Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2045
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But my best case hope is they can do a trade that brings in both (a legit 3rd scoring option & wing defender). Whether it's through a trade and FA signing, two trades, one trade, a trade + buyout signing, I hope they can do both.
    The team couldn't expect to get a scorer much better than Beli at this point. There aren't many targets out there who are effective, experienced playoff scorers. I don't see any trade that will net a player who could crack the top six.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. It's a really tough spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks! Did he forget Malcolm Thomas or is Thomas not a cap hit at all because he was claimed off waivers? I thought he'd count for the time he was with the Spurs.
    You are correct. Being claimed off waivers totally wiped out his cap hit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team couldn't expect to get a scorer much better than Beli at this point. There aren't many targets out there who are effective, experienced playoff scorers. I don't see any trade that will net a player who could crack the top six.
    You know what is funny, is that with hindsight, Rudy Gay seems like he may have been an option. Not sure I'd want him obviously, but kind of funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what is funny, is that with hindsight, Rudy Gay seems like he may have been an option. Not sure I'd want him obviously, but kind of funny.
    I don't see how that would have worked financially. I think DeRozan was much more possible last season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't normally get caught up in these threads, but it looks like Dion Waiters has worn out his welcome in Cleveland. I'm sure 29 other teams could come up with a better offer, but this is a matter of buying low...I would give up Joseph, DeColo, Bonner, picks or Euro stashes to get this kid...he's signed for another 3 years ....$4 mil next year, then $5 mil team option..then $6.7 mil qualifying offer...Cleveland is looking to clear as much cap room as possible...slight chance we make good trading partners....wishful thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are correct. Being claimed off waivers totally wiped out his cap hit.
    Shouldn't make much of a difference this year for the Spurs, but it's nice to learn something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't normally get caught up in these threads, but it looks like Dion Waiters has worn out his welcome in Cleveland. I'm sure 29 other teams could come up with a better offer, but this is a matter of buying low...I would give up Joseph, DeColo, Bonner, picks or Euro stashes to get this kid...he's signed for another 3 years ....$4 mil next year, then $5 mil team option..then $6.7 mil qualifying offer...Cleveland is looking to clear as much cap room as possible...slight chance we make good trading partners....wishful thinking.
    waiters is a 6'2.5" shooting guard. more length would be nice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all want a 6' 8 - 6'10 scoring SF...for whatever reason, the FO has not been able to pull it off...we need scoring, youth and athleticism....he provides it..and the reality is Cleveland is about to have a fire sale, maybe Sergey Karasev is available as well...at 6'7 he's more of the SF we all want.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a couple Dleaguers that we might want to look at. especially since we are to giving 10 day contracts right now. And none have NBA team affiliations. I also wouldn't mind trading decolo and joseph and bringing up myck kabongo to be the 3rd PG. he is an extremely athletic young PG. and could develop his show with chip.

devin ebanks 6'9" SF
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Devin-Ebanks-1112/

daniel orton 6'10" PF
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Daniel-Orton-5272/

Fab Melo 7'0" C
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Fab-Melo-5715/

Shawne Williams 6'9" SF
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Williams-296/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all want a 6' 8 - 6'10 scoring SF...for whatever reason, the FO has not been able to pull it off...we need scoring, youth and athleticism....he provides it..and the reality is Cleveland is about to have a fire sale, maybe Sergey Karasev is available as well...at 6'7 he's more of the SF we all want.
    a trade of corey joseph to toronto for austin daye makes a lot of sense for both teams. daye doesn't play much and has 2 guys ahead of him in toronto. Joseph is from canada and could be a home country boy as a back up PG. daye brings his 6'10" inch frame to the SF spot. as a backup to kawhi that can shoot and score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiters is a cancer, Pop would break this kid in 1 day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiters wouldn't help the Spurs, but could be a decent piece for a 3-team trade assuming CLE was willing to get expiring contracts and picks in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a couple Dleaguers that we might want to look at. especially since we are to giving 10 day contracts right now. And none have NBA team affiliations. I also wouldn't mind trading decolo and joseph and bringing up myck kabongo to be the 3rd PG. he is an extremely athletic young PG. and could develop his show with chip.
    the only decent one on this list

Not an NBA player.

scrub and no BBIQ at all.

didn't he threaten to kill Bonner during a game when he was in Indy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiters is a cancer, Pop would break this kid in 1 day.
    More a bad situation for a young kid. His gripe was apparently about the double standard between him and Irving. Irving got a pass on defense but Waiters got chewed out.

He probably wouldn't help at all this season, but is only a couple of years off of being a high lottery pick. Maybe he could pan out for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure, but if Okafor gets traded he could be brought out. If we made a move that happened to clear out some of the clutter at PF-C , he would be a good backup

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only decent one on this list

Not an NBA player.

scrub and no BBIQ at all.

didn't he threaten to kill Bonner during a game when he was in Indy?
    You must think I am talking about these guys as coming in and being starters. I am saying 10 day contracts to see what they can offer us. And I love your no BBIQ comment, that is the stupidest thing ever. the kid has a lot of potential to be a rebounder and defensive force. and that is what we need out a bench big. He's played 1 year and you have come to that conclusion already. brilliant! same with orton. brilliant!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://fansided.com/2014/01/31/nba-t...-trade/#!ue4WD

Celtics may be interested in moving any of the following to Phoenix:

"According To Chuck Myron, the Celtics could entertain a trade that sends Okafor and picks to Boston in exchange for any number of their veterans that include Avery Bradley or Jeff Green. Myron also points out a scenario where the Suns could acquire Brandon Bass and Keith Bogans in exchange for Okafor and draft picks, thus coming out of things with a pair of players they don’t have to commit to beyond this season but could very much use in the postseason."

The Lakers are also rumored to be willing to deal Pau Gasol for Okafor.

As ESPN pointed out the deal is similar to the rumored Gasol for Bynum deal but won't save the Lakers as much cash. The Lakers also wanted more assets but the Cavs didn't budge. Phoenix has up to 3 1st rounders this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green would be a horrible get foe them. Then again, so would Bradley. They'd be best served with a legitimate wing like Afflalo.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    If only the Spurs could get their hands on Avery Bradley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you guys think about Tristan Thompson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would just be Laker luck to get their hands on some random mid 1st round pick who is the next mid round Paul George.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you guys think about Tristan Thompson?

Tristans a nice player in the making. Nice rebounding qualities. CJ Miles is showing a bit. Zeller is pleasing the faithful over there. Waiters can play no doubt about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tristans a nice player in the making. Nice rebounding qualities. CJ Miles is showing a bit. Zeller is pleasing the faithful over there. Waiters can play no doubt about it.
    Do you think Tristan is the type of player that the Spurs would go after in a trade? There are multiple trades that work, but I'm not sure either side would want the specific players. I'm especially not sure if the Cavs would even want to take some of our players, that would most likely be involved in any trade that we would have(Bonner, Green, Ayres, De Colo, Joseph, Baynes).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a countdown to the trade deadline on Feb 20th, 2pm CT.

17 days and counting...

Thread Information