My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    Is it a sure thing now?

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I'm being told as late as yesterday night that it's all but... sounds like every single recruit committed to the program scatters as well. Pastner will take the job, no hesitation, but he's still not a proven coach, which is concerning. Good recruiter who is recruiting several of the same prospects going forward, so losing commits might not hurt as much, but 2013, top-5 overall SG/SF Chris Thomas would have committed on his unofficial yesterday had these rumors not tempered his spirits.

Sucks. Not official, but I am hearing it's not looking good, and that we will likely know this evening or later tonight.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    I'm willing to bet money Pastner doesn't take the job. No one is gonna wanna work with Byrne after the message Miller leaving sends. It's the equivalent of David Griffin being expected to replace Kerr as GM and him basically saying, "Nuh Uh, Sarver being here makes it so it no longer is my "dream job".

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I'm willing to bet money Pastner doesn't take the job. No one is gonna wanna work with Byrne after the message Miller leaving sends. It's the equivalent of David Griffin being expected to replace Kerr as GM and him basically saying, "Nuh Uh, Sarver being here makes it so it no longer is my "dream job".
    I've been told with certainty Pastner takes if offered. I don't think Byrne survives if Miller leaves because he reneged on several agreed upon provisions simply because he wasn't the AD who made them, and because his stance on having zero money to reward the University's top money-maker and his staff disenchanted and polarized a staff that had put Arizona in contention for National Championships going forward.

Bryne will attempt to make one last ditch effort, but there's no guarantee he'll be allowed to make the pitch, and Maryland's Anderson is bringing some big-money guns to this fight. Not sure Arizona has the ammo.

Sucks. I've only hinted here about the levels Arizona could have reached. Not many know the likelihood of Arizona landing three consecutive top-5 classes, with both 2012 and 2013 being in contention for #1 overall in the nation. No Miller, no chance of that now.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    If they get Pastner and waste no time getting rid of Byrne, the program will still be in decent shape, but it's too enraging for words that Byrne is destroying what woulda been an annual final 4 contender.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    If they get Pastner and waste no time getting rid of Byrne, the program will still be in decent shape, but it's too enraging for words that Byrne is destroying what woulda been an annual final 4 contender.
    If this goes down as expected, I'll PM you what I know that I am not comfortable just airing publicly, assuming you want to know.

Also, from what I anticipated, Miller was building a recruiting machine rivaled only at the present by Kentucky. It's a damn shame. For 2013, over 10 players had Arizona in their top-3, several with Arizona as their favorite, and all were top-30 players, and most were top-15. It shoulda been disgusting.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    I always want to know

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    Especially if it involves a bleak future for Greg Byrne

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Potential glimmer. Dixon being interviewed first.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    Yeah I heard that too. Hopefully Maryland's AD prefers him over Miller and he accepts, because it seems pretty clear Miller is fed up with getting cheaped out on here and will go if he can.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Regardless of Dixon, there is still hope.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Meeting with Maryland AD and his big-money tag-a-longs at 5 p.m. He makes it through, he likely remains at UA for a very long time.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    It's a nice little sign, but still not accepting it until tomorrow. Still, Byrne says Miller is staying. However, Miller said no, slept on it, then said yes once, so I'm not convinced.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    There's no way Byrne would say that unless it was 100%. Even someone as dumb as he is knows how much of a total idiot he'd look like if he was caught with his pants pulled down like that.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Just heard from my guy. 100% done. It's not a few year thing. It's a long-term thing. Don't know how, but Byrne pulled the rabbit out the hat!

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    "I want everyone to know that I remain strongly committed to rebuilding Arizona into a championship program. Since arriving here two years ago, our staff has received a tremendous amount of support from the University of Arizona and Wildcat fans across the country. That support was one of the driving forces behind our Pac-10 championship this season.

"I am very pleased with my situation here at Arizona and feel that President Shelton, Greg Byrne and the UA have made every effort to provide our program with the tools necessary to be successful.

"In the last two years, we have done many things to strengthen the program from an improved locker room and practice facility, to our recruiting efforts. We will continue to work towards getting better in all areas as we move forward.

"Over the last two days, the amount of inaccuracies that surrounded this entire process has been very disappointing. Hopefully, this will put an end to such speculation. Believe me when I tell you, our administration has done everything to keep me here and ensure that this will be among the elite programs in the nation.

"I've said many times that I really liked the direction the new Pac-12 Conference is heading, and Wednesday's announcement says without a doubt that we are entering a new era of increased exposure and compe ive excellence. I fully expect Arizona to be a leader for many years to come, and, with the help of our administration, continue to rise to the challenge in meeting the needs of our elite-level program.

"While it's flattering to be mentioned as a candidate for job openings, such speculation only means that our staff is doing great things here in Tucson."

SEAN MILLER, HEAD COACH, ARIZONA

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    UA received the commit from one of the top scorers in the 2012 class in 6-1, 180 SG Gabe York. Scoring is about all he can do at this point, but I think Miller is the coach to maximize his ability. Gonna have some high fliers in 2012 onward.

York reminds me of Salim Stoudamire with better athleticism. Them's some shoes to fill, but he is instant offense from anywhere on the court any time he touches the ball.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Rumor has it he and Brandon Ashley are friends and he's been texting Ashley trying to convince him to commit (also, after seeing an interview with Ashley, he's the guy I want most in the 2012 class, he's just as intelligent as he is physically good). If they can get Ashley and one of the center prospects they're targeting, 2012-2013 they'll easily be a contender. Shabazz is still a pipe dream, if they get him I won't even know what to think.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Have heard they won't stop recruiting a legit C, but with Jerrett being a legit 6-10 now, they may feel it best to pack up once Ashley commits. Tarc will likely decide before Ashley, Cleare is no longer an option, McGary is not either and the general thought is that Upshaw is UCLA's to lose. They are in on so many great 2013 kids, don't waste one on a flier. Landon Lucas may still be an option, but the improvement hasn't really been made for him to pull an offer.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Then we'll be waiting till 2013-2014 for a true contender. They aren't gonna win anything with a 220 pound center.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Then we'll be waiting till 2013-2014 for a true contender. They aren't gonna win anything with a 220 pound center.
    Not necessarily true... Arizona will have Chol with one full year in the weight program, Johnson who is already 240 pounds at 6-9, and, likely, Kyryl, who'll be a senior, at roughly 240-250.

They'll have size. What they need is perimeter scoring. With a senior Parrom, possibly a senior Hill, a junior Mayes a sop re Johnson and Turner, and a freshman York, perimeter scoring won't be the concern it was this year.

2012-13 Roster

PG: Turner, Mayes
    SG: Parrom, Johnson, York
    SF: Hill (some Parrom)
    PF: Ashley, Jerrett
    C: Chol, Kyryl, Johnson

Athletic Line-Up

Turner, York, NJohnson, Ashley, Chol

Bulk Line-Up

Turner, Parrom, Hill, SJohnson, Kyryl

Shooting Line-Up

Mayes, York, Parrom, Jerrett, Kyryl

Experience Line-Up

Mayes, Parrom, Hill, Chol, Kyryl

Balanced Line-Up

Turner, Johnson, Parrom, Jerrett, Chol

Quick Line-Up

Turner, York, Johnson, Parrom, Chol or Ashley

I understand your concern, and there's a decent chance Hill declares after this year, opening up a spot for Tarc or someone else. They'll keep recruiting those worthy of a spot, but, as of now, Arizona is in the top-2 for roughly half the 2013 top-25, and the declared leader for three or four 5-Star prospects. Look what Miller's coaching did this season. I think Arizona will be legit.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    http://www.azcentral.com/sports/ua/a...zi-scheme.html

Hopefully Miller has as much integrity as he appears to have and values ethics as much as he appears to, because it's pretty clear Olson was as dirty as it gets his last few years at UA. Thank god he retired when he did, another 1-2 years of post-2005 Lute Olson might have put Arizona basketball in a hole that would take a LONG time to dig out of.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    http://www.azcentral.com/sports/ua/a...zi-scheme.html

Hopefully Miller has as much integrity as he appears to have and values ethics as much as he appears to, because it's pretty clear Olson was as dirty as it gets his last few years at UA. Thank god he retired when he did, another 1-2 years of post-2005 Lute Olson might have put Arizona basketball in a hole that would take a LONG time to dig out of.
    nevermind. I forgot I'm reading a paper horribly bias towards ASU. Olson invested that money long before McClellan's recruiting process began, and made a good amount off the investment. As usual ASU fans are reaching, Olson having that money invested might have helped with Jawan, but it's pure coincidence, a lucky connection that plenty of coaches have that helps them recruit. Kinda like ASU's "lucky" connection hiring James Harden's high school coach as an assistant right in the thick of Harden's recruiting process.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Josiah Turner qualifies and cleared by the NCAA... The rest of the Pac has been notified.

Time to own.

Thread Information