is gonna be special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    STUD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a beast, plain and simple. And he's still only 21. Crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope those knees hold up. Looking good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasting his career playing behind 3tosb and bench of 1 dimensional players who only specified in certain skillset only...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasting his career playing behind 3tosb and bench of 1 dimensional players who only specified in certain skillset only...
    It'll only be one more year son, then he'll be set loose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker Kawhi and Baynes will create a potent attack as the next generation of spurs, Tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker Kawhi and Baynes will create a potent attack as the next generation of spurs, Tbh.
    u mention the frog who loves to dissappear in big games, lol fake ass leader taking this team to nowhere...seriously man ppl should stop mentioning that clown anywhere near KL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony can bet he leader as long as he defers to Kawhi when it matters tbh, ala Jason Kidd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony can bet he leader as long as he defers to Kawhi when it matters tbh, ala Jason Kidd.
    now when was the time he defer to anyone?

the only time he defers is when his out injured, which i hope to see more of, or KL going to another team....his too damn good to be playing behind a fake ass leader

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is Tony and Tim's team right now whether or not it SHOULD be Leonard leading it (as long as TD is a Spur he's the leader). Pop encourages Tony to do what he does when the game's on the line. In a couple seasons when Leonard takes over Tony will defer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he certainly has a place in the NBA, and will consistently be a solid role player, but that's about it. Nothing wrong with that though. I'd say more of a Shane Battier, Tony Allen type of player. Mostly defense, capable of putting up some points when his team needs him to, but not necessarily a scorer.
    stretch

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's a great defender, I haven't seen anyone do a better job on Lebron in the playoffs since Bowen in 07 Finals.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TYBL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his doing a better job t het paul george atm defending lebron

dude seriously got robbed of a all defensive team selection...

his offense, has shown me enough that he could beat his man off the dribble and attack the rim...too bad the spurs dont allow him the green card to play more iso

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Grit and Grind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll make some All-Star games, maybe two or so.

But he'll be a large component of our success going forward, most importantly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basement for Leonard as he grows - Shawn Marion.

Ceiling - Scottie Pippen?!

In reality Pippen would have done no better on Bron so far this series. The kid is growing into a monster b4 our eyes. Sometime down the track when Pop gives him the scoring green light watch out. Pippen not out of the question tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard is every bit as good of a rebounder as Pippen. Obviously his perimeter defense, while top 10 in the league, is nowhere near Scottie's, the greatest perimeter defender of all-time, but if he puts in the work, he could very well be the best or second best perimeter defender in the NBA. Offensively, it's tough to tell what kind of potential he has since his scoring role is limited with the Spurs. I don't ever see him becoming an elite scorer, since he lacks the footspeed and freakish athleticism of the league's best wings, but he can still be an effective 15-18ppg scorer because of his length, offensive rebounding prowess, and ever improving fundamentals (see: turn around jumper in Game 1. A move he didn't have at the beginning of the year).

Leonard's ceiling is probably a "middle-class" Scottie Pippen, which is nothing to scoff at.

He's already better than Battier and Tony Allen ever was, though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    By next year he should be no worst than 3rd option. If that happens he should post numbers like:

13-15 ppg
    7-9 rpg
    3-5 apg
    2-3 spg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By next year he should be no worst than 3rd option. If that happens he should post numbers like:

13-15 ppg
    7-9 rpg
    3-5 apg
    2-3 spg
    He's from Riverside. Grew up a Lakers fan.

Do it, Mitch?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's from Riverside. Grew up a Lakers fan.

Do it, Mitch?
    MWP for KL - take it or leave it sn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MWP for KL - take it or leave it sn

You do have a nice, young SF in Earl Clark, though. I think the Lakers need to take next year off so to speak and develop their young guys. Clark and Glock got some upside, but it's tough to develop youth when you're in constant "championship or bust" mode. Kobe should also not rush himself back and let these young guys own the floor for a half the season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You do have a nice, young SF in Earl Clark, though. I think the Lakers need to take next year off so to speak and develop their young guys. Clark and Glock got some upside, but it's tough to develop youth when you're in constant "championship or bust" mode. Kobe should also not rush himself back and let these young guys own the floor for a half the season.
    Agreed. I like Clark, but I'm not sure how much of last year was a fluke. He did show flashes though. I hope his inconsistencies allow MK to re-sign him on the cheap.

On a separate note, I'm hoping Kobe retires (considering the bolded). There's nothing left for him to prove and the Lakers need to move forward. If he wins #6 it won't do much more for his legacy - which is cemented already. His NTC, stubborn ways, and the strong possibility of him not coming back 100% anyway will prevent us from developing players for the future. We'll have to cut the Kobe-umbilical cord one day. The sooner the better IMO.

Thread Information