Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Tankin'
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh and got almost swept by a team that was swept by a team that will probably be swept.
    I lol'd at this part.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think its safe to say....if you're living in Cleveland, and not winning championships...you're throwing your life away.

NY will be good to you, Lebron. Yankees, Jay-Z, Manhattan....at least if you don't win there, you'll still be having the time of your life.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    if i were lebron i would NOT go to chicago. why the would you want to be compared to Jordan every day? living in another man's shadow is not his way i don't think.

i could see him going to the clipper to pair up with griffin. i think they would complimeng each other well. but then again, maybe lebron really needs a great perimeter shooter to spread that floor.
    In my opinion all this talk about Lebron James shadowing MJ or about him constantly being compared to MJ if he goes to Chicago is bull. What if Lebron James likes being compared to MJ? After all, he grew up idolizing him he even wears his jersey number and pointed out his loyalty to MJ by considering the entire league to retire his number. To Lebron he would take it as a compliment.

People are making this whole shadowing thing seem like a big thing. From a fan perspective I wouldn't really care if a player with who constantly is being compared to MJ plays for the Bulls. Ya Michael Jordan was an awesome player, greatest of all time but that's the past, we will never forget him but we also have to look into the future too.

Btw whats going to drive Lebron into Chicago is the fact that he has the chance to bring back a le to Chicago whom his idol once did. Thats a real nice motivation for Lebron.

Look

Dallas 55-27
    New Jersey 12-70
    New York 27-55 (dunno for sure)
    Chicago 42-40
    Cavs-Lebron 35-47 AT BEST

It is a NO brainer where Lebron will go IF he wants to win rings. I dont care if the other teams are younger, when you add Lebron to a 55 win team and hold most of the core pieces in tact, youre automatically in the 65-70 win ballpark.
    Your argument would make sense if the Mavs were a young team or at least in their prime. Your best player may still be in his prime but players like Kidd (37) Marion (33) Dampier (34) Terry (32) etc are aging. Lebron might win one le and thats it. After that its back to where he was in Cleveland. Lebron made it clear in his press conference that he wants to win. Winning a le and thats it isn't going to cut it.

The Nets are also a good option. Best owner in the NBA, some young talent especially if they draft Wall or Turner. If he can convince another guy like Bosh or even Boozer to join him there, that's another instant contender:

Wall
    Lee
    James
    Bosh
    Lopez
    +
    T Williams
    CDR
    +
    whatever they can get for Harris and Yi (say, Troy Murphy+Jeff Foster)
    27th pick (say, Quincy Pondexter)
    a couple of veterans to round the rotation (Von Wafer+Kenyon Dooling+Joe Smith)

That's a contender right away.
    Whats up with all the assumptions? You're assuming that the Nets are going to get the 1st pick and you're also assuming that John Wall is not going to be a bust. Also do the Nets have enough to sign 2 max contracts?

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Whats up with all the assumptions? You're assuming that the Nets are going to get the 1st pick and you're also assuming that John Wall is not going to be a bust. Also do the Nets have enough to sign 2 max contracts?
    Yes, I am assuming that. If in the lottery they end up with the 4th pick, then they become way less attractive to LBJ.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    lebron is coming to the knicks

belee dat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron will be a Bull next year.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Lebron will move to Mexico and become a singer, and never play basketball again. We will all start seeing Wade, Dirk, Kidd, and Brook Lopez vanish from their teams and then next year there will be a song on the radio that everyone will like called "What's my team" and it will be a new boy band. not really, but I find this thinking better then where Lebron will end up lol

Parker/Nash/Wade Roddy Beaubois's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ^ what he said

Roddy we gonna miss you. Kick some ass with the Cavs. It ain't personal, it's just business.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Isn't Dallas teetering on bankruptcy?

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The only thing that's bankrupt is league parity after the Mavs go 73-9 next year

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Who's gonna beat Kidd/Butler/Lebron/Nowitzki/Haywood 9 times Ghazi..

Oh yeah,Rick..While trying to make Barea the next 6th man of the year

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you should make a youtube Ghazi. Explain why all LeBron's teammates in Cleveland suck. I bet he'd be all, "That hairy mother er has a point. Dallas here I come!"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ghazi should change the photoshop to Lebrons new number next year

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    The only thing that's bankrupt is league parity after the Mavs go 73-9 next year
    The Mavs aren't going 73-9 next year. because half there players will move to Mexico and become a boy band, actually they won't really be a band it will be more like guys that sticks out tongue(aka Dirk), old man(aka Kidd), and if Lebron reall went to mavs(he won't) Lebron(aka Justin Timberlake of band)

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Mavs aren't going 73-9 next year. because half there players will move to Mexico and become a boy band, actually they won't really be a band it will be more like guys that sticks out tongue(aka Dirk), old man(aka Kidd), and if Lebron reall went to mavs(he won't) Lebron(aka Justin Timberlake of band)
    Funny how Jason Kidd will play more games the next 2 years than Devin Harris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ anyone who truly thinks Lebron is going to Dallas next year.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol @ anyone who truly thinks Lebron is going to Dallas next year.
    Most ppl here just think its a legit option for James, nothing more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    # The New York Times

May 14, 2010

In Cleveland, Sports Fans Cheer Until It Hurts

By FRANK W. LEWIS

CLEVELAND — The three sports bars on Coventry Road, in the eastside Cleveland suburb of Cleveland Heights, are among the places that Northeast Ohio’s sports fans congregate by the hundreds for important games. In galvanizing moments, the roar of their simultaneous cheers can be heard blocks away.

The bars are filled on the holy days of obligation for the Cleveland sports faithful, most of which involve the Browns. Cleveland is, after all, a football town, despite a history of heartbreak that has been handed down from generation to generation. But in recent years, the Cavaliers have also found a place in that small, vulnerable chamber of the fans’ collective heart, thanks almost entirely to the charismatic, Akron-born superstar LeBron James.

On Thursday, when the Cavaliers faced the Boston Celtics in the do-or-die sixth game of the conference semifinals of the N.B.A. playoffs, the Winking Lizard bar was packed and every television was tuned to the game. But in the waning minutes of the fourth quarter, when Cleveland trailed by 10, then by 4, then by 11, then finally by 9, the fans were almost silent. Their tight lips and slowly shaking heads said enough.

“Thank God the sun is shining today,” the Cleveland city councilman Michael Polensek said Friday, “because people are down.”

Shock would be harder to find.

“I was watching with my dad, and it just felt normal,” said Vince Grzegorek, a sports blogger for the weekly Cleveland Scene. “It felt normal for us to lose.”

Grzegorek, whose blog is called ’64 and Counting, a reference to Cleveland’s 46-year championship drought, acknowledged that the Cavaliers’ loss did not rival the legendary collapses known to every Clevelander as The Drive, The Fumble and The Shot. And this situation has a twist. The pain will be prolonged by the question of whether James, who is a free agent, has played his last game in a Cavaliers uniform.

Cleveland’s relationship with James has been an exciting romance, partly because it was so wildly improbable. The bounce of a Ping-Pong ball gave the Cavaliers the right to draft James, a homegrown phenom, in 2003. Three years later the then-new owner, the Michigan businessman Dan Gilbert, enticed James to sign a contract extension. With the addition of Shaquille O’Neal in 2009, expectations soared. Clevelanders dared to believe that one of their teams could win it all.

It would be difficult to overstate the value of such hope in this beleaguered Rust Belt city, which in recent years has topped lists of the most impoverished and most miserable cities and still endures jokes about the Cuyahoga River fire of 1969. Fans have created Web sites and designed T-shirts, financed the purchase of a billboard and recorded a local-star-studded “We Are The World” parody led “We Are LeBron,” all in an endearing, if awkward, effort to keep the King among his loyal subjects in Cleveland. Fans have long hoped that James shares their belief that he belongs here.

The comedian Ramon Rivas warned James in a blog post that the boos he heard during Game 5 — which Rivas attributed to less-than-true, upper-class fans who can afford playoff tickets — would be the norm in New York. Call it crass warfare.

“That one booing probably hurt you,” Rivas wrote. “It probably made you wonder: What’s wrong with these people, don’t they realize what I’ve done for this city? We realize it, but the rich folks don’t.”

With Thursday’s loss, however, many fans are bracing for the long-feared breakup by practicing their anger.

“Even one championship with the Cavs would have secured his spot with Jim Brown as one of Cleveland’s all-time best,” said James S. Abbott, a medical supplies salesman and lifelong Cleveland sports fan. “Now, he’s one of a thousand who couldn’t get it done when it counted.”

Grzegorek said: “For years my go-to joke has been that if he leaves, we can sell the city for cab fare to the I-480 bridge and we can all jump off together. But I don’t feel that way today. If he wants to leave, let him leave. If he can’t win it in seven years, then what would it take?”

Cuyahoga County Commissioner Peter Lawson Jones, who lent his voice to the “We Are LeBron” project, worried about such fatalism. He said someone suggested to him that James’s leaving “would be another blow to our civic ego,” but that it shouldn’t be.

Clevelanders, of all people, should understand the danger of hanging all of their hopes on one athlete. “We have to be careful not to let our psyche get too dependent on a performer — and that’s what athletes are, they’re performers,” Jones said.

Erik Goehringer, a technology professional from Akron, said: “LeBron is a great player, and a good guy, but he’s only an athlete. He doesn’t define this city any more than I do. I hope he stays, but if not you’ll hardly see people rioting or committing mass suicides. You are only a loser if you act like one. Or if you are from Pittsburgh or Michigan.”

Humor as dark as Lake Erie — that is how some Cleveland fans cope. To paraphrase an old quote: To be a Cleveland sports fan is to know that in the end your team will break your heart.

“Everything about this,” Grzegorek sighed, “is so Cleveland.”

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Did Ghazi make this site

http://www.lebrontothemavs.com/

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Funny how Jason Kidd will play more games the next 2 years than Devin Harris
    Funny how I don't care who plays more games, it's not a one man show, it's a team game if Devin Harris not playing as many games or is traded to another team and it pays off and Nets win the finals I say great

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Funny how I don't care who plays more games, it's not a one man show, it's a team game if Devin Harris not playing as many games or is traded to another team and it pays off and Nets win the finals I say great
    what a lame answer to my bashing of your age bashing

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    So you think Kidd playing more games then Harris is better then Mavs win the finals? If you feel that way great more power to you. I don't care what players get what minutes if they are on the Nets and help them win doesn't matter.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    and if you want to see lame go over to www.dallas-mavs.com now most of those people are lame

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...co#articleFull

Bron to Dallas talk starts in 3, 2 . . . now.

Actually started, past tense. Thursday. About 10 p.m. CDT, or seconds after King James and his Cavs crashed and burned in yet another playoffs. Best NBA record apparently guarantees jack squat. Boston advanced somewhat easily to the East Finals, and Team LeBron walked into yet another off-season without a ring.

Only this time he has choices. Stay in Cleveland? Or go to New York or Chicago (or, dare I say, Dallas?), via a nifty little opt-out clause in his contract?

Sounds like a certain Big German I know.

Do not mistake this for a Dirk=LeBron. I love The Big German. I am not crazy. LeBron is younger and nastier and just better, yet he finds himself exactly where Dirk Nowitzki does — probably needing to leave his only NBA home to have a chance at a championship.

Just call him LeGone James after this latest debacle.

And why not us as a soft landing spot? I’m tired of this LeBron to the Windy City, South Beach or Manhattan with nary a Mavericks mention.

So let me be the first to say: Choose the Mavericks, LeBron.

Dallas is the perfect landing spot for your tarnished King crown, with Dirk giving you two greats and an owner adept at marketing you into an even bigger deal and a city where sports and athletes rule.

New York sounds like a big stage. Problem is, New York is almost too big, with actors and sports and everything imaginable all competing for attention.

In Dallas, it would be you. And Tony Romo. And you.

Games at JerryWorld. And Owner Jones is likely to toss in a couple of primo Cowboys season tickets, if you promise to wear a Roy Williams jersey to games to help legitimize him.

And Mavs owner Mark Cuban needs to find a way to make LeBron to Dallas happen. If not, all hope is lost. We have Jason "bleeping" Kidd as our point guard. Of course, LeBron is our only hope.

The only other option is Dirk leaves for Chicago and the Mavs become Timberwolves South, because another season of 50 meaningless regular-season wins and a playoff gag is just downright nauseating.

LeBron as a Maverick brings hope.

Go ahead and laugh, and I am sure a few cranky Fort Worth Star-Telecolleagues already have dismissed LeBron to Dallas as a possibility. Vegas lists odds of LeBron coming to Dallas at 30-1, which is telling me there is a chance. And while I have been hard on Cuban lately, he usually excels in just such situations.

I realize consensus seems to be Chicago makes the most basketball sense, seeing as how the Bulls have Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah and a bunch of money. And New York makes sense because it is New York.

Let’s not forget this is the Knicks, once a safe sanctuary for the basketball idiocy of Isiah Thomas. So even with enough cap room to sign two players to a max deal, do you really trust New York?

Which brings us to us. Why Dallas is perfect is Dirk.

LeBron so obviously wants to be The Man, a role not guaranteed in Chicago with Rose. And he wants to have a chance to win now, which is hardly guaranteed in Nets New York or Knicks New York.

In Dallas, he has a chance to win now.

And he has his Robin, only with Batman talent.

Dirk is one of the few, if not the only, NBA superstars who is not only OK with but seems to welcome a name bigger than himself. The guy is so amazingly gifted, yet so very unselfish. Almost too unselfish at times, but that is for another day. This is exactly the kind of wingman LeBron seems to need.

Because King James raised a few red flags about himself in this latest playoff debacle, namely looking like a whiny you-know-what.

It also looked like he quit. And his post-loss "me and my team, we have a game plan that we’ll execute and we’ll see where we’re at" spiel certainly reeked of sorry. "We" was not short for him, Antawn Jamison and Mo Williams, nor was "his team" a Cavs reference. His BFFs apparently include lawyers and PR types and marketing gurus.

Welcome to The King James version of The NBA.

Do you think anybody ever tells him, "Hey, dude, you are doing it wrong?" And while Dirk is unlikely to say that, how he goes about his business will.

Yes, Dallas is the perfect landing spot for LeBron, but Cuban needs to go all in starting now. On thebiglead.com, I watched what amounts to Ohio glitterati singing "Please Stay, LeBron" to the tune of "We Are The World".

Word of warning: Do not click. Sounds like a Lindsay Lohan track.

What Cleveland seems to have is a plan, and we had better get started. I almost guarantee Texans have far better video capability. Call Jamie Foxx, Owen and Luke Wilson, Jerry Jones and Norah Jones. We already have proof that Romo likes to sing.

Roger and Troy, too.

And I almost guarantee Dirk flies back from Germany to reprise his solo in "This Kiss" for LeBron. He randomly dropped LeBron’s name in his end-of-season interview, so Dirk obviously realizes he needs him.

Dirk is LeBron and LeBron is Dirk.

Neither can go where he wants to as his team is presently constructed. Both need the other.

So choose us, LeBron. You are our only hope.

Thread Information