Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "fearmongering" about a federal ban is just that. Never in a million years would they get 60 senators to vote for it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "fearmongering" about a federal ban is just that. Never in a million years would they get 60 senators to vote for it.
    I remember when you used to say the same about Roe Vs Wade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when you used to say the same about Roe Vs Wade
    meh. You think they could get 60 votes?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway, Pennsylvania is the state where I think results are truly devastating for Republicans in ways people don't realize.

Rs didn't win the state supreme court seat and they weren't expected to, fine, but they lost their majority on the State Superior Court and their majority on the Commonwealth Court is now 5-4 (both courts have been under GOP control for a long time).

The ancestrally Republican Philly suburbs are also starting to vote blue down ballot. Bucks County in particular is an area that's stayed stubbornly Republican in local races until yesterday, when Dems basically won everything they could.

So the latest batch of polls are basically fear mongering for cable ratings. NYT came out with a batch of polls having Biden down on 5 of 6.

democrats are highly engaged in an off year elections. I think it’s about time the media give up the Biden is a drag talking point.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realistically, you'd probably need 67. Something like this would be cons utional amendment territory.

Plus the same percentage in a House where we're likely to have a slim majority in 2025-26 and a slim minority in 2026-27. A House in which the Democrats are all united on most issues, including abortion, and there's a handful of libertarian-leaning GOP members that wouldn't vote for it, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the latest batch of polls are basically fear mongering for cable ratings. NYT came out with a batch of polls having Biden down on 5 of 6.

democrats are highly engaged in an off year elections. I think it’s about time the media give up the Biden is a drag talking point.
    State elections =/= federal elections. How many times does this have to be re-iterated?

How do you think Andy Beshear won last night? How do you think Laura Kelly won last year? How do you think Gretchen Whitmer won by 10% last year, and PA's very own Josh Shapiro by damn nearly a safe margin (14.8%, on the very upper end of likely)?

Biden losing is legitimate and it's because Biden sucks and is incompetent, and Trump is more popular on policy despite Biden being slightly less disliked as a person. That's it and that's all.

However, Bob Casey Jr. is also excessively popular and my hot take is that he'll carry Scranton Joe just narrowly across the finish line in PA. It breaks with the majority of GOP pundits and current polling which has Trump winning PA by a lean margin, so give me credit for that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    State elections =/= federal elections. How many times does this have to be re-iterated?

How do you think Andy Beshear won last night? How do you think Laura Kelly won last year? How do you think Gretchen Whitmer won by 10% last year, and PA's very own Josh Shapiro by damn nearly a safe margin (14.8%, on the very upper end of likely)?

Biden losing is legitimate and it's because Biden sucks and is incompetent, and Trump is more popular on policy despite Biden being slightly less disliked as a person. That's it and that's all.

However, Bob Casey Jr. is also excessively popular and my hot take is that he'll carry Scranton Joe just narrowly across the finish line in PA. It breaks with the majority of GOP pundits and current polling which has Trump winning PA by a lean margin, so give me credit for that.
    take per par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the backpedal

keep it coming

this is from the national republican party platform

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love how the defense of bad policy is "its not like republicans are ever going to win enough elections to implement those policies, so why are people so scared of electing any republicans?"

its nonsensical

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hillary stan reck folds to a real argument per par

I enjoy these intense intellectual conversations with will hunting because he's a real intellectual. aside from not being a girl and my michigan girlfriend, he reminds me a lot of marissa with his politics and takes on race/social issues, as well as his intellectualism. But 90% of the board liberals are as dumb or dumber than every ST conservative not named ducks.

i love how the defense of bad policy is "its not like republicans are ever going to win enough elections to implement those policies, so why are people so scared of electing any republicans?"

its nonsensical
    Not all Republicans are anti-right to choose, smartass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red already is the bell cow on immigration and crime despite the media being very pro mass immigration.

If Biden loses next year it will in large part be due to the unforced error of opening up the southern border with stupid executive orders that implement horrible asylum policies.
    If Biden loses next year it will in large part be due to running for re-election being 155 years old, tbh. Ruth Bader Biden is real, you have to know when to call it quits.

Heck, you legitimately have to wonder if he'll make it to election day, and if he does not, what's the fallback plan. Kamala?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes you think it needs to happen via Congress? The Fifth circuit doesn't think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

its nonsensical
    It's actually pretty revealing of the mental gymnastics they have to go through in order to still vote for the bad policies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not all Republicans are anti-right to choose, smartass.
    You voted for it, take some responsibility

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I think the next party to win a governing trifecta is going to gut the filibuster so the 60 votes question doesn’t really matter.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What makes you think it needs to happen via Congress? The Fifth circuit doesn't think so.
    This too. The 5th circuit is currently trying to outlaw abortion pills by judicial fiat, and SCOTUS hasn’t really been proactive in putting an end to it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    At least for me no matter how much I disagree with the Dems on immigration and other stuff, I can’t consider voting for republicans in federal elections when they’re only willing to confirm federalist society hacks on the court.

The GOP in most cases is also just as bad as the Dems are on things where I think Biden has failed. I think the Dems should have been a lot more proactive in ramping the deficit down, but god knows the GOP is even worse when it comes to using the gubbamint credit card to pay for their stupid policies.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I wasn’t speaking as much about presidential elections when rural rube turnout will be much higher and make PA much closer statewide.

i was more talking about how fast Rs are losing voters in the Philly burbs and why that’s bad for them. For starters, there state senate majority is reliant on a couple senators from the Philly collar counties who still do well with ancestral Rs, but they might be toast in the next few cycles of school board seats in places like Bucks County are going blue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn’t speaking as much about presidential elections when rural rube turnout will be much higher and make PA much closer statewide.

i was more talking about how fast Rs are losing voters in the Philly burbs and why that’s bad for them. For starters, there state senate majority is reliant on a couple senators from the Philly collar counties who still do well with ancestral Rs, but they might be toast in the next few cycles of school board seats in places like Bucks County are going blue.
    All the Bucks county PA conservatives moved to Sarasota, FL in 2020/2021. Not even joking. Literally 27 members of my father's side of the family including my two older half brothers did. Only my father still lives there, and he voted for Biden & Fetterman. His brain functions a lot like those two, fyi. Three peas in a pod. He wasn't in my life, he's a pothead and I don't consider him family and neither do my half brothers. He had 14 sons with 11 women.

My first cousin on my father's side is a carpetbagger from PA and he's also the FL GOP chair... dox me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You voted for it, take some responsibility
    I vote for deporting illegals, economic supremacy, energy independence, fighting inflation and inflationary economic policy... cheap gas, America First trade policy, protecting the first and second amendment, a limited fourth branch of government, and controlling and punishing violent crime. And, to an extent, defeating the trans/ counterculture in-your-face movement, which I guess is technically one of the few less libertarian positions of mine, but it jives with populism at least.

Abortion is far down there on the list for me in terms of the issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I vote for deporting illegals, economic supremacy, energy independence, fighting inflation and inflationary economic policy... cheap gas, America First trade policy, protecting the first and second amendment, a limited fourth branch of government, and controlling and punishing violent crime. And, to an extent, defeating the trans/ counterculture in-your-face movement, which I guess is technically one of the few less libertarian positions of mine, but it jives with populism at least.

Abortion is far down there on the list for me in terms of the issues.
    Nevertheless you voted for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot to mention covid policy and the draconian mandates that I'll literally never forgive most Dem leaders and a few RINOs for even if they offered me a million bucks to eat a Sweet Tart. Oh, and eco-fascism:

This gave me nightmares for years in high school that I'll never forget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why am I not surprised that his dad abandoned him.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    FOX is yacking about some R beating a New York stalwart D, and causing a "political earthquake."

What is it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot to mention covid policy and the draconian mandates that I'll literally never forgive most Dem leaders and a few RINOs for even if they offered me a million bucks to eat a Sweet Tart.
    That was actually sound policy. You could argue some of the details with the monday newspaper in your hands, but on the overall it was the right call.

Thread Information