Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 6947
    south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    THE KRAKEN. ‏@DeShonElliott_4
    Texas has discipline. A&M is a circus.

Naturally he deleted this after the aggy backlash on twitter

ags bringing in 'the program' which is essentially their own week in boot camp style.

the irony of copying off strong after all the negative recruiting for strong being too demanding, etc.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Aggy

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TCU WR Brandon Carter arrested for marijuana possession:

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....medium=twitter

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Great find. Interesting timing because OrangeBloods mentioned UT looking to bring in another QB for the 2014 season in addition to Wittek. This kid matches that description.
    This morning Ketch said that report was a false alarm. It would be nice if they were looking at him. They need the depth.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This morning Ketch said that report was a false alarm. It would be nice if they were looking at him. They need the depth.
    Good to know.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Obviously wanting to have fun at practice and liking vibe of DJ is no red flag. That said you'd rather hear somebody's primary reason to choose your school is because best shot at NFL, the coaches develop players, to play for championships, etc, versus talking about how you like DJ at practice and it's not a grind like at other schools.
    In those same interviews he mentions the horns not having a QB to distribute the ball. He listed a number of reasons as to why he prefers A&M.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    In those same interviews he mentions the horns not having a QB to distribute the ball. He listed a number of reasons as to why he prefers A&M.
    I wonder what he would have thought of Vince Young if he saw him as a freshmen? Swoops is no VY but I won't judge him until he has more time to develop.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    In those same interviews he mentions the horns not having a QB to distribute the ball.
    That makes no sense to me because what exactly does A&M have at QB?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I wonder what he would have thought of Vince Young if he saw him as a freshmen? Swoops is no VY but I won't judge him until he has more time to develop.
    Wasn't Swoopes being moved to TE before Ash got injured? I could be wrong, but I could almost swear I read that.

That makes no sense to me because what exactly does A&M have at QB?
    As far as proven QBs? Nothing. However, Sumlin is choosing between a 5A TX HS State Champion and the #1 PP QB recruit of the 2014 class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying RB Rodney Anderson has de-committed from A&M.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Many recruits commented on Davis on pay sites and a common theme is he talked about DJ and not wanting a grind from multiple sources. I also heard comments of the sort from guys sitting with recruits as it was apparently discssued amongst many of them - so not just going off an interview. Guess the impression some guys got is he is not somebody excited to put in hard work. Who knows, they could be biased in truth.

That said I find the QB comment odd being A&M faces an equally dire situation at QB. Swoopes' performance wasn't that meaningful being he will be 3rd / 4th string when season starts - but certainly agree if I was recruit it wouldn't have gotten me fired up.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Color me surprised. Brice Jones says he's confident A&M gets him back... long way to go and such. But it just seems like it's pretty rare for a kid to end up at a school he decommitted from.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wasn't Swoopes being moved to TE before Ash got injured? I could be wrong, but I could almost swear I read that.
    Not as far as I know, but a position change seems inevitable. He's too intriguing an athlete to waste as third-string QB.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Inferesting side note - Daylon Mack removed all A&M stuff from twitter (no mention of being commit, A&M centric pics gone, etc)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inferesting side note - Daylon Mack removed all A&M stuff from twitter (no mention of being commit, A&M centric pics gone, etc)
    Not a Twitter guy so I can't confirm, but I read his most recent follows on Twitter are Bedford, Rumph and Chambers.

Anyone know?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Love the artwork, but is UT hiring 8 year-olds to write these notes?!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not a Twitter guy so I can't confirm, but I read his most recent follows on Twitter are Bedford, Rumph and Chambers.

Anyone know?

Yeah just confirmed he just started following them all recently.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Paging benefactor...

How was Strong's showing in Tyler?!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah just confirmed he just started following them all recently.
    Thanks, bud. Good to know.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here are five guys 24/7 sees as potential offers during the spring evaluation period:

QB, Quinten Dormady, Boerne
    WR, Carlos Strickland, Dallas Skyline
    OL, Madison Akamnonu, Arlington Bowie
    DT, Ross Donelly, Cy-Fair
    S, PJ Locke, Beaumont Central

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on OL Madison Akamnonu of Arlington Bowie (24/7):

“Coach (Joe) Wickline told me that he’s going to come see me then,” Akamnonu told Horns247. “He will be up here on Tuesday to watch me practice and to visit with me and my coaches. I’m really looking forward to that and I want to show him just what I can do.”

“I’m not going to lie, that would be a big deal,” he said. “A very big deal if they offered. It would shoot them right up to the top. That would be great.”

“Most importantly I want to go somewhere with an engineering program,” said Akamnonu. “I want to go to a place that has one of the best engineering programs out there actually. A good education is the biggest thing for me. Besides that though, just a place that I know I’ll get good coaching on the offensive line and a place that has talented recruits. All of that combined is what I want."

“I plan to make my decision sometime this summer,” he added. “I want to get it out of the way so I don’t have to worry about anything going into my senior year.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from K Drew Galitz of Rowlett (teammate of DE Charles Omenihu) after attending the spring game last weekend (24/7):

“Coach (Chris) Vaughn told me I was their main and only guy,” Galitz said. “Basically they're just waiting until spring to watch me in person and then we’re going from there.”

“If they offered me I would talk to my parents about it and then probably go ahead and commit,” he told Horns247. “I’m being recruited by Texas A&M, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Colorado and Toledo too, but Texas is my favorite.”

“I love the campus and the fans and the colors are great,” Galitz said. “The coaching staff is probably one of the best staffs I’ve ever been around. I like Coach (Charlie) Strong’s new rules, too. It’s just that the program is one of the best in the nation. They’ve had a lot of success and they win, which is what I like.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying Coach Watson is scheduled to stop by Boerne High on May 7th to watch QB Quinten Dormady throw.

Dormady is already scheduled to attend the QB camp in June.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another name to look out for on the OL is Connor Williams of Coppell. He was just offered by OU this morning and attended the spring game on Saturday (24/7):

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/202181...ghts/124964379

“I thought the visit (to Texas) was really neat,”
    Williams said. “It was a cool school and a lot of people were there. They have a good fan base there. And it looks like they have a good team."

He continued, “I visited with Coach (Joe) Wickline for a few minutes. He asked me my weight and said that I looked good. He wants to get a chance and come up and see me within a few weeks.”

“Well I have seven offers and OU and Michigan are coming soon to watch me,” he said. “I’m really looking for a good school with good academics and a good football team.”

“I haven’t put together a schedule for the summer, but I know I am going to try and make a Texas camp and a Stanford camp,” he said.

Thread Information