Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    CubanSucksSuperFunTimeGo! Pauly D's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Nah, it has more than enough ratings for me on IMDB with 800 reviews. That more than one of those simple movies. It might end with probably 300k ratings which tells me more than enough.
    I've never even noticed anything like that. What do you mean?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Saw this on Friday - it's the kind of movie that almost feels like you need a seat belt. Even the wife enjoyed it

Name
    Ubuntu
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    I've never even noticed anything like that. What do you mean?
    To simplify this early, I look at the ratings as more than ratings. I see it as analytically and in correlation with human understanding.

Well before a movie is released, the people who endorsed the movie actually review it and rate. Those rating are always high(for the money). The reviews are in the tens of thousands beforehand. IMDB Pro users can only rate the movie before hand and people who actually played a major part in the production of the movie.

However, after a movie is released then the ratings usually take a huge fall to the average viewers who watch in the theater and other forms of media to. This then exposes the movie as a bomb. For Mad Max, this really didn't happen and the ratings have held up and exceeded its realistic expectations for me.

In my perspective, when a movie on the IMDB scale holds a IMDb rating above 8.0 with more than 150k user ratings translates to an superb masterpiece of a movie for me. These movies are bring on innovations and new stories to the industry. I also factor in the ratio of Revies(comments) to ratings to determine if the movie is worth my time.

From what I've seen, a movie that rates on the scale of 6.3 to 7.4 are average movies with general cliches. Some movies are absolutely rated too low. Some viewers lack education or won't educate themselves enough to understand the movie. Symbolism is concept new to many viewers and also empathy(placing yourself in position of the people in the movie). Other films are wrongly critiqued because of time period and relation to what was happening during those times. Foreshadowing is an elementary concept that s aren't aware of.

There's many viewers who are horrible with hindsight. For instance, a certain character makes a decision that you know is wrong because you watched the movie and saw it play out to the characters dismay. Then you give the movie a awful rating on the count of this. Its important to understand....the mother ing character didn't see how this was going to play out because the character isn't watching or hasn't watched the end of the movie. The character is playing their role in a certain moment of time no matter how many times a viewer watches the movie within different times in their lives. Interpretation.

Then there's movies who people absolutely didn't understand. Interstellar, The Prestige, Donnie Darko, Gone Girl; innovative and ground breaking movies which are rated with 8.0 plus ratings but still..don't do them enough justice.

Horror movies always seem to bomb. They just do not do consistently well so I have to adjust for them. That's because people "TRY" not to be afraid of them the expectation is always there. Something will freak you out. Horror movies are meant to be seen alone without a phone, closing of the eyes, and guessing the nerves. People make horror movies awful by watching it with people, not paying attention to the movie while high on weed. They just will not do well because this will

8.6 rating equivalent to Interstellar which is a movie I respect. Tom Hardy passes to me as a very respectful actor having been in the Dark Knight Rises and Inception. He even was in Black Hawk Down.............Really really young in that movie. Had a kid's voice.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pretty good.
    Great camera work.
    Plot line pretty good. Some meandering on side plots and characters here and there, but mostly stuck to the plot at hand.
    Casting was pretty good. Teen chicks i guess they went for the fairly hot but not super hot look.

Disappointed we did not get to see ToeCutter being killed. Instead we just get teen chick announcing he is dead. What's up with that?
    Ditto Fat Blob warlord. Max sticks his fat foot on the gas but then we just get to see the car crash. I wanted to see fat blob splattered.

Feminist Road angle. The writer of that article is butthurt over something. No way did Threzon and the teen chicks and old moms de nutt Max. As to Max letting Furia take the last shot, takes a real man to let that happen. No way was that caving in. She was a better shot and he had just missed twice. One bullet left. Smart move.

Question:
    Pasty White good guy and red headed teen. What was the basis for their love connection?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Psssh.
    So two of the U.S. teen chicks cast due to being offspring of music celebs.
    Toast the Knowing = Zoe Kravitz

"Capeable" is Elvis Presleys grandaughter.

The two blonde twigs are Victoria Secret/Vogue anorexics.

The brown haired gal (and only true teen, the rest are all like 25) is Aussie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Saw it again, this time in 2d. I preferred this version over the 3d version, which was very good but in 2d the world felt more cohesive and believable. So far Fury Road is my second favorite in the series and easily my favorite film of the year.

Soundtrack was pretty good. It's up there with the film in your sig and Tron Legacy, which is probably my favorite recent score.
    3D is pointless unless its an animated film imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    but that scene where none of the daughters knew how to reload a gun except the black one

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anyone remember this chick from the movie?

imdb says she was "The desperate woman".

Name
    Ubuntu
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    Bump. Excellent movie. Excellent Score as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Q
    What made Nux leave the dark side and come over to Max and the chicks side? And when was his romance(?) with red head originated?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Waiting for DVD.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga 2024

Are any of you board heterosexuals going to / already have seen it?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga 2024

Are any of you board heterosexuals going to / already have seen it?
    No, but the ending to [Fury Road] is exquisite.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mad Max film without Mad Max... Nah I'll pass. Plus all this hyping women up to be equals, especially in the movies, is hilariously dumb as .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You should hush about stuff like that. Best to hide your insecurities.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    It bombed

Hollywood still flushing money down the toilet with the girl boss trope. Men don’t care for it and normal women don’t see themselves in it.

Yet they still try to force it.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    it was honestly kinda boring. I fell asleep after the first 30 mins and that never happens to me at the movies

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    it was honestly kinda boring. I fell asleep after the first 30 mins and that never happens to me at the movies
    IMO, it is more of a long back story movie (2.5 hours worth) of some of the characters in the Mad Max world and really suitable for diehard Mad Max fans (like all the bad Star Wars derivatives) than anything else.

Action scenes were good but it is mediocre at best if you are not into Mad Max saga.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Rotten Tomatoes sitting at 90% for both critics and audience.

Of course, Dune 2 was even higher than that and I was bored with it. Go figure

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rotten Tomatoes sitting at 90% for both critics and audience.

Of course, Dune 2 was even higher than that and I was bored with it. Go figure
    Wasn't RT bought out by the studio gots a while ago?

Consider source.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yep.

Since January 2010, Rotten Tomatoes has been owned by Flixster, which was in turn acquired by Warner Bros. in 2011. In February 2016, Rotten Tomatoes and its parent site Flixster were sold to Comcast's Fandango ticketing company.[10] Warner Bros. retained a minority stake in the merged en ies, including Fandango.[1]

The site is influential among moviegoers, a third of whom say they consult it before going to the cinema in the U.S.[11] It has been criticized for oversimplifying reviews by flattening them into a fresh vs. rotten dichotomy.[12][13] It has also been criticized for being easy for studios to manipulate by limiting early screenings to critics inclined to be favorable, among other tactics.[12]

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yep.

Since January 2010, Rotten Tomatoes has been owned by Flixster, which was in turn acquired by Warner Bros. in 2011. In February 2016, Rotten Tomatoes and its parent site Flixster were sold to Comcast's Fandango ticketing company.[10] Warner Bros. retained a minority stake in the merged en ies, including Fandango.[1]

The site is influential among moviegoers, a third of whom say they consult it before going to the cinema in the U.S.[11] It has been criticized for oversimplifying reviews by flattening them into a fresh vs. rotten dichotomy.[12][13] It has also been criticized for being easy for studios to manipulate by limiting early screenings to critics inclined to be favorable, among other tactics.[12]
    I take it all into consideration for sure.

I mean Warner Bros WW84 was a 58% splat so there's that

Thread Information