Page 58 of 210 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 5248
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    You can improve data, if you either add to an existing database, or become aware, after the fact, that there is some in-built distortion.

Do you have any shred of evidence that, in this case, the modifications were deliberately to produce some desired outcome?
    OK, you mean you can improve a data set.

The problem I have with the alarmists is they take the raw data and alter it. I see that as their method of improving it. I disagree. There is no way to know if it is being "improved" properly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The problem I have with the alarmists is they take the raw data and alter it. I see that as their method of improving it. I disagree. There is no way to know if it is being "improved" properly.
    Everything takes raw data and 'alters' it, ignorant . In the WC world, planes don't fly and we cannot use the internet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or you can just fake them like they have and make them support your theory.
    How would you know? The data sets are public record for NOAA, IPCC, BEST, etc. Your oilco think tanks have pored over them and the best you can get is apples and oranges comparisons from UAH and histrionics from your British think tanks that you keep posting.

In fact when the astrophysicists raised some legitimate questions concerning the solar cycle, they were all over it like flies on shot back in 2003. I thought it was compelling as it seemed to show that solar activity might be cause. It turns out exhaustively not to be the case but that was good science.

Something substantive can be brought forth if it was there and we both know that those you support have more than enough financial backing to produce whatever they need. That should tell you something that the best they can do is the that they mail you.

You probably think Alex Jones is credible as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you improve data? We have a given temperature set, say from 1940. How do you improve it in 2014? By altering it to read what you want it to read?
    You can improve data, if you either add to an existing database, or become aware, after the fact, that there is some in-built distortion.

Do you have any shred of evidence that, in this case, the modifications were deliberately to produce some desired outcome?

That didn't really answer my question.

Do you have any shred of evidence that, in this case, the modifications were deliberately done to produce some desired outcome?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antarctica sets new record for sea ice area

NOAA’s temperature control knob for the past, the present, and maybe the future – July 1936 now hottest month again →
    Antarctica sets new record for sea ice area
    Posted on June 29, 2014 by Anthony Watts

by Harold Ambler

The sea ice surrounding Antarctica, which, as I reported in my book, has been steadily increasing throughout the period of satellite measurement that began in 1979, has hit a new all-time record high for areal coverage.

The new record anomaly for Southern Hemisphere sea ice, the ice encircling the southernmost continent, is 2.074 million square kilometers and was posted for the first time by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s The Cryosphere Today early Sunday morning.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/06/2...-sea-ice-area/
    you posted this in this same thread a month ago. Are you going senile and just don't remember what you post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like to rattle your chain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same question. Provide some proof of motive for this conspiracy.

I noted that you didn't seem too plussed that the watts article essentially cherry-picked the data he wanted.

Do you think that ignoring most of the evidence in favor of just the small part of it that seems to support your theory is honest?
    Climate Change Hoax Exposed
    October 13, 2013 AFP

Censored portion of UN report leaked; says data exaggerated

By John Friend

Many scientists are extremely skeptical of the IPCC, its findings, and the very nature of the organization. Dr. Eric Karlstrom, Emeritus Professor of Geography at California State University – Stanislaus, argues that the IPCC has a political agenda promoted by international elites.

“The idea of a carbon footprint is pathetic and ludicrous propaganda, since CO2 is beneficial for life,” Dr. Karlstrom explained to AFP in an informal email exchange.

Dr. Karlstrom, who also manages a website, went on to explain the “global warming” hysteria, and it’s ultimate agenda:

“Global warming is phony science that was concocted to justify implementation of an international political agenda. The idea of using ‘man-caused global warming’ as a ‘surrogate for war’ and as a way to ‘destroy excess wealth’ originated in American and UN-related think tanks such as the Club of Rome back in the 60′s and 70′s. This pseudo-science is the centerpiece of a phony environmental movement by which the UN hopes to redistribute wealth in the world (toward the super-rich and away from the people) to de-industrialize the industrialized countries (via the UN Kyoto Protocol-type carbon taxes, cap and trade schemes, etc.), and radically reduce the human population.”

“The IPCC is essentially operating with pre-determined conclusions, namely that human activity and carbon emissions cause ‘global warming’ and other environmental and climate problems, even though there is little objective scientific evidence to demonstrate ‘global warming’ is in fact a real phenomenon,” Dr. Karlstrom says. Climate scientists working with the IPCC and other international bodies have been known to not only spin scientific data to fit their pre-determined conclusions, but also to outright fabricate “evidence” to support their idea of “man-made climate change.”

“Bottom line, they don’t want to share resources with the unwashed masses,” Dr. Karlstrom concludes. -

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=1324....GKtvgaGG.dpuf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Climate Change Hoax Exposed
    October 13, 2013 AFP

Censored portion of UN report leaked; says data exaggerated

By John Friend

Many scientists are extremely skeptical of the IPCC, its findings, and the very nature of the organization. Dr. Eric Karlstrom, Emeritus Professor of Geography at California State University – Stanislaus, argues that the IPCC has a political agenda promoted by international elites.

“The idea of a carbon footprint is pathetic and ludicrous propaganda, since CO2 is beneficial for life,” Dr. Karlstrom explained to AFP in an informal email exchange.

Dr. Karlstrom, who also manages a website, went on to explain the “global warming” hysteria, and it’s ultimate agenda:

“Global warming is phony science that was concocted to justify implementation of an international political agenda. The idea of using ‘man-caused global warming’ as a ‘surrogate for war’ and as a way to ‘destroy excess wealth’ originated in American and UN-related think tanks such as the Club of Rome back in the 60′s and 70′s. This pseudo-science is the centerpiece of a phony environmental movement by which the UN hopes to redistribute wealth in the world (toward the super-rich and away from the people) to de-industrialize the industrialized countries (via the UN Kyoto Protocol-type carbon taxes, cap and trade schemes, etc.), and radically reduce the human population.”

“The IPCC is essentially operating with pre-determined conclusions, namely that human activity and carbon emissions cause ‘global warming’ and other environmental and climate problems, even though there is little objective scientific evidence to demonstrate ‘global warming’ is in fact a real phenomenon,” Dr. Karlstrom says. Climate scientists working with the IPCC and other international bodies have been known to not only spin scientific data to fit their pre-determined conclusions, but also to outright fabricate “evidence” to support their idea of “man-made climate change.”

“Bottom line, they don’t want to share resources with the unwashed masses,” Dr. Karlstrom concludes. -

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=1324....GKtvgaGG.dpuf
    Which part of that is evidence? Be specific. Tell me what part of that article you think is evidence.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Which part of that is evidence? Be specific. Tell me what part of that article you think is evidence.
    You want Xray to be specific when you don't even understand the applicable sciences yourself? How would you know if he was right? I'll bet you would go to Skeptical Science blogs or Real Climate blogs for your reply.

As many times as I was specific about the climate sciences, you failed to understand. It's laughable, like when I explained to Fuzzy why 3 phase power was used. Did you understand that? I doubt it. I think Winehole understood it, but I don't think you did.
    Last edited by Wild Cobra; 07-03-2014 at 01:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want Xray to be specific when you don't even understand the applicable sciences yourself? How would you know if he was right? I'll bet you would go to Skeptical Science blogs or Real Climate blogs for your reply.

As many times as I was specific about the climate sciences, you failed to understand. It's laughable, like when I explained to Fuzzy why 3 phase power was used. Did you understand that? I doubt it. I think Winehole understood it, but I don't think you did.
    Do you want to revisit the flywheel thread, dimwit?

You still cannot get get torque out of 180 degree phase and 3 phase smooths the rotation as opposed to single phase's stop start. The same principles hold true in all AC power transmissions including over power lines. What is sad is you still did not get it. You think they are two separate issues despite working with electric motors and power.

You did not even understand the function of a flywheel. You did not even know the properties of a capacitor because you thought large capacitances were impossible until recently and that they were only for car audio. this is what told me you were a parts changer because you work with run capacitors rating in the pF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    LOL...

This is so ing funny. I'm glad I selected "view post." I have FuzzyDumbkins in IGNORE, so I didn't see this till a few minutes ago.

Do you want to revisit the flywheel thread, dimwit?
    Why? Do you not understand such a simple concept?

You still cannot get get torque out of 180 degree phase and 3 phase smooths the rotation as opposed to single phase's stop start. The same principles hold true in all AC power transmissions including over power lines. What is sad is you still did not get it. You think they are two separate issues despite working with electric motors and power.
    Bull . Just proves you don't understand.

What do you call a fan motor that plugs into a house AC outlet? Refrigerator? Dryer? Washer?

Do they have no torque?

And yes. It is the smooth rotational force that 3 phase offers, but you never understood the smoothing I was trying to explain to your sorry ass those years back. Not until I shamed you into silence with the graph I made.

Few single phase motors are made above 1/2 HP. The 60 hz vibration component gets greater and greater with increased power consumption. That's why three phase is used. For smooth and efficient power transfer. Not to make it go "roundy roundy." the more mechanical vibration and noise made because the power is not a smooth transfer to rotational, the less efficient.

You did not even understand the function of a flywheel. You did not even know the properties of a capacitor because you thought large capacitances were impossible until recently and that they were only for car audio. this is what told me you were a parts changer because you work with run capacitors rating in the pF.
    My God you are so ing dumb. I never said impossible. There you go lying again. You cannot accept that I revised my statement on capacitors, but I still proved you don't understand series parallel circuits.

As for a flywheel, Just because you say I don't understand the rotational kinetic energy, doesn't make it so. Sure, a flywheel will smooth the ac hum out of the rotation, but at a loss of efficiency of power transfer.

You are so ing laughably stupid...

this is what told me you were a parts changer because you work with run capacitors rating in the pF.
    Your chain gets yanked easily. Doesn't it...

Remember this:

You went pretty silent about three phase after I posted and explained it.

Just how badly did I shame you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...

This is so ing funny. I'm glad I selected "view post." I have FuzzyDumbkins in IGNORE, so I didn't see this till a few minutes ago.

Why? Do you not understand such a simple concept?

Bull . Just proves you don't understand.

What do you call a fan motor that plugs into a house AC outlet? Refrigerator? Dryer? Washer?

Do they have no torque?

And yes. It is the smooth rotational force that 3 phase offers, but you never understood the smoothing I was trying to explain to your sorry ass those years back. Not until I shamed you into silence with the graph I made.

Few single phase motors are made above 1/2 HP. The 60 hz vibration component gets greater and greater with increased power consumption. That's why three phase is used. For smooth and efficient power transfer. Not to make it go "roundy roundy." the more mechanical vibration and noise made because the power is not a smooth transfer to rotational, the less efficient.

My God you are so ing dumb. I never said impossible. There you go lying again. You cannot accept that I revised my statement on capacitors, but I still proved you don't understand series parallel circuits.

As for a flywheel, Just because you say I don't understand the rotational kinetic energy, doesn't make it so. Sure, a flywheel will smooth the ac hum out of the rotation, but at a loss of efficiency of power transfer.

You are so ing laughably stupid...

Your chain gets yanked easily. Doesn't it...

Remember this:

You went pretty silent about three phase after I posted and explained it.

Just how badly did I shame you?
    So literally repeating what I just said is supposed to be compelling?

You stated that flywheels do not store energy.

You said that capacitors were not that large and they only rated into the uF. I showed you a 1F cap and then you doubled down on the stupid by saying that caps that big were a recent phenomenon. At that point i explained to you how placing them in parallel increased capacitance and that they have been doing that for a century. Since that time you have tried this tactic of obfuscation. Nobody buys it.

I answered your question saying that it smoothed the stroke and you started going off about power transfer efficiency and going with this same tactic. I didn't ignore it. i just made of fun of you just like I do now. At that time you had no notion of motors and went on and on about power transmission never understanding that the issues were the same.

It is actually amusing watching you crow victory when its obvious that you do not understand the principles. Nice google on motors though, partschanger.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    So literally repeating what I just said is supposed to be compelling?
    Bait taken I see!

You stated that flywheels do not store energy.
    Liar.

You said that capacitors were not that large and they only rated into the uF. I showed you a 1F cap and then you doubled down on the stupid by saying that caps that big were a recent phenomenon. At that point i explained to you how placing them in parallel increased capacitance and that they have been doing that for a century. Since that time you have tried this tactic of obfuscation. Nobody buys it.
    I have stated I was wrong about how well the technology has come. Your feeble mind cannot seem to move on.

I answered your question saying that it smoothed the stroke and you started going off about power transfer efficiency and going with this same tactic. I didn't ignore it. i just made of fun of you just like I do now. At that time you had no notion of motors and went on and on about power transmission never understanding that the issues were the same.

It is actually amusing watching you crow victory when its obvious that you do not understand the principles. Nice google on motors though, partschanger.
    I see you have changed your mind, but are too much a pussy to admit it. At least I acknowledge I was wrong about a 1 farad capacitor being the size of a closet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was saying wind mills did not store rotational power like a Rotary UPS does. You misunderstood.

As for the rest of your dribble...

Show me a capacitor rated in farads. They are generally rated in micro-farads and below.

You show yourself unknowledgeable again. You make too many foolish assumptions.

As for voltage, 120/240 is nominal. It varies somewhat. How many times you going to expose your ass?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG...

You haven't a clue. I understand AC power, and have worked with rotary UPS. Those things do not store rotational power.

Question for you to prove you don't understand AC power.

Why is commercial power and power generation three phase?

Why not one phase, two, four, or even five phase?

can you answer that without looking it up?
    You have changed what you claim did not store rotational power several times now.

And like it is not lost on people that you are the one that claims he never said he doesn't like black people when you have a post saying that you don't like most black people. Call me a liar all you want but you are just sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WC ran away. I win.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    LOL...
    Such a fool.

I have admitted I was wrong about the farad capacitor, yet your tiny mind can't let go of your singly victory.

I was saying windmills don't store rotary power like the rotary UPS does. I never implied there was no kinetic energy at all. Just not enough to matter.

Take you fake win. You so easily delude yourself.

I'm going to go back to ignoring you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Global warming computer models confounded as Antarctic sea ice hits new record high with 2.1million square miles more than is usual for time of year

Ice is covering 16m sq km, more than 2.1m unusual for time of year
    UN computer models say Antarctic ice should be in decline, not increasing

By David Rose

...snip...

It’s fair to say that this has been something of an embarrassment for climate modellers. But it doesn’t stop there.

In recent days a new scandal over the integrity of temperature data has emerged, this time in America, where it has been revealed as much as 40 per cent of temperature data there are not real thermometer readings.

Many temperature stations have closed, but rather than stop recording data from these posts, the authorities have taken the remarkable step of ‘estimating’ temperatures based on the records of surrounding stations.

So vast swathes of the data are actually from ‘zombie’ stations that have long since disappeared.

This is bad enough, but it has also been discovered that the US’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is using estimates even when perfectly good raw data is available to it – and that it has adjusted historical records.

Why should it do this?

Many have noted that the effect of all these changes is to produce a warmer present and a colder past, with the net result being the impression of much faster warming. They draw their conclusions accordingly.

...snip...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz36h1MHcrI
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The observations must be wrong since 95% of the models disagree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It was a ing op-ed, dip . They didn't present any scientific evidence. That was kinda my point.

I understand the sciences passably enough, and you more than sufficiently enough to generally hold that your opinions are driven more by ego and confirmation bias than objective, evidence-based reality.

That you are foolish enough to start rambling without really looking at the links involved supports my assertion.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    It was a ing op-ed, dip . They didn't present any scientific evidence. That was kinda my point.

I understand the sciences passably enough, and you more than sufficiently enough to generally hold that your opinions are driven more by ego and confirmation bias than objective, evidence-based reality.

That you are foolish enough to start rambling without really looking at the links involved supports my assertion.
    Funny. I see you as the dip that uses confirmation bias.

Remember this:

Hey I find all of this highly fascinating. I had heard the thing about three phases before, but never quite understood why they did it that way until WC posted the graph, showing how it normalizes the power.
    When it comes to my arguments of technical matters, I am well above the average person. I forgot until I looked it up that you said what you did, and it was after LnGrrrR made a statement that gave me cause to elaborate. I very often forget I am talking above peoples understanding. I try to simplify things, but there is still so much lost, especially when I overestimate everyone elses understanding.

The biggest problem with so many of you assholes is you accuse rather than ask for elaboration. Maybe you can learn something if you ask, and listen instead of letting your ego get the better of you.

Fuzzy is the worse of you all. He is either genuinely obtuse and stupid, or a good troll. Either way, the likes of him should be banned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice now he is ing about me to you and trying to prop up his partschanging rep.

I just want to say that I was not even trying to create this tizzy he is in. He called me out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When someone calls you out and ends up putting you 'back to ignore' does that mean anything?

Thread Information