Page 57 of 745 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 18607
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how much I buy the narrative that all Kawhi needs to do is BE in a bigger market to bigger endorsements. Don't you have to, you know, kind of have a personality to sell? Something to make you more recognizable than a jersey?

I think even if his uncle gets his way like that, it's going be to be underwhelming.
    He'll get more endorsements in a big market but he'll never be on the level of Lebron,Durant,Curry,Harden, and even CP3 when it comes to endorsements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn’t kyrie have interest in San Antonio before? The spurs just didn’t have assets to trade for him, I remember reading SA was one of his preferred destinations
    i would not assume he'd be interested in are building without kawhi, but what could be good is a trade that send kawhi to Boston, kyrie to NY, and porzy to SA.

3 team trades are great for scenarios in which the spurs are offered value that doesn't match their tastes and i don't think kyrie is worth it unless they think him and LMA are better than LMA murray.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his value decreased because kawhi and parker left and the spurs offense suffered. They also kept tying to make mills the main PG instead of 6th man. Mills is who he is, the problem is the lack of guard talent around him.
    Yeah, so Mills "underperformed" following his signing because the whole team was put in a situation that they never saw happening...so the criticism of that contract being a bad contract is really just criticizing the Spurs for not having perfect foresight. OTOH, if the team had given out the contract that seems more appropriate in hindsight, then Mills probably would have gone somewhere else and may have ended up performing better. Point is, criticizing the Spurs for the contract given out to Mills is not exactly fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I supposed to jerk off or wait?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Spurs twitter still keeping hope... #SilverandBlackTillHeIsnt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Spurs twitter still keeping hope... #SilverandBlackTillHeIsnt

no that's replacement karma, as in they've been there and can do it again. Also may be sending a message to the posse, "look who created you fool, it's father's day respect your daddy"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To all the people talking about “SA should have put more around” or “they needed to get Kawhi more talent” or “look at this Pau/Mills contracts” please stop.

SA landed one of the biggest FA scoops of the past 5 years, whether it worked out fully or not. They put a team around Kahwi that got to a Western Conference Finals. That same team damn near won 50 games without him this season even though they were in shock at what was going on with Kawhi. They beat HOU in HOU in the playoffs without Kawhi being there to get to a WCF.

Yes, they gave Pau/Mills bad deals, but HOU gave Ryan Anderson a worse one. Plenty of good teams have done that but unlike SA, they haven’t continued to win and don’t have a better path to flexibility or youth as SA.

Also, I find it really hypocritical that people bash SA not trying to put “more” around Kawhi but also bash things like the Pau deal. The Pau deal is a direct result of them taking their shot to land another huge star. So because it didn’t work out and they had to make a deal with Pau to even have the chance, we will disparage them?

Makes no sense. SA without high picks has landed other good talent starting with a legit all-star in LMA to pair with Kawhi. They took some swings at adding more while also rebuilding on the fly with youth (Murray, White, Kyle, Bertans). They got Rudy Gay, kept Danny Green and did many other great things while giving the team a shot at GS if some things broke their way all the while not being in salary cap like CLE whether they lose their star or not.

Even HOU is in an awful spot and they got just as far as SA has and SA as CURRENTLY constructed with a healthy and engaged Kawhi would have beat this HOU team that might not even get to stay together and HOU has no picks or youth to show for it either.
    I've been saying it this entire thread:

1. We sign him to the SM. Then the team has all leverage.

2. ing risk. We still throw SM in his face next Summer. Probably more to do with stature at that point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been saying it this entire thread:

1. We sign him to the SM. Then the team has all leverage.

2. ing risk. We still throw SM in his face next Summer. Probably more to do with stature at that point.
    I have heard now his camp wants the no trade clause with the Super Max which makes it a bad deal since they would be able to dictate where he gets traded to in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could this be the possible face to face meeting?

According to Antonio Daniels this is an old photo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally agree with you and I would take Bolden. I would love for them to somehow move that 10th pick into 8th pick somehow.
    I would prefer Parsekniks tbh. I would hope that Wendell Carter would be available at 10 but probably not. Spurs would probably look at a wing in that scenario with Fultz, Murray, and Saric being in place as potential long-term pieces, hopefully, Parseknicks maybe being a future starting 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA needs to fight during the next bargaining agreement for the ability to pay the average of the top five salaries for one season before a player can move on to free agency.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, that's an underwhelming trade. PATFO better be sticking Ainge up for the 2019 Memphis pick too.

Even if Philly offers up Fultz, Saric, Bayless( i'd hold out for Covington though), 10th pick, plus our choice of Bolden, Parsecniks, or the 26th pick- I think that is a better offer than Brown, Rozier, Marcus Morris plus the Sacramento 2019 1st (probably ends up being in the range of 4-8).
    If Philly offers that it is definitely stronger than the Boston offer. The only way Boston trumps it is to include Tatum and Brown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To all the people talking about “SA should have put more around” or “they needed to get Kawhi more talent” or “look at this Pau/Mills contracts” please stop.

SA landed one of the biggest FA scoops of the past 5 years, whether it worked out fully or not. They put a team around Kahwi that got to a Western Conference Finals. That same team damn near won 50 games without him this season even though they were in shock at what was going on with Kawhi. They beat HOU in HOU in the playoffs without Kawhi being there to get to a WCF.

Yes, they gave Pau/Mills bad deals, but HOU gave Ryan Anderson a worse one. Plenty of good teams have done that but unlike SA, they haven’t continued to win and don’t have a better path to flexibility or youth as SA.

Also, I find it really hypocritical that people bash SA not trying to put “more” around Kawhi but also bash things like the Pau deal. The Pau deal is a direct result of them taking their shot to land another huge star. So because it didn’t work out and they had to make a deal with Pau to even have the chance, we will disparage them?

Makes no sense. SA without high picks has landed other good talent starting with a legit all-star in LMA to pair with Kawhi. They took some swings at adding more while also rebuilding on the fly with youth (Murray, White, Kyle, Bertans). They got Rudy Gay, kept Danny Green and did many other great things while giving the team a shot at GS if some things broke their way all the while not being in salary cap like CLE whether they lose their star or not.

Even HOU is in an awful spot and they got just as far as SA has and SA as CURRENTLY constructed with a healthy and engaged Kawhi would have beat this HOU team that might not even get to stay together and HOU has no picks or youth to show for it either.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read over on hoopshype from the ever so reliable peter vescey that kawhi is not only building a home for himself here in San Antonio but also one for his mother. Take it for what you want. I’ll wait until I hear something from the actually people involved, not Jabari young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://larrybrownsports.com/basketba...-health/449879

"According to Tania Ganguli of the Los Angeles Times, both the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers have thus far declined to engage the Spurs in trade talks. That hesitancy stems from ongoing concerns about the health of his quad."

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"According to Tania Ganguli of the Los Angeles Times, both the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers have thus far declined to engage the Spurs in trade talks. That hesitancy stems from ongoing concerns about the health of his quad."
    Whoa plot twist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're just trying to drive the Spurs asking price down, don't fall for their bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans are very provincial and myopic in their view of "bad contracts" by the Spurs.

No credible NBA pundits think the Spurs have "bad deals" -- quite the opposite, the Spurs are considered bargain-hunters.

Take the time to look around the league -- 80-90% of NBA teams (even really good ones) have much worse contracts than Mills or Gasol. You could list them, team by team, contract by contract.

In fact, we are spoiled by a long line of bargain contracts that helped win les and raise the expectations of Spurs fans -- the Spurs are prisoners of their own success.
    Truth bombs being leveled. Spies fans are morons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably. And if not, gamesmanship to drive down the price. But probably bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Philly offers that it is definitely stronger than the Boston offer. The only way Boston trumps it is to include Tatum and Brown.
    No way they give up Tatum and Brown, no matter what Trump says .
    if they are willing to part with the Memphis and Kings 2019 picks plus Rozier, Brown and Morris then that is obviously a better deal with a former lottery pick and a top 7 pick (Kings) plus another that is probably going to fall into the 10-15 range (Grizzlies).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just say no to Fultz. Damaged goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA needs to fight during the next bargaining agreement for the ability to pay the average of the top five salaries for one season before a player can move on to free agency.
    No way players would agree to a franchise tag. The whole point of being a free agent is choosing where a player can play, that is the exact opposite of that. That and the hard cap aren't happening.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Morey can acquire picks anytime he wants, besides Morey drafts really well in the 2nd round and is good at finding unproven FA. Capela is no youth? Besides Rockets are not in a develop talent stage right now. As long as Paul and Harden are here its try to win now. Situations are not comparable. Pop retires and what happens to the Spurs if they have a couple of losing seasons in a row?

And no. I really don't want to hear what an engaged Kawhi would have done. He wasn't engaged and didn't do .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just say no to Fultz. Damaged goods
    He had shoulder surgery and couldn't shoot, afterwards. If he regains his form then he is the same player that posted 23.5 ppg, 6 rebs, and 6 asts and shot 47% and 40% from the floor and 3 in college and was taken #1 last year.

Thread Information