Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, "The Glove" was a really cool nickname, "The Klaw" or "The Claw" is just as good. Not sure why people make up inspired stuff like "Sugar K".
    "The Glove" sucks as much as "The Klaw". Just that Gary Payton embraced it and liked it. Kawhi on the other hand (no pun) doesn't like Klaw/Claw/Hand or whatvs that has to do with extremities.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBeta? And this is from someone with Big in their name talking about alleged alt accounts that registered the same day? Could you be anymore of a tryhard got

Kawhi isn't even a stain on LeBron's old boxers and if he were on those heat teams 2013-2014 instead of LeBron then they don't even get past the 2nd round of the playoffs. btw i don't hate him or anything as i'm not part of the player fanboy disputes and recognize him as a ceiling of the 2nd best player on a stacked/deep le team, or 3rd best player on a more shallow le team. Someone though has to interrupt the spurclejerk when things like kingslayer or durant's equal get tossed around
    Right you dont hate him or anything you just completely dog on the guy every chance you get smh. Take kawhi off the spurs that season and those playoffs we are not even in the finals, kawhi is easily one of the main reasons we even matched up well with that heat team. Not a player fanboy but all over cams junk. Almost as bad as another clown on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the guys with "Sugar" as their nickname are in boxing. A different sport,
    True, but so what? it is an honor not because of the sport, but because of the men to whom it refers.

plus why copy an already established name for someone else?
    It is not a copy but an homage, and not to a sport, but to some iconic men of sport. (Aside to ceperez: I suspect Shaq did know of the precedents he was building on. I don't really care for the guy, but Shaq is smarter and more knowledgeable than you may think.

He should have his own original nickname or nothing at all.
    Count me with the Nothing at All crowd. (I was just explaining the etymology of the "Sugar K" moniker to somebody who didn't appear to grasp it.) The very fact that a bunch of us fans are arguing about what his nickname should be on this forum is proof that any nickname is not very good. "Kawhi" will surely stand the test of time much better.

Everybody who saw him play remembers Gary Payton, but "The Glove" - not so much...
    Last edited by sasaint; 07-24-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhiet Riot

In Bud We Trust SquawkinHawkBigCock's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    LeBeta? And this is from someone with Big in their name talking about alleged alt accounts that registered the same day? Could you be anymore of a tryhard got

Kawhi isn't even a stain on LeBron's old boxers and if he were on those heat teams 2013-2014 instead of LeBron then they don't even get past the 2nd round of the playoffs. btw i don't hate him or anything as i'm not part of the player fanboy disputes and recognize him as a ceiling of the 2nd best player on a stacked/deep le team, or 3rd best player on a more shallow le team. Someone though has to interrupt the spurclejerk when things like kingslayer or durant's equal get tossed around
    None of this changes the fact Kawhi put it to LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi came up with it. He then passed the idea to the branding team at Jordan, they polished it, KL agreed to the changes made and that's it.

One thing is acknowledging your hand as your logo but being nicknamed as something as The Klaw, Claw or Hand is ugly.

Is like nicknaming MJ as "The Spreader" or "The Leg Spreader" after his Flight logo.
    The logo is legit, the hand/claw names aren't. Why are people too dense to realize this?

THIS. In a few years, everybody will know "Kawhi", if they don't already. Guys calling the game won't even need to say his last name.
    The only thing I worry about is the new parents during the "Kawhi era". There's going to a lot of Kawhi Martinez's and Kawhi Garcia's growing up in San Antonio.

Yeah, "The Glove" was a really cool nickname, "The Klaw" or "The Claw" is just as good. Not sure why people make up inspired stuff like "Sugar K".
    Not sure why some people (you), are too dense to understand this...

"The Glove" sucks as much as "The Klaw". Just that Gary Payton embraced it and liked it. Kawhi on the other hand (no pun) doesn't like Klaw/Claw/Hand or whatvs that has to do with extremities.
    after it's been said a million times on this forum, amongst Spurs fans that pay attention, and by Kawhi Leonard himself, all from day one... That the "claw/hand" sucks and is borderline offensive to him.

lol, nice trolling . Nobody's dumb enough to actually believe this. It's doesn't even make sense either. 2nd best on a stacked team, but only 3rd best on one that's not? 1/10

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i put this together real quick:

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    the color was bothering me:

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count

lol, nice trolling . Nobody's dumb enough to actually believe this. It's doesn't even make sense either. 2nd best on a stacked team, but only 3rd best on one that's not? 1/10
    It doesn't make sense? I'm not here to break it down if you're too pea-brained to understand it. On a stacked team with legit depth 1-12 and super role players like Tiago Splitter and Danny Green and Patty Mills, etc, Kawhi as your 2nd best player is good enough to win a le. On a team where there's a huge fall off after the 5th or 6th guy and you are starting the likes of Dellavescruba, Tristan Thompson, and playing James Jones major minutes, for instance, Kawhi as your 2nd best player isn't nearly good enough to win a le. And that's fine. But that bit of truth makes names like kingslayer sound really gay in context

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't make sense? I'm not here to break it down if you're too pea-brained to understand it. On a stacked team with legit depth 1-12 and super role players like Tiago Splitter and Danny Green and Patty Mills, etc, Kawhi as your 2nd best player is good enough to win a le. On a team where there's a huge fall off after the 5th or 6th guy and you are starting the likes of Dellavescruba, Tristan Thompson, and playing James Jones major minutes, for instance, Kawhi as your 2nd best player isn't nearly good enough to win a le. And that's fine. But that bit of truth makes names like kingslayer sound really gay in context
    "Im not here to break it down, but let me break it down..."

I see what you're trying to say, misinterpreted it cause you type like . It's still a take tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THIS. In a few years, everybody will know "Kawhi", if they don't already. Guys calling the game won't even need to say his last name.
    The only thing I worry about is the new parents during the "Kawhi era". There's going to a lot of Kawhi Martinez's and Kawhi Garcia's growing up in San Antonio.

But we should also be worried about his influence on kids.
    When we picked out her outfit for today (super hero theme for school) she chose her Kawhi Leonard jersey & Spider Girl cape.
    https://instagram.com/p/5cQc6dyvHZ/

Kawhi Leonard superhero

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klawhi Meownard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His name is unique enough that he can be known on a first name basis (ala Kobe & LeBron). In terms of an actual nickname, the Klaw is the one that seems to have stuck, even if he doesn't like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His name is Kawhi. No nickname needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those ain't my words.. They're Durants...
    How about Freethrows?

Thread Information