My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For those who haven't seen his tweet.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from ATH Montrell Estell after committing to UT (OrangeBloods):

"They have the best defense for safeties," Estell said, shortly after he had informed the Texas coaches of his decision. "They put out the best DBs in the country."

"I'm going to play safety. I like that they put guys in the NFL. The tradition. And I'll be playing with one of the best in Brandon Jones," Estell said.

"Basically I just talked to my family. Texas is close, so they can come to all my games," Estell said. "It's a lot of weight off my shoulders. I can breathe now. I called coach (Charlie) Strong like 10 minutes ago. He's fired up."

"They (the UT coaches) have been saying I can play both receiver or DB, but I decided I want to play safety," Estell said. "I'll bring a lot of tackles, interceptions and hard work."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    With the commitment of Montrell Estell, TE coach Jeff Traylor now ranks as the top recruiter in the country, according to 24/7.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Quotes from ATH Montrell Estell after committing to UT (OrangeBloods):

" And I'll be playing with one of the best in Brandon Jones," Estell said.
    vaughn

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ???

Traylor locked down both Jones and Estell.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 05-20-2016 at 02:47 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two notes from 24/7...

-Coach Johnson was at Galena Park North Shore today to see DE K'Lavon Chaisson.

-Coach Jean-Mary traveled to Georgia to see LB Tyler Taylor who should be in Austin next weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Scout saying DT Corey Bethley of Katy could be close to an offer, but no word if he'll camp at UT this summer.

http://247sports.com/Player/Corey-Bethley-77811

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5095830/corey-bethley

OT Austin Deculus to LSU

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting 2018 CB Anthony Cook of Houston Lamar and 2018 ATH Jalen Preston of Manvel will camp at UT on June 5th

They are currently two of the highest-rated DB prospects in the state for their class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DT Marvin Wilson of Bellaire Episcopal (24/7):

“I’m going to Oklahoma,” Wilson said. “I’m probably going up to UT again. I’m going to head out to UCLA and USC. I’ll probably hit Florida State again and probably Alabama. After that, I want to narrow things down and come up with a Top 10.”

“Texas has always been on top of A&M,” Wilson said. “They are on top for sure. They have the advantage because of Brick Haley and Charlie Strong. He is one of the top coaches in the state right now.”

“They have to win,” Wilson said. “That’s all they have to do. They have to win. I would say nine wins. If they can make it to nine wins, they would be in the discussion big time, especially as a kid that grew up watching Texas.”

“I actually talked to Malik (Jefferson) a lot when I went up there,” Wilson said. “He just told me that I would help playing in front of him. Whatever I miss, he would clean up. He’s good guy. I enjoy talking to him.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Post Count
    Quotes from DT Marvin Wilson of Bellaire Episcopal (24/7):

“I’m going to Oklahoma,” Wilson said. “I’m probably going up to UT again. I’m going to head out to UCLA and USC. I’ll probably hit Florida State again and probably Alabama. After that, I want to narrow things down and come up with a Top 10.”

“Texas has always been on top of A&M,” Wilson said. “They are on top for sure. They have the advantage because of Brick Haley and Charlie Strong. He is one of the top coaches in the state right now.”

“They have to win,” Wilson said. “That’s all they have to do. They have to win. I would say nine wins. If they can make it to nine wins, they would be in the discussion big time, especially as a kid that grew up watching Texas.”

“I actually talked to Malik (Jefferson) a lot when I went up there,” Wilson said. “He just told me that I would help playing in front of him. Whatever I miss, he would clean up. He’s good guy. I enjoy talking to him.”
    Great quotes... he said exactly what I was thinking he was feeling. Jefferson is such a huge recruiting force for us but we have got to show progress on the field in terms of wins. I think 9 wins would definitely have him looking at us as overall favorites. Of course getting to 9 is easier said that done with a tough schedule.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    IT- WR Damion Miller UT commit still looks to be solid

The ETSN (East Texas Sports Network) Combine is where athletes from across the ETX region get invite-only opportunities to showcase their talents in a number of ways: 40-yard dash, shuttle, vertical leap, and broad jump, and more. After the initial testing, the prospects then go through 1-on-1 drills - OL vs DL and WR vs CB. This is where it gets physical.

Kids realize a good showing today means a new offer tomorrow. It's probably my favorite portion of the event.

But the best part of the day was seeing Texas pledge Damion Miller walk through the door. I knew the John Tyler 4-star wasn't participating today after speaking with his mother this morning, but just his appearance drew raves. He was decked out in Longhorns gear and every participant was working towards what he has; that exclusive offer from a major program like Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on OL Walker Little of Bellaire Episcopal (24/7):

“I’ve been talking to (quarterback commit) Sam Ehlinger quite a bit lately,” Little said. “He definitely wants me to make it out and hang out with him and get a feel for Texas. If I’m going to go, it will be the Under The Lights weekend.”

“I want to go to a school that’s winning games,” Little said. “That’s an impressive thing but more so the coaching and the atmosphere with these new coaches, especially Coach (Matt) Mattox. I want to see how the players react to them. I want to be in touch with players to see how they feel around him.”

“We’ve had a lot of casual conversations,” Little said. “We’ve just been trying to get to know each other. He definitely wants me out there. We’re building a really good relationship — probably the best out of any of the coaches I’ve been talking to.”

“I want to take my time with it,” Little said. “I don’t want to rush into it or make a decision just to make it. It’s a really important decision.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Several members of the 2016 class moving to Austin over Memorial Day weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Worth mentioning that Scout is hearing rumors multiple highly-ranked Texas kids are going to be playing for IMG Academy in the fall.

No names have been dropped yet.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What are people saying about Jarrett Allen’s silence after the last day of the signing period?

Hook'em.com :

http://www.hookem.com/2016/05/23/peo...igning-period/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What are people saying about Jarrett Allen’s silence after the last day of the signing period?

Hook'em.com :

http://www.hookem.com/2016/05/23/peo...igning-period/
    I don't follow basketball recruiting, but what a weird story.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas' new kicker, Chris Naggar:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If you skip this post, UT is starting to take a look at DE/LB Jalen Harris of Mesa, AZ.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Harris-89046

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4779014/jalen-harris

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DE Taquon Graham (Temple)

Thread Information