Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    same thing happened to him week 1 last year. dez gets so hype and plays so hard he gets dehydrated.

Post Count
    Well, I think the questions are definitley valid. Lot's of guys get hyped and play crazy (Dez is not the first, nor the last). Never seen guys needing an IV for that before (Ray Lewis, others). Just su ious.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    you're confusing dehydration for being fatigued and out of shape and that's okay

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    you keep mentioning teams with a whole different style of offense. AB sees it ton because martavis and wheaton aren't ready to be that number 2 threat just yet and bell is a running back. demariyus had 111 catches and emmanuel had 101 catches, damn near the same amount of catches. seems like you want us to be a pass first team like, but that's not our iden y. if we can't muster up a running game then we can make that adjustment. dez is always at the top of the league in receptions, yards and TD's, fam.

i don't mind athletes holding out. especially elite ones. your career isn't promised and you have to get your money while you can. this is a business.
    You miss my point. # of targets is not the end game tbh, the point is using him in creative ways. If it leads to more targets, great! If not, it should open up more dynamic plays forr the rest of the team. I like the emphasis on the run game and hope this loss of Dez for 4-6 weeks forces the team to remain balanced. but I still dont think our team does a good enough job of getting the ball to Dez. Linehan has been much better as a play-caller than Callahan/JG etc. but for a guy making the money he does we need to use Dez better. The raw talent he has, the great hands ...he has been great but he could be better imho. Some of it is on Dez some of it on the OC and Garrett ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 09-14-2015 at 11:30 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You miss my point. # of targets is not the end game tbh, the point is using him in creative ways. If it leads to more targets, great! If not it should open up more dynamic plays ofr the rest of the team. I like the emphasis on the run game and hope this loss of Dez for 4-6 weeks forces the team to remain balanced. but I still dont think our team does a good enough job of getting the ball to Dez. Linehan has been much better as a play-caller than Callahan etc. but for a guy making the money he does we need to use Dez better. The raw talent he has the great hands he has been great but he could be better imho.
    respect

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, this isn't even the first time Dez has had to go in for an IV for dehydration. It happened a few times last year too. And Mike Fisher tweeted out yesterday that the Cowboys' strength and conditioning coaches said that Dez was in phenomenal shape, so I don't think it's from being out of shape or unprepared.

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yeah, this isn't even the first time Dez has had to go in for an IV for dehydration. It happened a few times last year too. And Mike Fisher tweeted out yesterday that the Cowboys' strength and conditioning coaches said that Dez was in phenomenal shape, so I don't think it's from being out of shape or unprepared.
    probably not hydrating himself during the game.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I agree with Depps there is some issues with Dez, but I also agree we dont use him enough or well. The way the Steelers use ABrown, Giants used ODB last year, Falcons use Julio, Broncos use DT should be the blueprint. Dez has far less targets than those guys, but more TD's. Staff has improved but to become elite Dez should be able to get touches despite double teams or bracket coverage.
    Like I said Julio

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Dallas...utler-39463005

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i'm happy they didn't get a vet. i think we're good with the WR core we have. only vet i'd be willing to bring in is randy moss.

Post Count
    i'm happy they didn't get a vet. i think we're good with the WR core we have. only vet i'd be willing to bring in is randy moss.
    Really? I may just be pessimistic but Dallas to me has one of the weakest WR corps in the league. Dez made them good, but if Twill is your 2nd best WR & Cole Beasley is your 3rd, that's bad IMO.

All the other top offenses have way more legit 2nd/3rd weapons. Cowboys seem really thin there on talent/potential.

Green Bay: Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Jones
    Det: Calvin, Tate
    Atl: Julio, Roddy
    Denver: DThom, Sanders
    Etc...

Most teams seem to have a much better top 2 WR core, but Dez was so good that he made up for it. Sure Cowboys have Witten, but their actual WR depth is a little scary for me. Could work out, but doesn't seem like a sure bet at all.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    spurraider21 any news on this guy?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Really? I may just be pessimistic but Dallas to me has one of the weakest WR corps in the league. Dez made them good, but if Twill is your 2nd best WR & Cole Beasley is your 3rd, that's bad IMO.

All the other top offenses have way more legit 2nd/3rd weapons. Cowboys seem really thin there on talent/potential.

Etc...

Most teams seem to have a much better top 2 WR core, but Dez was so good that he made up for it. Sure Cowboys have Witten, but their actual WR depth is a little scary for me. Could work out, but doesn't seem like a sure bet at all.
    respect

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Etc...

I think you are being pessimistic tbh We are absolutely loaded with talent but questions remain. Can Lucky Whitehead and Devin Street step up and make plays? Can we lean on our backup tight ends Escobar and James Hannah a bit more? Will Brice Butler work out? We certainly can't turn the ball over like we did and expect to win without Dez, that's for sure. The running game looked pretty good, and Randle looks ready to take the reigns as the full time back. He can also catch out of the backfield and has shown he can also run pretty good routes. No need to hit the panic button just yet imo

Post Count
    I'm just talking about WR depth. Romo looks great. The o-line is incredible. Run game looks good enough to gain yards on the ground or via pass.

I don't think anyone is really hyped about any of the WR's on Dallas outside of Dez. They do well because Dez is a monster and Romo really good, but are they talented like most other WR 2/3's? I don't think so. Doesn't mean they can't funtion, just means it's a serious question mark in my mind.

Post Count
    Is that your way of just not wanting to talk about it ?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I like him a lot. Great height/speed guy. He should thrive imo

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Post Count
    I like him a lot. Great height/speed guy. He should thrive imo
    Why the did the Raiders let him go then??

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Why the did the Raiders let him go then??
    he's been a pet favorite of mine for about 2 seasons now, he's been wildly productive in preseason for a couple of years now, and has had some good NFL moments. he just doesn't get to the field much. he'll do better on a team like the cowboys than he would with the raiders

the breakaway speed is real

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Something has to be wrong if the speed obsessed Raiders let a 4.35ish receiver go.

Post Count
    he's been a pet favorite of mine for about 2 seasons now, he's been wildly productive in preseason for a couple of years now, and has had some good NFL moments. he just doesn't get to the field much. he'll do better on a team like the cowboys than he would with the raiders

the breakaway speed is real

Not doubting the talent - I really don't understand why he would be traded? If he's young and has shown flashes why would the Raiders dump him? It's not like they have a ton of stacked WRs.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the raiders also parted ways with Sio Moore this offseason. probably the new coaching staff doing stupid "i want MY guys" bull

Thread Information