Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2258
    Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if all these pg potential players (fvv, Mills, kpj) could make Amen Thompson a little more available on trade talks... He was supposed to be the player our do was more interested in drafting if we didn't win the lottery... And if I had to make a big offer for the supposed second big time player for our future he's probably the only one worth it...
    Zero chance Houston would listen to any trade offer for Thompson. He's the crown jewel of their draft class. You're wasting your time thinking about it.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did you start supporting the tank so we could have Wembanyama? What FA moves would you suggest to make this team reach the playoffs?
    I think I started supporting the idea of tanking when the Spurs got blown out by Charlotte. So...about game number one?

I don't think the Spurs need to scramble to use up the salary cap for an imperfect player, particularly at the expense of a young player who might have developed over the summer when we haven't even seen summer league. I watched a lot of games. I think this roster has a chance to be pretty good with Victor. They are young and exciting and play really well together. I think they will learn to mesh with Wemby really quick. This team is gonna be fun from the word go.

Most of the people who want the FO to sign all these players don't think the existing roster are capable of making the play-in with Wemby. If that's the case, then what would Damien Lillard do for the team? The way other teams are shaking up their rosters means good prospects are being cast off and useful players are falling through the cracks. Now its just a matter of getting an idea of what the team lacks. In my opinion at this point, the team should be on the lookout for a vet who can become a locker room leader and mentor. Think Mario Elie.

I'm unsure how stating that your summer goal is not to make an expensive mistake and then immediately going back on that by offering 120 million dollars to the white Jerome James (yeah I went there) builds trust with Victor that they are stable and worthy of his long-term commitment.

In a perfect world, the guys that the spurs spent last year developing are all coming back with improvements in their game and an understanding that they have a real shot of making the rotation with a superstar. The Spurs will also be ready to upgrade with someone who shows out in summer league or gets cut when final rosters are set. And maybe another opportunity comes up to facilitate a trade that ends up bagging a player who they actually want, who actually fills a need.

Don't get me wrong, I've debated on whether most of these might or might not be good ideas, but a lot of you are convinced that activity equals progress. Aggie did a great job above of explaining why that isnt the case. Guys need to quit looking for Spurs moves on the ESPN crawler as a sign that the team is improving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I started supporting the idea of tanking when the Spurs got blown out by Charlotte. So...about game number one?

I don't think the Spurs need to scramble to use up the salary cap for an imperfect player, particularly at the expense of a young player who might have developed over the summer when we haven't even seen summer league. I watched a lot of games. I think this roster has a chance to be pretty good with Victor. They are young and exciting and play really well together. I think they will learn to mesh with Wemby really quick. This team is gonna be fun from the word go.

Most of the people who want the FO to sign all these players don't think the existing roster are capable of making the play-in with Wemby. If that's the case, then what would Damien Lillard do for the team? The way other teams are shaking up their rosters means good prospects are being cast off and useful players are falling through the cracks. Now its just a matter of getting an idea of what the team lacks. In my opinion at this point, the team should be on the lookout for a vet who can become a locker room leader and mentor. Think Mario Elie.

I'm unsure how stating that your summer goal is not to make an expensive mistake and then immediately going back on that by offering 120 million dollars to the white Jerome James (yeah I went there) builds trust with Victor that they are stable and worthy of his long-term commitment.

In a perfect world, the guys that the spurs spent last year developing are all coming back with improvements in their game and an understanding that they have a real shot of making the rotation with a superstar. The Spurs will also be ready to upgrade with someone who shows out in summer league or gets cut when final rosters are set. And maybe another opportunity comes up to facilitate a trade that ends up bagging a player who they actually want, who actually fills a need.

Don't get me wrong, I've debated on whether most of these might or might not be good ideas, but a lot of you are convinced that activity equals progress. Aggie did a great job above of explaining why that isnt the case. Guys need to quit looking for Spurs moves on the ESPN crawler as a sign that the team is improving.
    If they stay healthier and wemby doesn't get load managed this team is exciting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah's Jordan Clarkson, Klutch Sports CEO Rich Paul and agent Brandon Cavanaugh are finalizing a three-year, $55 million contract renegotiation and extension with the Jazz, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Deal includes next season and two new years through 2025-26.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know you could renegotiate contracts? How long has this been going on? Already seen it happen a few times this past day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know you could renegotiate contracts? How long has this been going on? Already seen it happen a few times this past day.
    You can if the original contract was at least 4 years in length and you have reached year 4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been reading a lot the past few days and I find it hard to understand why we absolutely HAVE to sign Austin Reaves (with the Lakers repeatedly saying they'll match whatever offer sheet they see) or Brook Lopez (who I really liked but seems to be happy to stay with the Bucks either way), or whoever else that appears shiny and new, or else we failed this off-season. There's value in waiting. If we still suck in a year, that's okay. We will at least see who develops and meshes well with our franchise player, and hopefully use our draft picks to get complementary pieces along the way. I mean, this isn't the last ever offseason where we can have cap space.

Staying flexible when everything is nebulous has its merits, since most of our core are young and improving anyway. This isn't the spurs of the late 2000s where every year the team gets older and gets worse with no hope for significant internal improvement. We have to be patient and we have to remain flexible.
    Last edited by XenoThirteen; 07-02-2023 at 09:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    top left free agents rank:
    1. Grant Williams
    2. Miles Bridges
    3. Christian Wood
    4. Kelly Oubre Jr.
    5. Matisse Thybulle
    6. Paul Reed
    7. PJ Washington
    8. Lonnie Walker IV
    9. Jaylen Nowell
    10. Ayo Dosunmu
    11. Mason Plumlee
    12. Eric Gordon
    13. Malik Beasley
    14. Darius Bazley
    15. Dario Saric
    16. Torrey Craig
    17. Terence Davis
    18. Trendon Watford
    19. JaMychal Green
    20. Justise Winslow
    21. Bismack Biyombo
    22. Cody Zeller
    23. Kendrick Nunn
    24. Anthony Lamb
    25. TJ Warren
    26. Terrence Ross
    27. Aaron Holiday
    28. Mo Bamba
    29. Juan Tuscano-Anderson
    30. Derrick Jones Jr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really going Charlotte finds a way to keep bridges

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been reading a lot the past few days and I find it hard to understand why we absolutely HAVE to sign Austin Reaves (with the Lakers repeatedly saying they'll match whatever offer sheet they see) or Brook Lopez (who I really liked but seems to be happy to stay with the Bucks either way), or whoever else that appears shiny and new, or else we failed this off-season. There's value in waiting. If we still suck in a year, that's okay. We will at least see who develops and meshes well with our franchise player, and hopefully use our draft picks to get complementary pieces along the way. I mean, this isn't the last ever offseason where we can have cap space.

Staying flexible when everything is nebulous has its merits, since most of our core are young and improving anyway. This isn't the spurs of the late 2000s where every year the team gets older and gets worse with no hope for significant internal improvement. We have to be patient and we have to remain flexible.
    Right.

First, Brook Lopez was highly, highly unlikely to leave Milwaukee, which is a perfect place for him. Second, the Lakers were never letting Austin Reaves go. They made it very clear.

After those, the FA had a lot of meh. Very expensive pieces (mostly to Houston) and then bric-a-brac. Spurs have like 10 players who are quite young and each is developing. The team stated they don't want to make mistakes and want to see what they had.

Some here wanted various PGs or others, which makes sense. We could use upgrades here or there. But a Monte Morris is not so much better than what we have that sewing up long-term (i.e. more than one year) money and other capital on him doesn't make sense, because what happens when you can really upgrade the position? You'd have to get rid of a player you just splurged on (a little) by using further assets.

Sometimes it's better to keep your powder dry. Don't have to spend money everytime you go to the mall. Especially when the shelves are mostly bare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    top left free agents rank:
    1. Grant Williams
    2. Miles Bridges
    3. Christian Wood
    4. Kelly Oubre Jr.
    5. Matisse Thybulle
    6. Paul Reed
    7. PJ Washington
    8. Lonnie Walker IV
    9. Jaylen Nowell
    10. Ayo Dosunmu
    11. Mason Plumlee
    12. Eric Gordon
    13. Malik Beasley
    14. Darius Bazley
    15. Dario Saric
    16. Torrey Craig
    17. Terence Davis
    18. Trendon Watford
    19. JaMychal Green
    20. Justise Winslow
    21. Bismack Biyombo
    22. Cody Zeller
    23. Kendrick Nunn
    24. Anthony Lamb
    25. TJ Warren
    26. Terrence Ross
    27. Aaron Holiday
    28. Mo Bamba
    29. Juan Tuscano-Anderson
    30. Derrick Jones Jr.
    Wow, the Romeo Langford disrespect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Miss Cleo must be heartbroken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I see which posters are unhappy with the draft and free agency, I am that much more sure the Spurs are doing the right thing.
    Also, as I saw on twitter, did you know that of the ~180 free agents coming into this year's market, the Spurs evidently offered none a contract.

Reminder 1:
    we were a 22 win team and 3rd worst team in basketball last year.

Reminder 2:
    we were the worst defensive basketball team ever (like in the history of the NBA, LOL)

Reminder 3:
    we literally were millions below the salary floor. And even after resigning all but 1 of our guys, remained UNDER it.

Reminder 4:
    we had the most salary cap space in the NBA and could have quite easily offered a contract that didn't damage long term cap considerations. See Jeff Greens contract and how he could have helped defensively.

So with all due respect, your take about seeing people be upset we did NOTHING and being buoyed about being right that we did nothing, is based on nothing but homerism.

One last point, I saw in your other reply to me I wanted to highlight, that you didn't start supporting the tank until game 1 of this last year. I was supporting tanking going into the year before. In retrospect, I was wrong in chastizing those that had been calling for it sooner, and STILL off by probably two years. So maybe have a bit of humility about our direction, and sit this one out about who is tapped into the proper direction. There's zero reason we should not have tried to improve this team with a FA signing. ZERO.

Hey but we got a 2nd round pick for absorbing contracts. And got cosmic luck and tapped into our 14% shot at Wembanyama.

Otherwise, we'd be looking at a 22 win team, a second rounders, and Amen Thompson. Yeah, buddy.
    Last edited by offset formation; 07-02-2023 at 10:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eurohoops @Eurohoopsnet
    13s
    Portland reportedly expected to include Jusuf Nurkic in Damian Lillard trade talks #NBA #NBAFreeAgency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eurohoops @Eurohoopsnet
    13s
    Portland reportedly expected to include Jusuf Nurkic in Damian Lillard trade talks #NBA #NBAFreeAgency

"Wonder if we can get rid of this guy, too." "Maybe nobody will realize this is a salary dump."

On paper Nurkic isn't bad, but he's injury prone and his contract runs way too long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, as I saw on twitter, did you know that of the ~180 free agents coming into this year's market, the Spurs evidently offered none a contract.

Reminder 1:

Reminder 2:
    we were the worst defensive basketball team ever (like in the history of the NBA, LOL)

So with all due respect, your take about seeing people be upset we did NOTHING and being buoyed about being right that we did nothing, is based on nothing but homerism.

One last point, I saw in your other reply to me I wanted to highlight, that you didn't start supporting the tank until game 1 of this last year. I was supporting tanking going into the year before. In retrospect, I was wrong in chastizing those that had been calling for it sooner, and STILL off by probably two years. So maybe have a bit of humility about our direction, and sit this one out about who is tapped into the proper direction. There's zero reason we should not have tried to improve this team with a FA signing. ZERO.

Hey but we got a 2nd round pick for absorbing contracts. And got cosmic luck and tapped into our 14% shot at Wembanyama.

Otherwise, we'd be looking at a 22 win team, a second rounders, and Amen Thompson. Yeah, buddy.
    Its true! Sours lucked out on wemby and essentially ran it back

Believe.
    Post Count
    Here's what I expect to go down.

I think inevitably the Nets will offer the best package for Lillard.

They just have the most quality assets to give at the end of the day.

They will need to include Spencer Dinwiddie and his 20 million dollar expiring contract in the deal.

We have just enough cap space left to absorb it whole. We will be the third team to help facilitate this trade. We will get Dinwiddie who will be our starting point guard and maybe an asset or two if we are fortunate.

I really like Dinwiddie for this team and love this idea. Hope it happens!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They will need to include Spencer Dinwiddie and his 20 million dollar expiring contract in the deal.

We have just enough cap space left to absorb it whole. We will be the third team to help facilitate this trade. We will get Dinwiddie who will be our starting point guard and maybe an asset or two if we are fortunate.

That could very well play out...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reminder 1:

Reminder 2:

Reminder 3:
    we literally were millions below the salary floor. And even after resigning all but 1 of our guys, remained UNDER it.

Reminder 4:
    we had the most salary cap space in the NBA and could have quite easily offered a contract that didn't damage long term cap considerations. See Jeff Greens contract and how he could have helped defensively.

LMAO I'm sorry but all I got out of that is that you think Jeff Green somehow was a huge whiff for a team you think is going to be in the lottery next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think he actually lives in SA. Would be quite a fortuitous turn of events and could conceivably still bail out PATFO's really odd free agency intransigence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO I'm sorry but all I got out of that is that you think Jeff Green somehow was a huge whiff for a team you think is going to be in the lottery next year.
    Yeah, I'm shocked that's your take. Fits nicely with your other takes

Jeff Green was a key contributor in Denvera's le run.

BTW, Do you even watch the games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You couldn't be more wrong. In fact, it's your take of being upset that is based on nothing but contrarianism.

The Spurs didn't do nothing with regards to last years' team -- they added a franchise superstar-level player to the roster. You remember that actually happened between last season and this one, right? Then why cite last years' teams' stats and winrate, as if the Spurs were going to "run it back"? The team has suffered a monumental transformation between last season and this one, whether you manage to understand it yet or not.

In retrospect, I was wrong in chastizing those that had been calling for it sooner, and STILL off by probably two years. So maybe have a bit of humility about our direction, and sit this one out about who is tapped into the proper direction.
    It's ironic that you recognize having been wrong in chastizing others, while chastizing others . And yet this also isn't the truth you seem to think: had the Spurs tanked when you wanted to, they would've been prevented from being in a position to land Wemby. The Spurs tanked when they deemed it convenient to tank, and that's a fact, above any narrative. They literally chose the opposite path, repeatedly, until an enticing enough prospect swayed them into going for it. And they got it, which I still can't believe, the crazy s.

There's zero reason we should not have tried to improve this team with a FA signing. ZERO.
    Why do you spill this bull , as if we don't have a nose? Here's a quick and easy one: the monumental change to the core of the Spurs team that landing Wemby created, has generated uncertainty on the team's current needs and personnel problems, and it is unwise to commit money to players based on a team that doesn't exist anymore.

Not so hard that even you can't wrap your head around it, now is it?

The last, but not least, of your terrible understanding takes: the completely baseless assumption that the Spurs would have navigated this FA market in the same manner had they not gotten the generational prospect. You can't be this dumb - so why triple down on trying to prove it? Just curious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want that selfish chucker Dinwiddie, who'd be gunning more than ever on a team without an established go-to scorer, in a contract season, at 30, with two torn ACL's in his rearview mirror.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You couldn't be more wrong. In fact, it's your take of being upset that is based on nothing but contrarianism.

The Spurs didn't do nothing with regards to last years' team -- they added a franchise superstar-level player to the roster. You remember that actually happened between last season and this one, right? Then why cite last years' teams' stats and winrate, as if the Spurs were going to "run it back"? The team has suffered a monumental transformation between last season and this one, whether you manage to understand it yet or not.

It's ironic that you recognize having been wrong in chastizing others, while chastizing others . And yet this also isn't the truth you seem to think: had the Spurs tanked when you wanted to, they would've been pprevented from being in a position to land Wemby. The Spurs tanked when they deemed it convenient to tank, and that's a fact, above any narrative. They literally chose the opposite path, for years, until an enticing enough prospect swayed them into going for it. And they got it, which I still can't believe, the crazy s.

Why do you spill this bull , as if we don't have a nose? Here's a quick and easy one: the monumental change to the core of the Spurs team that landing Wemby created, has generated uncertainty on the team's current needs and personnel problems, and it is unwise to commit money to players based on a team that doesn't exist anymore.

Not so hard that even you can't wrap your head around it, now is it?

The last, but not least, of your terrible understanding takes: the completely baseless assumption that the Spurs would have navigated this FA market in the same manner had they not gotten the generational prospect. You can't be this dumb - so why triple down on trying to prove it? Just curious.

Lol, you've literally been wrong about everything you ever take issue with in my posts. Not to mention you evidently let me get under your skin at some point in the past and wait like a dog on a leash to jump on my posts. on off now Sugus.

Imagine basing your future on waiting to see if you're an awesome team yet because you cadhed in a 14% miracle when very talented players sit in free agency and for whom none were offered contracts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these takes of Spurs not getting a single FA are really annoying because whenever we ask you who should've been signed, you simply don't reply.

Reaves and Brook were obviously staying with their teams, everyone else got overpaid. It would be nice to get McDaniels, but that's about it.
    The only thing Spurs missed on is forcing Lakers to waste some money.

And those worst team ever takes just show you didn't even watch games. We're lucky noone cared about the Spurs, last season was one of the most disgusting tankjobs ever.
    Hunting DNP matchups and sitting players who based on who's the opponent's best player. No chance we get top3 odds without all those DNPs and trading away players mid-season.

If you were in charge, Spurs would end up as a treadmill team and Wemby would have a supporting cast on par with Luka in Dallas.

Thread Information