Page 51 of 745 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of surreal how it really wasn't that long ago that he seemed like the perfect no drama loyal franchise star.

Just goes to show that if you're an autist you really need to get yourself the right wrangler.
    I don't think the league has ever seen a more dramatic revelation/twist in a narrative about a star player than throughout this Kawhi saga..

This still incomprehensible even for the major people involved in it (Pop, RC)..I don't think they ever saw this Kawhi gotry and near-betrayal coming.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not gonna dig on the guy. Sucks he wasn't a Doctor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Young is such a mouth piece lmao. "Kawhi calls his own shots" as if uncle Dennis didn't tell Young that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari's taking a calculated shot at this IMO..

There's no future in being a Spurs reporter or beat writer, why would he want to spend his life doing that? Even as a general NBA reporter or writer, he wouldn't stand out in any way..

However, if Kawhi does go to the Lakers, his brand and popularity will go through the roof, despite his lack of charisma and personality..it's a smart risk for Jabari's career..

Obviously it isn't like LeBron, a man who literally alters the economy of an entire city, but a star on the Lakers making them relevant for the first time in like 5 years would create a number of new jobs IMO..

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes done Harlem. Taking a shot at all Spurs fan in his Twitter and basically calling out the Spurs for not signing CoJo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes done Harlem. Taking a shot at all Spurs fan in his Twitter and basically calling out the Spurs for not signing CoJo.
    He's definitely done with the Spurs, nobody within the organization will ever trust him again, but that's the risk he took..

Worst-case for him is if Kawhi and Pop somehow work it out

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes never been enthused about talking about Spurs in general ever. Hes never been a fan and shouldn't be covering the Spurs. I had that feeling years ago about him. And hes showing me I was right. Just happy he wont be a Spurs reporter after this offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you are on to something.
    I'm trying to think of an analogous situation but can't. So much of this makes no sense.

1. To some extent the Spurs have made kawhi. They worked on his shot. Forced him to become more assertive game wise and shielded him from the media. They also worked with regarding other injuries. Tendinitis in the other knee ( see ringer article).
    He is set to leave millions on the table and if he joins one of the LA teams will probably be years away from being compe ive. Sure, I think the Spurs may not have handled this perfectly and are no lock to be le contenders, but this is strange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the one hand, I want Kawhi to ditch his joke advisor and agent and resign for NO more than max.

On the other, bring on Doncic!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I consider myself professional troll.
    You do you boo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's no future in being a Spurs reporter or beat writer, why would he want to spend his life doing that? Even as a general NBA reporter or writer, he wouldn't stand out in any way..

However, if Kawhi does go to the Lakers, his brand and popularity will go through the roof, despite his lack of charisma and personality..it's a smart risk for Jabari's career..

Obviously it isn't like LeBron, a man who literally alters the economy of an entire city, but a star on the Lakers making them relevant for the first time in like 5 years would create a number of new jobs IMO..
    He's definitely auditioning for the national spot light. In this video he looks super desperate for a new job.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely auditioning for the national spot light. In this video he looks super desperate for a new job.

Dude sounded more like a Laker Insider than Spurs Insider.

And like we want any dumb bull from the Lakers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely done with the Spurs, nobody within the organization will ever trust him again, but that's the risk he took..

Worst-case for him is if Kawhi and Pop somehow work it out
    How about if Kawhi is sent to Sacto somehow? Or the Raptors?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interestingly, the Suns have indicated an interest in Leonard that starts with the number one pick in the draft, and includes a few players.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You're both at what ya do.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes never been enthused about talking about Spurs in general ever. Hes never been a fan and shouldn't be covering the Spurs. I had that feeling years ago about him. And hes showing me I was right. Just happy he wont be a Spurs reporter after this offseason.
    He’s like the anti Jeff MacDonald

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    62. No just spare time. But i do hold several degrees in medicine and physiology. Thanks for the inquiry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is one of the best backup point guards in the league and has played while being underpaid for a few years.
    Kyle has developed into one of the best swing men defenders in the league.
    TP suffered a career ending injury, in which he returned from, one year out of his deserving contract.
    Gasol was the biggest question mark decision and they should have not re upped him for the extra year and let his contract expire.
    Green fell off while still on a contract. He sign that contract when he was one of the best 3&D guys in the league.
    Spurs got one of the best post big men in the league and got him extended while players like Milsap & Griffin got huge paydays.

All in all, the spurs biggest mistake was not addressing the need for a dependable guard. It's not exactly the Spurs fault that Parker declined rapidly then suffered the career ender. It's not the Spurs fault that Green forgot how to shoot at the same time, when he was one of the deadliest in the league. That just happens.

It is the Spurs fault not developing another guard. Clearly that is White and not Forbes or Paul.
    It's the Spurs' fault for standing pat in areas like PG and not putting stars around Kawhi. These "developing into" guys don't work will with superstars trying to win a le.

Milsap and Griffin... I don't want the Spurs to be like those teams. Do you?

TP has been falling off for 5 years at least. His career ending injury didn't even prevent the Spurs from beating Houston, he was so far removed from "mattering". But there he is.

The Spurs fans suffer from small town syndrome: which means they want the same guys every year to watch them develop. That's ok but then don't expect to win rings or keep a superstar who isn't in a stand pat mood.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Doesn't Windhorst make like 6 figures now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6??? You mean 7??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interestingly, the Suns have indicated an interest in Leonard that starts with the number one pick in the draft, and includes a few players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Jesus f'ing christ.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His scale sure does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd guess somewhere around 300-500k per year IMO..

Wilbon and Kornheiser make around 1 mil/year, ESPN's biggest star(Stephen A) is like 2-4 IIRC, so I assume Windhorst doesn't make anywhere near as much as them, but still a nice lifestyle..

That fat man planned his career out very well, can't hate..he has about 5 more years before he no longer has any value, though, so I hope he's stacking..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't put it past PATFO to have started this whole thing themselves. Maybe they know Kawhi is damaged goods and would rather just sell a lemon to the highest bidder. The Spurs avoid the albatross contract while getting young and talented pieces for a guy that's about to go Bandon Roy. CIA Pop.

Thread Information