Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs with another win . Overall ho-hum game. CJ played well (but hard to tell because the comp was really weak), Kawhi had a very good game overall (some rough spots, but that is expected and it wasn't many).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd half

Joseph
    -good drive to the basket and dish to an open kawhi leonard from 3
    -excellent drive for a layup, really displaying his speed.
    -really pushing the pace, just set up leonard for a 3
    -got a good steal by showing awareness on D
    -displays his J on another pull up, gets good space for his jumpers
    -showing good recovery on D when his man gets past him
    -good drive but missed the floater
    -holy , good steal on the inbounds and spin move for the and 1
    -lost ball but showed good hustle to get the ball back for just a second, then lost the ball
    -another good penetration and assist to wilkerson
    -shows speed in transition and gets the layup
    -good pass for a missed but open shot, but then shows great hustle to get the O board.
    -Another Great pass by joseph, Wilkerson misses the shot but gets fouled.
    -gets a good Defensive board and gets fouled.

Leonard
    -Drills a 3 of joseph assist
    -sick pull up
    -nice drive and assist to Anderson at the last second
    -great anticipation causes turnover
    -couldve layed it up but still showed creating ability by findin Anderson but botched the pass
    -Would like to see Leonard get better chasing down those fast breaks and get lebron blocks
    -blocked again at top of his shot
    -bull offenseive call call on a drive by leonard(could be the homer in me)
    -nice pass to open denmon, denmon misses 3
    -good hustle and tip out to get another possession
    -pull up shot at the free throw line. 27 points.
    -Beat by his man, but forces the turnover
    Dawson
    -nice o board, ugly putback but effective
    Anderson
    -nails another 3, seems like hes made 2 more in this game then the past year.
    -ran the court well for an and 1
    Wilkerson
    -Seems like a blair type player that’s less talented and more raw
    Denmon
    -misses 3, not showing that jumper we’ve heard about, or athleticism for that matter.
    -so far, not a viable replacement for neal
    -wide open deep 2
    -shows good vision- hits dumb zeller for a made shot
    -another missed 3 taken because of shot clock
    -missed open 3 off of kawhi pass
    Ajinca
    -Showed effort and got a putback dunk
    -loves that 3 point line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well played.

I actually checked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs with another win . Overall ho-hum game. CJ played well (but hard to tell because the comp was really weak), Kawhi had a very good game overall (some rough spots, but that is expected and it wasn't many).
    4th quarter played like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun game to watch. We got a good look at some players.

Kawhi has me trying to figure out how to add his skills to the offense. His ability to handle the ball, shoot off the dribble and pass needs to be taken advantage of next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game was a confirmation of the first game:
    - Kawhi is for real.
    - Cory Joseph is the big surprise of this SL. He looks more and more like a keeper.
    - Denmon was a little better but I don't see how he will make Spurs' roster.
    - Wilkerson is a solid player but if Spurs want a solid low upside big, they will likely go with Dawson.
    - James Anderson was relatively good but Spurs should have no regrets with not picking his option. It was the right move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Joseph had a great game. Showed great D, Hustle, passing and scoring. Could probably have at least 4-5 more assists if not for people missing more shots.

-Kawhi also should have more assists. This guy can score in a lot of different ways its crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Joseph even surprised the Spurs. You don't have TP, Mills, De Colo and Neal if you think Joseph is going to play as well as he did in the first two summer league games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has me trying to figure out how to add his skills to the offense. His ability to handle the ball, shoot off the dribble and pass needs to be taken advantage of next season.
    He needs Manu Ginobili Rights to run some plays with that first unit. It will balance that first unit offense more, than having him and Green standing around for 3 pointers. He could take some of that burden off of TP.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game was a confirmation of the first game:
    - Kawhi is for real.
    - Cory Joseph is the big surprise of this SL. He looks more and more like a keeper.
    - Denmon was a little better but I don't see how he will make Spurs' roster.
    - Wilkerson is a solid player but if Spurs want a solid low upside big, they will likely go with Dawson.
    - James Anderson was relatively good but Spurs should have no regrets with not picking his option. It was the right move.
    Agreed on all points. I really thought Denmon settled in better this game. He was very active in passing lanes. If there were any room at all I think he'd have a chance to make the roster. Joseph got screwed by the officials a bunch early on, and just kept his mouth shut and kept working. Liked to see that.

All the bigs on the SL team suck. By far the best of the group, Wilkerson is impressive and solid, just like he was three summer leagues ago. He hasn't improved, and unfortunately, he hasn't hit a growth spurt.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I need Bruno to explain whose money is guaranteed and who's going to be cut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, at the end of the game Brent Barry was talking about Spurs trading Blair and adding another big to match the length and athleticism of WCF top teams. Given his connections with Spurs, Spurs are likely not fine withe their current frontcourt (which is logical).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, at the end of the game Brent Barry was talking about Spurs trading Blair and adding another big to match the length and athleticism of WCF top teams. Given his connections with Spurs, Spurs are likely not fine withe their current frontcourt (which is logical).
    Yeah, I found that interesting. He was too specific for that to come out of nowhere. He said something like "Blair is good but the Spurs want a bigman that plays a different style". Earlier in the broadcast he admitted to talking to a bunch of the Spurs staff so I'm pretty sure that has some truth to it.

I also found Barry's excitement on De Colo interesting. He admitted to Mike Bud being his source and said De Colo could be a really good player with a killer pull-up jumper.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You heard it here first: Blair to the Hornets or Warriors for their 2nd in '13, then that second along with Neal to the Bucks for Sanders. Kills two birds with one stone and gives them the long, athletic, shot blocking big they're lacking.

Aside from the fact that the Bucks could use a bigger, better defender at SG (they may have to settle though; already lost out on Hinrich and now Brown too, supposedly), this trade is perfect for all three teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I need Bruno to explain whose money is guaranteed and who's going to be cut.
    12 players are with fully guaranteed contracts: Parker, Mills, Joseph, De Colo, Ginobili, Green, Leonard, Jackson, Diaw, Bonner, Duncan And Splitter.

3 players are with fully non-guaranteed contracts: Neal, Blair and Byars.

Neal and Blair should be kept and Byars should be waived so Spurs have 1 roster spot open. Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Spurs doing some little trades. My guess is that Blair and Neal could be traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You heard it here first: Blair to the Hornets or Warriors for their 2nd in '13, then that second along with Neal to the Bucks for Sanders. Kills two birds with one stone and gives them the long, athletic, shot blocking big they're lacking.

Aside from the fact that the Bucks could use a bigger, better defender at SG (they may have to settle though; already lost out on Hinrich and now Brown too, supposedly), this trade is perfect for all three teams.
    Tbh, I don't think Sanders is a fit on the Spurs. He was the most foul-prone player in the entire NBA last season. Sanders was nearly 10% more foul-prone than anyone else and ultimate hacks like Steimsma, Mahinmi and Amundson. Someone who is 25% more foul-prone than Mahinmi would never play under Pop, tbh.

Sanders is a pretty good prospect but he's so far away from being able to contribute to the Spurs that it wouldn't make any sense to trade Blair and Neal for him. I'd rather just keep Blair and Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also found Barry's excitement on De Colo interesting. He admitted to Mike Bud being his source and said De Colo could be a really good player with a killer pull-up jumper.
    Well, you should have made an in depth scouting report on De Colo instead of Lorbek...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A player that would be a great fit for that backup PF spot is Amir Johnson. I don't know how much he is available but Raptors might want to get ride of his contract. IIRC, timvp wanted him at the last trade deadline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12 players are with fully guaranteed contracts: Parker, Mills, Joseph, De Colo, Ginobili, Green, Leonard, Jackson, Diaw, Bonner, Duncan And Splitter.

3 players are with fully non-guaranteed contracts: Neal, Blair and Byars.

Neal and Blair should be kept and Byars should be waived so Spurs have 1 roster spot open. Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Spurs doing some little trades. My guess is that Blair and Neal could be traded.
    When do they have to guarantee each of those players? Is it November when the season starts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As well as Joseph is playing, Toronto could be interested in the Canadian.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I don't think Sanders is a fit on the Spurs. He was the most foul-prone player in the entire NBA last season. Sanders was nearly 10% more foul-prone than anyone else and ultimate hacks like Steimsma, Mahinmi and Amundson. Someone who is 25% more foul-prone than Mahinmi would never play under Pop, tbh.

Sanders is a pretty good prospect but he's so far away from being able to contribute to the Spurs that it wouldn't make any sense to trade Blair and Neal for him. I'd rather just keep Blair and Neal.
    Sanders managed to foul out in a summer league game yesterday. He is indeed very foulprone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When do they have to guarantee each of those players? Is it November when the season starts?
    Blair contract becomes fully guaranteed on November 1st.
    Neal and Byars contracts become fully guaranteed on January 10th.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just like guys who hesitate to shoot would never play under Pop, only they have and do. He's a raw project type, but a worthwhile gamble. If they don't see enough progress throughout the season, he can always be cut loose. They'd be hard pressed to do better.

I'd rather get rid of those two and clear out the logjam now, as opposed to dragging this out and playing games.

Bruno, I was driving the Amir Johnson bandwagon last off season, but that was back when they still had McDyess' partially guaranteed contract, let alone before they brought in Diaw. Johnson's way too expensive to be a fourth big and positionally, the only area the Raptors could use depth at is the point, which the Spurs can't help them with. So there's no fit there.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amir Johnson would be a really good option. The adjusted plus minus numbers are almost as high on him as Bonner, and a trade Like Bonner, Byars(Non guaranteed contract) + Blair could be a good deal for both teams.
    After that a stretch big becomes an option, so Leuer(or Vlad Radmanovic) could come into play.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c37bgnp

Definitely interesting to see the athletic big mentioned by Bones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN

Kawhi Leonard had left wrist wrapped in ice when he emerged to meet media. "I just banged it on the floor. I'm alright."

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120717_joseph

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120717_leonard
    Last edited by ace3g; 07-17-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Thread Information