Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Brilliant. Just cut the guy. Makes sense on a ty team to cut a guy who had a career high but was a part of ty things on a ty team.

Just cut him. No compensation.

Beautiful business sense.

Future GM.

Just cut him. Send a message.
    Don't feed the monkeys. The kid had a great game. A turnover is a turnover, and the coach obviously didn't give 2 s.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Another winnable game blown by bad coaching. Feel bad for the players tonight.
    He'll call a timeout if the other team goes on a 5-0 run in the 1st but plays Bobby Fischer in the 4th, sacrificing the queen. Only Pop loses.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The second to last possession was bad coaching.
    You have a young team, tied game with the ball and 23 seconds left.
    Call the TO and draw up a play to run out the clock and get the last shot.
    Instead we see confusion in the floor that leads to a turnover and the loss.
    So much this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda expected a loss. Mike Brown is a good coach and Kings are good enough to capitalize

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins backpeddling away from a pass in crunch time instead of running towards the ball…

just brilliant!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins backpeddling away from a pass in crunch time instead of running towards the ball…

just brilliant!
    dont matter,Branham should of read it that it was dangerous pass.Low iq on his part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fun game ... ty loss ... thats how we like it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks to lose the way we did, but very happy with the Spurs tonight. Malaki and Blake played some really good minutes, Vassell was aggressive, Keldon and Collins weren’t awful, Sochan had a decent game outside of missing 3-4 easy buckets. Ending was awful, but probably a blessing in disguise if we want to finish in the bottom 3.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham has been making low iq passes like that all year. The real question is why was he the one handling the ball? He shouldn’t have been in that position to begin with. He was bound to up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year called, they want their excitement to tank back.
    Bro that was a complete 20 point comeback away game from a wemby less spurs against a credible SAC team

Literally best possible outcome. I don't mind a few wins as we have a 3 game ceiling on CHA and could maybe afford the win but it makes me think no one looks at the standings or understands the purpose of this season.

You are going to cost yourself a potential Risacher or Dilly for a meaningless win in SAC lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No sympathy for the product the Spurs have put out there, they want to tank again with a poor product that's on them and maybe Pop should get back to coaching this team before the game and not being shocked that they don't know what they're doing during the game.
    Go take another hit dude or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake and Bran.

Jesus the progress is starting to really show. Still early in their timeline and I could see more struggles ahead but this is the proof of concept we needed to see

Really impressive. Zollins was pretty solid tonight too

Believe.
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The Spurs have more talent than people realize or give them credit for. My goodness, you all are about to be dominating the west all over again very soon lmao sheesh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks to lose the way we did, but very happy with the Spurs tonight. Malaki and Blake played some really good minutes, Vassell was aggressive, Keldon and Collins weren’t awful, Sochan had a decent game outside of missing 3-4 easy buckets. Ending was awful, but probably a blessing in disguise if we want to finish in the bottom 3.
    Yup, so we can another add two rookies to this bottom team who will take years to develop (or not), having to find playing time to give them with all the growing pains it involves (not everyone is Wemby), keeping SA in the very bottom for a third consecutive year... Then realizing you've suddenly became the Detroit Pistons.

Don't get me wrong, at this point, they should probably tank...They actually don't have to, just go out there and play, that'll do the job naturally... But if adding picks is all they do, man next year is gonna be another mess...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make the mistakes now and learn while the stakes are low. A loss is ok but the learning is the better part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually surprised this game went to the wire with Wemby out, which is a good job by the other scrubs on this roster against a playoff team. I'm glad Pop is taking full accountability for not calling a time out at the end. Starts at 0:50 min

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have more talent than people realize or give them credit for. My goodness, you all are about to be dominating the west all over again very soon lmao sheesh
    This. Tonight’s game showed the development of Blake and Malaki right before our eyes. Sure it was a costly turnover at the end, but again you want them on those situations and learn from mistakes. Tough loss but I’m so happy on how this young team fought back down big and kept on fighting. 39 assists with 12 TO’s, great ratio, too bad the last two were costly. But it was more inexperienced to learn from. Some nights they are going to make more mistakes and turn the ball over, because of the young inexperienced team, but this team is continually moving the ball, it’s just a matter of limiting the TO’s like tonight. And as mentioned earlier the thread, they are moving the ball better without Wemby. It’s important for Wemby to integrate himself within that motion offense, instead of pushing the issue too much. The ball will find the open man, creating easier shots, including for Wemby. While a more dominant and stronger Wemby would demand ISO’s. Still, the importance of moving the ball as we saw tonight vs heavy iso’s. Great stuff.
    Last edited by John B; 03-08-2024 at 05:24 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Tonight’s game showed the development of Blake and Malaki right before our eyes. Sure it was a costly turnover at the end, but again you want them on those situations and learn from mistakes. Tough loss but I’m so happy on how this young team fought back down big and kept on fighting. 39 assists with 12 TO’s, great ratio, too bad the last two were costly. But it was more inexperienced to learn from. Some nights they are going to make more mistakes and turn the ball over, because of the young inexperienced team, but this team is continually moving the ball, it’s just a matter of limiting the TO’s like tonight. And as mentioned earlier the thread, they are moving the ball better without Wemby. It’s important for Wemby to integrate himself within that motion offense, instead of pushing the issue too much. The ball will find the open man, creating easier shots, including for Wemby. While a more dominant and stronger Wemby would demand ISO’s. Still, the importance of moving the ball as we saw tonight vs heavy iso’s. Great stuff.

WTF am I reading…

So now it’s Victor who has to integrate himself??

Not only it’s the other way around but it’s impossible to have the same type of game with him.

First the less talent u have the more u have to rely on mobility and ball movement, then Victor is 7’5 and you’ll exhaust him at running all around, he’s already setting up screens all the time.

This isn’t 2014, the model to follow is closer to the nuggets's with Victor having Jokic's role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF am I reading…

So now it’s Victor who has to integrate himself??

Not only it’s the other way around but it’s impossible to have the same type of game with him.

First the less talent u have the more u have to rely on mobility and ball movement, then Victor is 7’5 and you’ll exhaust him at running all around, he’s already setting up screens all the time.

This isn’t 2014, the model to follow is closer to the nuggets's with Victor having Jokic's role
    Read. I said the more dominant and stronger Wemby will demand ISO’s. Wemby may be dominant now but still very weak and easily get stripped. Also notice how the ball moves better last night with the ball not stopping at Wemby. There need to be a balance of motion offense and isolation, otherwise it’s the 4 Lakers watching LeBron chucking shots and painfully missing. Wemby is not strong enough yet to mimic the Nuggets offense, maybe in 2-3 years. He’s easily pushed out of position. Wemby will be there, but as of now he’s not. We are not getting a 21 years old NBA strong Timmy who could post and back his defender at day 1. Wemby is different built at 7’4. It’s easy to say, “pass the ball to Wemby.” On mis-matches, when he’s close to the rim, ally-ops yes. Wemby is a great passer, he can find people when they cut hard and his defender(s) will have to worry also about and leaving more room to wiggle. It’s not difficult to understand the Spurs motion offense trying to adapt Wemby’s style. And this season is about just that, “playing together”, finding the best combinations of offense.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki hasn't developed. He's a low BBIQ chucker who had a good night. Damn some of y'all are some blind ass homers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This loss officially makes the Spurs the 1st team eliminated from the playoffs. The Spurs are #1 again!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF am I reading…

The other poster wrote a little fan fiction. Lol. Not to be taken seriously. People need their fantasies.

It was a perfect trap game for the Spurs to win. The Kings came off a big win over L.A. the day before, and they knew the Spurs were without Wemby. The Kings were flat, not well motivated.

Then, the Spurs shot uncharacteristically well. 12% better than their season average from 3, and they hit 100% of 21 free throws.

A halfway decent team would have won that game by double digits. For the Spurs it was only a different twist on the same old story, the story of a losing team with a losing culture. That game changes nothing about the Spurs needing better players, and better coaching. In fact, it emphasizes that exact point. The team is not good enough.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ty loss but this is a billion times better than getting blown out by the 2nd quarter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a perfect tank game tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The win didn’t matter as much as the game experience/situational development ( teachable moments ). This was an ideal display of the importance to detail and mental toughness. Branham is NOT ass and will be a productive piece in the future , he’s twenty lol….. give him time and reap the rewards! Make the mistakes now….

Thread Information