Page 56 of 91 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2258
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Houston is waiving Patty. Wonder if the Spurs have any interest.
    They literally just signed him. He's got to be there to make salaries work for a trade. Now he will probably be waived wherever he goes.

Wait, can you do that anymore? I remember Cuban signing Keith Van Horn out of retirement to make salaries work on a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They literally just signed him. He's got to be there to make salaries work for a trade. Now he will probably be waived wherever he goes.

Wait, can you do that anymore? I remember Cuban signing Keith Van Horn out of retirement to make salaries work on a trade.
    I'm seeing that he's getting routed in a larger trade with Brooklyn-Houston-Memphis and maybe another team. Don't think he's getting waived.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seeing that he's getting routed in a larger trade with Brooklyn-Houston-Memphis and maybe another team. Don't think he's getting waived.
    Yeah even Houston isn't stupid enough to sign Patty just to cut him. Almost, but not quite stupid enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah Feigen backtracked and said he’s being re-routed, not released.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truly wonder if Patty said he's not showing up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe Ime signed off on this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all seriousness… we have 6-7 years. After that, we have to earn it.
    Trust will have to be earned well before then though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby will stay, because we’ll pay for FAs when there’s a non ty FA class. Can’t honestly remember a tier one.
    Next year might be worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still wish Spurs would have just signed McDaniels to get to floor instead of Cedi deal tbh….would have been a better thing to do IMVHO

HOU did what tons of Spurs fans seemingly wanted Spurs to do: Take the best you can get, fire every bullet to improve immediately. Spurs and HOU two very different paths - I expect HOU to be better than Sa next year (I mean, if they aren’t wow) but lets see in 2-3+ which team did it better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should waive Cedi and Stevens and in order to get to floor sign Plumlee to rest of money they need to get there. Done deal.

Or, wait for Dame trade and get a decent piece there that does it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't say that in here, Wright did a lot. They'll win so many games next year.
    We got a future second round pick

WINNING

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets with a bunch of moves but I have no idea what they’re doing.
    They don't either so you're excused. Really jaw-dropping moves. Truly stunning putting so many ball heavy players on one roster. Then seemingly making KPJ an off the bench player which is sure to cause problems. And they trade Martin Jr instead of KPJ. Giving Brooks 20M/yr.??.

Just asinine move after move. I feel sorry for Alpie Sengun. And my opinion of Imr took a huge fall if he signed off on pretty much every signing aside from Jock and Jeff Green.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe Ime signed off on this roster.
    All-Chuck 1st Team

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like the moves that Houston made. They made difficult decisions seem smart and easy with their roster selection. They went after tough hard nosed players with great locker room presence. They’re no a team that matches their coach. Say what you want but a FVV and Brooks backcourt is a good one. Sliding Green over the to 3 might do wonders for his game as he should be able to blow pass his defenders with his first step and just has to focus on corner 3s on defense. That’s a win there. Smith now has an actual PG who can run and offense and get him open looks at the 4 spot and Sengun is still the one that got away. On paper this team improved greatly.

With KJP and Amen as their bench. Houston looks to be tending in the right direction… for me to keep buying $10 lower level tix for my son and I to watch them play
    Rockets.
    200 million for Brooks and FVV
    $32 million to a guy who won’t even average 15 minutes a game
    upper level closed off for the next 3 seasons in the Toyota Center
    You had me going there. Bold part made me lol. Nice job.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets being in Win now mode to maybe get up to the 10th seed is hilarious. Like, I know why, but it's a good reason not to rush the rebuild.

Trading away Garuba, Christopher, Ty Ty and KJ Martin for basically nothing is hilarious. Doing it to sign Londale and trade for Patty is even more amazing.
    That's what happens when ownership decides to go from full tank to win-right-the- -now mode. The Rockets suddenly have no patience for player development and have jettisoned nearly all the "fruits" of their tank job because they don't control their own draft for the next few years.

Tanker ships don't turn on a dime. Trying to make them do so can make them capsize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got a future second round pick

WINNING
    That was sarcasm of course, Spurs are frozen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time posting here!

Guys you think the Spurs should help Miami and Portland if they are willing to give us some first round picks for our second round picks?

Maybe we can grab a bad contract example: Nurkic
    Welcome aboard. No, we shouldn't help Niami with either Robinson or Herro. I wouldn't mind getting in on Nurcic though if we could do so by giving up only a bunch of seconds and Birch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania
    4m
    Free agent center Alex Len has agreed to a one-year, $3.2 million contract to re-sign with the Sacramento Kings, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Agent Michael Lelchitski of sigSports negotiated the deal for Len’s return.
    Anyone noticed Shams has been giving shoutouts to players' agents in his tweets lately?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what happens when ownership decides to go from full tank to win-right-the- -now mode. The Rockets suddenly have no patience for player development and have jettisoned nearly all the "fruits" of their tank job because they don't control their own draft for the next few years.

Tanker ships don't turn on a dime. Trying to make them do so can make them capsize.
    True, of course the Rockets are a franchise who haven't made good moves since the 90's and we can see none of this will lead to anything for them. I'd say the Spurs hit the sweetspot where the tank landed the generational player, i'll disagree with the FO on doing absolutely nothing, i think they could've attempted to get Wemby some help and no you didn't have to trade future perennial all-stars Keldon Johnson and Devin Vassell to do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone noticed Shams has been giving shoutouts to players' agents in his tweets lately?
    Isn't Shams repped by Klutch? this dude has literally zero shame when it comes to sports "journalism"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah even Houston isn't stupid enough to sign Patty just to cut him. Almost, but not quite stupid enough.
    Who the heck is running the rockets? Big fans of the players they draft but these contracts are awful. Although I do see them making the playoffs this year tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect HOU to be better than Sa next year (I mean, if they aren’t wow)
    Man I’m not even sure about that tbh. I don’t think I’d be surprised at all if we end up being better than them. Obviously Victor is the big wild card but I’m just not impressed with that Houston roster at all, even after the money they’ve spent recently. If we’re decently healthy and truly trying to win then I like our chances.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Mills under contract? What did he sign for?

Also, if the Spurs were to have put in an offer to Reaves before he went back to LA, could the 100M have been frontloaded?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, of course the Rockets are a franchise who haven't made good moves since the 90's and we can see none of this will lead to anything for them. I'd say the Spurs hit the sweetspot where the tank landed the generational player, i'll disagree with the FO on doing absolutely nothing, i think they could've attempted to get Wemby some help and no you didn't have to trade future perennial all-stars Keldon Johnson and Devin Vassell to do that.
    What did you want the FO to do two days into free agency?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Mills under contract? What did he sign for?

Also, if the Spurs were to have put in an offer to Reaves before he went back to LA, could the 100M have been frontloaded?
    Patty had one year left at BKN for about $7 million. Houston traded for him but apparently it's a bigger trade.

Thread Information