Page 57 of 402 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 10048
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say draft someone in the 6'7" or above range who can shoot a basketball and is a + athlete.
    No more culture fit types. We need more speed, length and shooting.

I'd ask myself, "Who would Presti pick?" and get those guys.
    Cody Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. The OKC team last night has little connection to his Big 3. He rebuilt quickly and then slowly. Quickly when he robbed the Clippers. Then slowly by adding talent through the draft and adding castoffs that fill the bench. Hard to critique the results.
    That team, minus SGA, isn’t much of a playoff threat. He drafts OK, but has his hard misses like Poku and Ouseman Dieng. He paid 3 FRPs for Dieng, which is also him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing's for sure, OKC is top in the West just as the era is coming to a close. They don't have any clear opposition that's emerging. Minnesota will have a small window, Dallas is probably toast already. It's hard to believe in NOP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? He has OKC at the top of the standings with a roster full of drafted players and more lottery picks to come.
    Subtract the non Presti drafted SGA, and where are they? Probably 8 spots lower in the WC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Subtract the non Presti drafted SGA, and where are they? Probably 8 spots lower in the WC.
    Why would I substract the Presti acquired by trade SGA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would I substract the Presti acquired by trade SGA?
    We’re talking Presti’s draft prowess. He didn’t draft SGA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re talking Presti’s draft prowess. He didn’t draft SGA.
    I was talking Presti as a GM, period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? He has OKC at the top of the standings with a roster full of drafted players and more lottery picks to come.
    I was talking Presti as a GM, period.
    Uh, OK. A roster full of drafted players, PLUS SGA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, OK. A roster full of drafted players, PLUS SGA.
    "And future lottery picks", that involves trade ability, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't really matter what semantic argument you want to make to slice the analysis a different way... Presti is a better GM than Brian Wright. Is this even a debate?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't really matter what semantic argument you want to make to slice the analysis a different way... Presti is a better GM than Brian Wright. Is this even a debate?
    Had we known RC was going to go upstairs for the money and get out of the weeds probably should have kicked him upstairs ten years early and given Presti the job.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say draft someone in the 6'7" or above range who can shoot a basketball and is a + athlete.
    No more culture fit types. We need more speed, length and shooting.

I'd ask myself, "Who would Presti pick?" and get those guys.
    I wouldn't get too hung up on size and athleticism. That's how you pick Jeryl Sasser over Tony Parker (lol Orlando). With that said Williams or Risacher is who I most want, but if the Spurs can't get a pick that high give me Dillingham or Sheppard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we keep this from the usual idiots fellating Presti and stick to prospects? Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we keep this from the usual idiots fellating Presti and stick to prospects? Thanks.
    It's always the same two homers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of today, I'm finding it hard to see anyone other than Risacher being the pick if they select in Top 3 (assuming he's still available).

Take a gamble on the PG later in that draft ( , Proctor or Carrington might there in the second round). Otherwise let Jones run the team another year, and be opportunistic with trades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And in that context: here's my current top 10

1. Zaccharie Risacher
    2. Alex Sarr
    3. Nikola Topic *
    4. Tidjane Salaun
    5. Cody Williams
    6. Matas Buzelis
    7. JaKobe Walter
    8. Robert Dillingham
    9. Stephen Castle
    10. Reed Shephard

*Topic may be to high, but that's where I had him pre-injury and I don't have enough Euro data to really update him. So consider his current evaluation incomplete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are the players that are drawing my attention.

Zaccharie Risacher - His sub-.700 free throw percentage worries me. The fact that his outside shot is historically not this good, or that we'd be paying top-line rookie scale to a probably role-player, but it is a position of need and there are no other players there.

Alexandre Sarr - I don't believe in him at #1 at all. Feels like a placeholder that's sticking for some reason. I'd be interested at, say, pick #10.

Nikola Topic - I don't really want a non-shooting, non-defending PG, but expect the team would take a look at him. High IQ player with size, playmaking ability, and a professional background in his family.

Ja'Kobe Walter - Not a position of need and he doesn't seem to pop off the charts, is like a slightly smaller, a bit less impactful Ben Mathurin (who exploded into the limelight in the Tournament).

Ron Holland - If the FO was interested in the Thompsons last year, pre-lottery, here's another super athletic guy, although it sounds like his feel for the game isn't as good as theirs. Can actually shoot, though.

Matas Buzelis - Man is his shooting stinky. If he can shoot, projects sort of as a Franz Wagner without the plus connection capabilities. Ignite is doing him scant favors which means he could be bought low(ish).

Cody Williams - Interesting, but someone pointed out his shooting was poor in FIBA last summer and he's taking only two a game. I don't have him ranked top lottery right now.

Reed Sheppard - I'm out on him right now. Very low usage rate, which suggests he may have trouble scaling up, and doesn't pass the eye test to me. Right now I see at most a good role-player, which is what he is now.

Rob Dillingham - Keep coming back to him, my favorite player to watch this year. Has issues with size and D, but he works hard and his stats/metrics are very good against or exceed recent Kentucky guards who have blown up in the NBA.

Stephon Castle - Currently out on him, at least in the high- to mid-lottery. Which is not to say I don't like him, just that he's a toolsy guy who doesn't excel at anything and is an awful shooter. We have a bigger one of those.

Tidjane Salaun - Not sure he'll get a mid-lottery grade or even lottery grade, but has a lot of raw strength and tools to make him super interesting as a value pick.

Kyle Filipowski - Warming to him considerably and will make my case for him. Can give what Poeltl gave with even better passing, much better shooting, slightly less shot-blocking. Impressed with him this year but fit is obviously the question.

Other than these, there are other players in lottery contention. Some of those, like Clingan and Collier, don't interest me much right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Zaccharie Risacher - His sub-.700 free throw percentage worries me. The fact that his outside shot is historically not this good, or that we'd be paying top-line rookie scale to a probably role-player, but it is a position of need and there are no other players there.

Alexandre Sarr - I don't believe in him at #1 at all. Feels like a placeholder that's sticking for some reason. I'd be interested at, say, pick #10.

Nikola Topic - I don't really want a non-shooting, non-defending PG, but expect the team would take a look at him. High IQ player with size, playmaking ability, and a professional background in his family.

Ja'Kobe Walter - Not a position of need and he doesn't seem to pop off the charts, is like a slightly smaller, a bit less impactful Ben Mathurin (who exploded into the limelight in the Tournament).

Ron Holland - If the FO was interested in the Thompsons last year, pre-lottery, here's another super athletic guy, although it sounds like his feel for the game isn't as good as theirs. Can actually shoot, though.

Matas Buzelis - Man is his shooting stinky. If he can shoot, projects sort of as a Franz Wagner without the plus connection capabilities. Ignite is doing him scant favors which means he could be bought low(ish).

Cody Williams - Interesting, but someone pointed out his shooting was poor in FIBA last summer and he's taking only two a game. I don't have him ranked top lottery right now.

Reed Sheppard - I'm out on him right now. Very low usage rate, which suggests he may have trouble scaling up, and doesn't pass the eye test to me. Right now I see at most a good role-player, which is what he is now.

Rob Dillingham - Keep coming back to him, my favorite player to watch this year. Has issues with size and D, but he works hard and his stats/metrics are very good against or exceed recent Kentucky guards who have blown up in the NBA.

Stephon Castle - Currently out on him, at least in the high- to mid-lottery. Which is not to say I don't like him, just that he's a toolsy guy who doesn't excel at anything and is an awful shooter. We have a bigger one of those.

Tidjane Salaun - Not sure he'll get a mid-lottery grade or even lottery grade, but has a lot of raw strength and tools to make him super interesting as a value pick.

Kyle Filipowski - Warming to him considerably and will make my case for him. Can give what Poeltl gave with even better passing, much better shooting, slightly less shot-blocking. Impressed with him this year but fit is obviously the question.

Other than these, there are other players in lottery contention. Some of those, like Clingan and Collier, don't interest me much right now.
    Salaun is the most intriguing prospect in this draft to me. Everyone else I've looked at so far, I've got a pretty good handle on their ceilings and most just aren't elite to me. Salaun is different, party because he's so freakin raw, but his ceiling, i believe, is the highest in this draft. I don't know if he can remotely reach it, but if you're only looking to use a specific pick on upside, then he's your guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would go all in on Dillingham, tbh. Of all the prospects, the only one with elite creation tools. Best case scenario, he becomes the PG we are needing. Lesser option but still useful: spark plug off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salaun is the most intriguing prospect in this draft to me. Everyone else I've looked at so far, I've got a pretty good handle on their ceilings and most just aren't elite to me. Salaun is different, party because he's so freakin raw, but his ceiling, i believe, is the highest in this draft. I don't know if he can remotely reach it, but if you're only looking to use a specific pick on upside, then he's your guy.
    I think Dilly has exceptional potential with elite handles, great quickness, and high scoring potential. He seems very coachable and even took Ivisic aside after a possession in the last game, a fellow freshman only now playing. He's much better than Tyrese Maxey was, for example.

His size is a limiting factor to a huge degree, but he's similar there to De'Aaron Fox, Sexton, and Garland. In today's NBA those guards, and many of them from UK, are exploding.

Question if the Spurs would actually look at him and whether the size forces him to come off the bench. But one of the sore needs of this team is scoring to keep up with other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think Filipowski has exceptional ability. Obviously the problem is his position, but I can see a Vucevic here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think Sarr goes #1 to any team but the Spurs based on the Victor effect. He's obviously not as talented as VW, but he's in the camp of the fluid "3/D Centers" that are all the rage right now. He would be great on WAS, but just you watch: DET is going to pick him despite having Duren already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sarr goes #1 to any team but the Spurs based on the Victor effect. He's obviously not as talented as VW, but he's in the camp of the fluid "3/D Centers" that are all the rage right now. He would be great on WAS, but just you watch: DET is going to pick him despite having Duren already.
    I would be ecstatic if anyone takes Sarr at one. I do think he has potential, just don't see anywhere close to a first pick here.

Back to Filipowski, here is the stat comparison with Vucevic and Poeltl coming of college at USC and Utah. At least in this regard very favorable other than using that pick on a nice to have.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...--jakob-poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his jump shot is imaginary imo. even if you want to project for improvement, his form isnt as clean as wemby's was, and his FT shooting has remained poor. i see him as a bigger Duren, which isnt bad by any stretch.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-26-2024 at 04:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Dilly has exceptional potential with elite handles, great quickness, and high scoring potential. He seems very coachable and even took Ivisic aside after a possession in the last game, a fellow freshman only now playing. He's much better than Tyrese Maxey was, for example.

His size is a limiting factor to a huge degree, but he's similar there to De'Aaron Fox, Sexton, and Garland. In today's NBA those guards, and many of them from UK, are exploding.

Question if the Spurs would actually look at him and whether the size forces him to come off the bench. But one of the sore needs of this team is scoring to keep up with other teams.
    Dillingham's skillset is exactly what this team is missing. Elite handles, speed and shooting, especially off the dribble. His size is not ideal, but he's the #1 PG option to me in this draft.

Thread Information