Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1693
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It's ing sheriff in ing rural slave-state Arkansas smearing Kaep-supporting Nike by putting their logo on mug shot people.

Racism is the basis of American society, and you Repugs are by definition racists. Repug = white male supremacist / nativist.
    Multiculturalism breeds racism?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jared Kushner reportedly dodged paying income taxes for years

• Jared Kushner, President Donald Trump's son-in-law, paid little to no federal income taxes from 2009 to 2016, according to a report from The New York Times.
    • Filings by the Kushner Companies reviewed by The Times show massive losses listed as depreciation, a real estate tax law allowance that allows for a deduction to reduce taxes.
    • The report comes just over a week after another extensive Times investigation that found the president employed "dubious tax schemes" in the 1990s to bolster his gains from the family inheritance.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jared-kushner-companies-dodged-income-tax-for-years-2018-10

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump moves to target EPA mercury regulation

The Trump administration is advancing a proposal that could weaken the legal justification behind a major 2011 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rule limiting mercury pollution.

The rule would be yet another in a string of regulatory changes that could greatly benefit the coal industry.

The proposal wouldn’t repeal the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards (MATS) rule, which at an estimated compliance cost of $9.6 billion, is the most costly rule in the EPA’s history. It has been blamed for shutting down scores of coal-fired power plants.

Instead,

it would change the cost-benefit analysis by removing “co-benefits,” or benefits that the regulation brought from reducing air pollutants that were not directly regulated.

The Trump administration believes it is improper to count those benefits in the cost-benefit analysis.

The Obama administration estimated the rule would bring more than $80 billion in benefits, but the mercury-related gains were only a small part of that at about $4 million.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...ury-regulation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ing sheriff in ing rural slave-state Arkansas smearing Kaep-supporting Nike by putting their logo on mug shot people.

Racism is the basis of American society, and you Repugs are by definition racists. Repug = white male supremacist / nativist.
    you're a ing re . yeah all those mugshots were just blacks and mexicans and asians too and whoever else but no white people at all and if they are there they are there to mock the blacks and mexicans and asians and whoever else and that's why they got arrested in the first place so they can just mock them all in the same cell too.

lmao what a show of a "sentence". ha!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Along with the gerrymandering, voter suppression, counting fraud, etc,

some good old timey Repug RAT ING

Self-described ‘communists’ tried to donate to a Democrat. They were actually GOP activists.

Two young men, who said their names were Jose Rosales and Ahmahd Sadia, had shown up at the Flagstaff campaign office of Rep. Tom O’Halleran, a Democrat who is running for reelection to represent northern Arizona.

They claimed they were from nearby Northern Arizona University and were eager to volunteer. They had also brought along a jar of small bills and coins — totaling $39.68 — money that they said wanted to donate to O’Halleran’s campaign.

The men mentioned they were with the “Northern Arizona University Communist Party,”

“Once they filled out the forms, they became oddly insistent on getting a receipt for the contributions,” Mulcahy told The Washington Post. “They were told the only way you can get a receipt is [by] email. So they ended up crossing out the email they had written down and writing in another one.”

Meanwhile, as the men were leaving, another staffer came over — and recognized them from social media as being affiliated with the Arizona Republican Party, Mulcahy said. Shortly after the pair left, O’Halleran’s finance director, Lindsay Coleman, drove over to the local Arizona GOP office to return the donation.

Her su ions were almost immediately confirmed upon entering the GOP office, in an awkward exchange that was captured on video.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/10/13/self-described-communists-tried-donate-democrat-they-were-actually-gop-activists/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.158ae50015be&wpisrc=nl_mo st&wpmm=1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pocahontas news

McCarthy’s In-Laws Made Millions Off ‘Dubious’ Native American Heritage Claim

A construction company owned by the in-laws of House Republican second-in-command Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) was awarded more than $7 million in federal contracts since 2000 based on a “dubious” claim of Native American heritage,

William Wages, whose sister Judy is married to McCarthy, the House Majority Leader, claims he is one-eighth Cherokee.

He is a member of the Northern Cherokee Nation, which is not a federally-recognized tribe and

which the Times reported is considered a fraud by tribes that are federally recognized.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/mccarthys-in-laws-made-millions-off-dubious-native-american-heritage-claim?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_ca mpaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

======================

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s family benefited from U.S. program for minorities based on disputed ancestry

http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...014-story.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump taps Medicaid critic to run Medicaid

Mary Mayhew has urged other states not to expand the public insurance program.

She has also testified in front of multiple state legislatures (including
    Florida and Utah) urging them not to participate in the Affordable Care Act’s Medicaid expansion.

Mayhew has been an
    ardent proponent of bringing work requirements into welfare programs;

Those requirements are having consequences.

Arkansas, the first state to have its work requirement go into effect, announced today that

8,426 low-income people
    there have lost coverage as a result of the policy change.

https://www.vox.com/2018/10/15/17980...mp-mary-mayhew

Oligarchy keeps finding inhumane ways to screw poor people, they are sub-human, they're poor because they bad people, and/or they are lazy cheats, and anyway govt gotta pay for the oligarchy's tax cuts and $T deficits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds about right. believe it or not there is no right to vote in the USA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds about right. believe it or not there is no right to vote in the USA.
    was not founded as democracy, and is clearly not a democracy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash ain't gonna do about drug prices

oligarchy in corrupting quid pro quo corruption

Drugmakers funnel millions to lawmakers; a few dozen get $100,000-plus

Before the midterm elections heated up,

dozens of drugmakers had already poured about $12 million into the war chests of hundreds of members of Congress.

Since the beginning of last year,

34 lawmakers have each received more than $100,000 from pharmaceutical companies.

Two of those —

Reps. Greg Walden of Oregon, a key Republican committee chairman, and Kevin McCarthy of California, the House Republican majority leader — each received more than $200,000,

a new Kaiser Health News database shows.

The drug industry ranks among lawmakers' most generous patrons.

In the past decade, Congress has received $79 million from 68 pharma political action committees, or PACs,

run by employees of companies that make drugs treating everything from cancer to erectile dysfunction.

Drugmakers' campaign contributions have reached record-breaking levels in recent years as skyrocketing drug prices have become a hot-button political issue.

By June 30, 52 PACs funded by pharmaceutical companies and their trade organizations had given about $12 million to members of Congress for this election cycle.

It is unclear whether drugmakers will top their previous 10-year record of $16 million, given during the 2016 election season.

While PAC contributions to candidates are limited,

a larger donation frequently accompanies individual contributions from the company's executives and other employees.

It also sends a clear message to the recipient, campaign finance experts say, one they may remember when lobbyists come calling:

There's more where that came from.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...0000-plus.aspx

oligarchy buys politicians to enable/increase/defend the oligarchy's fleecing, looting, extorting the wealth of Americans, totally disenfranchising citizens, whose preferences are nearly 100% ignored so the preferences of the oligarchy are pandered to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican ‘civility’ in action: ‘I’m going to stomp all over your face with golf es’

Pennsylvania ... State Senator Scott Wagner.

You might remember him as the Republican who kicked off his campaign for governor by saying that teachers were overpaid.

Maybe you remember him as the guy that said our earth’s climate is changing because we are
    moving closer to the sun and

also, possibly, because of increases in the total amount of human body heat due to increases in population.

"Well, Governor Wolf, let me tell you.

Between now and November 6th,

you better put a catcher’s mask on your face

because I’m going to stomp all over your face with golf es."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-16-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Administration Approves a Plan to Drill for Oil in the Arctic

The U.S. Interior Department has approved a plan by Hilcorp Energy, one of the nation’s largest privately-held oil and gas companies, to drill for oil in the Beaufort Sea.

If developed, the project, located six miles off the Alaskan coast, would be the first fossil fuel production facility in federal waters in the Arctic,

fulfilling a Trump administration pledge to open more areas for offshore drilling.

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke called the decision an important step toward

“American energy dominance.” America, yeah!

“Responsibly developing our resources, in Alaska especially,

will allow us to use our energy diplomatically to aid our allies and check our adversaries,” America, yeah!

he
    said in a statement. “That makes America stronger
    America, yeah! and

more influential around the globe.”
    America, yeah!

https://e360.yale.edu/digest/trump-a...-in-the-arctic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs following Trash's example, campaiging on Euro-white male supremacy

Andy Kim Is A South Jersey Boy. The GOP Calls Him ‘Not One Of Us.

The local boy turned White House national security adviser is taking on the Garden State’s Trumpiest Republican.

Andy Kim really wants you to know he’s from New Jersey.

The man he’s trying to unseat, Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.), is trying to convince voters otherwise.

MacArthur and his allies have attacked Kim,

a son of South Korean immigrants and

a former national security aide to President
    Barack Obama,

as a D.C. elitist and an outsider.

The New Jersey Republican Party described him in campaign mailers as

“Real Fishy” ― the text
    printed in a typeface called Chop Suey ― next to a photo of dead fish on ice.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...gEmail__103018

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hole racist TX Repugs will be racist bags

Texas Congressman Won’t Say Why He Labeled Opponent ‘Indo-American Carpetbagger’

The unnamed cons uent persisted with questions, asking Olson why he had called his Democratic challenger in the 22nd Congressional District, Sri Preston Kulkarni, an “Indo-American carpetbagger.”

Olson described Kulkarni, who is of Indian heritage, as a “liberal, liberal, liberal Indo-American who’s a carpetbagger” and

questioned whether donations raised for him through the online fundraising site

ActBlue were “coming from overseas.” ( like Russian $100Ms for Repugs? )

“Why would you mention his race?” the woman demanded.

“I didn’t mention his race.

Carpetbagger’s not a race,”

Olson responded.

During an extended back and forth, Olson never directly addressed why he mentioned Kulkarni’s ethnicity.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pete-olson-indo-american-carpetbagger-cnn-sucks_us_5bd761dfe4b07427610a2957?utm_medium=email &utm_campaign=__TheMorningEmail__103018&utm_conten t=__TheMorningEmail__103018+CID_004b21cb653575a555 b0d3a33c90b776&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20soft ware&utm_term=HuffPost&ncid=newsltushpmgnews__TheM orningEmail__103018

Trash's AmeriKKKa, in full stink up in hole TX.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EPA wants to grant factory farms exemption from reporting potentially harmful emissions

Industry supporters describe potentially toxic emissions as "normal odors" from animal waste.

What factory farm owners portray as “normal odors” from animal waste can cause serious harm to farmers and the residents who live near these large industrial operations.

The Trump administration, like it has with many important health and safety rules, is siding with industry and ignoring how animal waste can have serious impacts on the health of Americans.

Andrew Wheeler signed a proposed rule on Tuesday to amend emergency release notification regulations to let industrial agricultural operations off the hook from reporting air emissions from animal waste at their farms.

This is despite the mountain of evidence that shows concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) produce toxic air that can be
    lethal for farm workers and nearby residents.

https://thinkprogress.org/epa-wants-...-6e944dc36d23/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The EPA's Climate Change Page Is Just Gone Now

A report released this week by the Environmental Data & Governance Initiative reveals that

the removal of climate change information from the EPA website is

set to be a long-term policy of the Trump administration.

EPA.gov pages that previously provided information about climate change have been changed from claiming that they are "updating" to an error message that reads, "We want to help you find what you are looking for,"

The change indicates that

information related climate change is not being “updated,” but removed entirely.

the EPA’s climate change subdomains were removed and

were replaced by a page that said that the subdomains were being “updated.”

The pages remained like this until the night between October 16 and 17, when the pages were updated to read “We want to help you find what you are looking for.”

There is no information related to climate change on any of the EPA’s climate change subdomains,

and per the language of the EPA’s April 2017 press release, this reflects the priorities of the Trump Administration.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...-just-gone-now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EPA is a waste

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican Senate candidate literally took his sick employee's health insurance away

Republican businessman Mike Braun has been touting his experience as an employer,

saying he understands all about protecting people's health care because of his experience as a boss.

One of his former employees, Jim Songer of Hungtingburg, Indiana,
    tells the real story.

"At Mike Braun's company, I sold RV parts and towing parts.

A few months ago, I got really sick, ended up in the hospital.
    "

So while I was in the hospital, Mike Braun fired me.

And backdated my termination.

So my insurance had been cancelled.

I was devastated, stuck with a $30,000 bill and left with nothing.

"There is no such thing as health care when something happens to you and it gets taken away.

And that's what Mike Braun's company did."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1809359

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another way Trash and his mafiya are TRADITIONAL PURE SWAMP creatures

Trump Administration Spares Corporate Wrongdoers Billions in Penalties

The three corporate giants complained that the Obama administration was being unreasonable and stood their ground, according to people briefed on the investigations.

After President Trump took office, they looked to his administration for a more sympathetic ear — and got one.

Federal prosecutors and the Securities and Exchange Commission have yet to charge Walmart, and

the Justice Department reached a much lower settlement agreement with Barclays in March, for $2 billion.

R.B.S. paid a civil penalty, but escaped criminal charges altogether.

Across the corporate landscape,

the Trump administration has presided over a sharp decline in financial penalties against banks and big companies accused of malfeasance,

The approach mirrors the administration’s aggressive deregulatory agenda throughout the federal government.

the review found:

• A 62 percent drop in penalties imposed and illicit profits ordered returned by the S.E.C., to $1.9 billion under the Trump administration from $5 billion under the Obama administration;

• A 72 percent decline in corporate penalties from the Justice Department’s criminal prosecutions, to $3.93 billion from $14.15 billion, and a similar percent drop in civil penalties against financial ins utions, to $7.4 billion;

• A lighter touch toward the banking industry, with the S.E.C. ordering banks to pay $1.7 billion during the Obama period, nearly four times as much as in the Trump era, and Mr. Trump’s Justice Department bringing 17 such cases, compared with 71.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/03/u...penalties.html

When Trash and his mafiya want favor$$$ for next campaign, they will certainly, blatantly reminding BigCorp who saved them $Bs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another TV asshole as qualified as Trash is

Trump economic adviser calls federal minimum wage a 'terrible idea' this week in the war on workers

Larry Kudlow,

one of Donald Trump’s top economic advisers,

took some time the week before Election Day

to call the federal minimum wage a “terrible idea.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1809155

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How racists like Trash, etc get (re-) elected in AmeriKKKa

"A local Kansas GOP official lashed out at Democratic congressional candidate Sharice Davidson social media earlier this week, saying

“your radical socialist kick boxing lesbian Indian will be sent back packing to the reservation.”

The Facebook message was written by
    Republican precinct committeeman Michael Kalny of Shawnee and

sent to Anne Pritchett, president of the Johnson County Democratic Women’s north chapter.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...219720280.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The VA shadow rulers’ signature program is “Trending Towards Red”

A $10 billion technology upgrade championed by Jared Kushner and the Mar-a-Lago trio is at risk of failing

the three Trump supporters who’ve been quietly shaping the agency’s agenda from the president’s Mar-a-Lago resort, he minimized his interactions with the trio, saying they’d had a single meeting on a seemingly dry subject: electronic medical records.
    As unexciting as that might seem, it is a subject that will shape the agency for decades to come. The VA gave a software company a $10 billion no-bid contract to replace the agency’s records system. The new system is supposed to synchronize with data from other providers, as the VA increasingly sends veterans to private doctors instead of treating them in-house.

he so-called Mar-a-Lago Crowd — a doctor, a lawyer and an entertainment executive with no U.S. military or government backgrounds — opposed the records transition, they actually championed it, highlighting the issue to the incoming Trump White House and making it their top focus,

the program’s alert level as “yellow trending towards red.”

The Mar-a-Lago Crowd and the White House frustrated efforts to hire a qualified leader to run the project, according to interviews. The people now in charge have no experience in health care. They have gone against expert advice. And they have been consumed by infighting. A key lawmaker has called the program’s leadership “deteriorating and rudderless.”

The VA justified the no-bid contract

The company providing the new software, Cerner, declined to comment, but sent an email to veterans groups warning about about “negative media coverage, including a piece from ProPublica that we anticipate being published this week.”

As the VA moves ahead with the program, it’s increasingly following the lead of the Defense Department, which is already installing the same software at its own hospitals. But the DOD’s program isn’t going well, either: When four military facilities tested the software, it routed orders incorrectly so that lab tests went unfulfilled, and users swamped the help desk with more than 14,000 trouble tickets. An official DOD review in April said the software put patients’ health at risk by providing inaccurate medical data and delaying care.

a similar failure at a VA hospital could strengthen the political forces that want to privatize veterans’ care.

https://www.salon.com/2018/11/04/the...s-red_partner/

And of course, privatizing VA, for profit, won't work, either. America can't make progress anymore, can't do .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhhh....you can have a street address and a PO box.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhhh....you can have a street address and a PO box.
    on a reservation, where ND officials don't assign a street address?

Thread Information