Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think even the HOU one was minor. It's just the Spurs MO to be overcautious. That's why I think this talk of shutting him down bc it's a threat to the rest of his career is dumb. He's fine, it's a simple day-to-day injury. In the RS noone would even think twice about how it would affect his future. It's just bad luck (the first two atleast) that it happened at such an inopportune time, tbh.
    You keep saying "he is fine" dude. Kawhi even admitted he couldn't go. You keep downplaying this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MRI came back, no structural damage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so why did they get an MRI?
    To be safe and see exactly what the injury is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurraider21, they obviously wanted the MRI to get further info on the injury and see if there was anything more serious. I mean, they had to get one, they couldn't not get one and then let him go out there and play not knowing the full extent of the injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not related, but why the is TP being listed as out still . I mean, he had surgery, everyone knows he's done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Memphis coach jinxed Kawhi with the "robot who bleeds antifreeze" statement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Memphis coach jinxed Kawhi with the "robot who bleeds antifreeze" statement.
    Maybe he's right and we'll see Kawhi in game 2 and he scores 40

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not related, but why the is TP being listed as out still . I mean, he had surgery, everyone knows he's done.
    Bureaucracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think even the HOU one was minor. It's just the Spurs MO to be overcautious. That's why I think this talk of shutting him down bc it's a threat to the rest of his career is dumb. He's fine, it's a simple day-to-day injury. In the RS noone would even think twice about how it would affect his future. It's just bad luck (the first two atleast) that it happened at such an inopportune time, tbh.
    The angle of the twists did not look that dramatic (sometimes they're almost 90 degrees).

The Spurs are way cautious with this type of injury, almost uniquely so.

But if he's in pain, he probably shouldn't play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The angle of the twists did not look that dramatic (sometimes they're almost 90 degrees).

The Spurs are way cautious with this type of injury, almost uniquely so.

But if he's in pain, he probably shouldn't play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep saying "he is fine" dude. Kawhi even admitted he couldn't go. You keep downplaying this.
    I'm pretty sure Kawhi said he thought he could play in Game 6 and him not playing was Pop's decision. Even Pop himself said they came really close to playing him.

I'm not saying he's 100%. All I'm saying is there's a huge difference between being day-to-day and being so injured that playing can put your future at risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Mike didn't C Wright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't players wear ankle braces anymore? That would've helped.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure Kawhi said he thought he could play in Game 6 and him not playing was Pop's decision. Even Pop himself said they came really close to playing him.

I'm not saying he's 100%. All I'm saying is there's a huge difference between being day-to-day and being so injured that playing can put your future at risk.
    Im talking about game 1 of the warriors series. He couldnt even walk, much less run.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't players wear ankle braces anymore? That would've helped.
    The more bracing you get, the more force you put on your knees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im talking about game 1 of the warriors series. He couldnt even walk, much less run.
    Well no , bro. I'm not saying he faked it during Game 1. I do believe it was enough to knock him out for the game and keep him sidelined for a day or two (hence day-to-day). But in the grand scheme of things that's a pretty minor injury. Playing after he's cleared is not going to put his future at risk.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well no , bro. I'm not saying he faked it during Game 1. I do believe it was enough to knock him out for the game and keep him sidelined for a day or two (hence day-to-day). But in the grand scheme of things that's a pretty minor injury. Playing after he's cleared is not going to put his future at risk.
    Cleared to play doesn't mean he's 100%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleared to play doesn't mean he's 100%.
    Probably not. But it's much closer to 100% than it is to him being so injured that it will put his career at risk.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not. But it's much closer to 100% than it is to him being so injured that it will put his career at risk.
    He's already sprained it 3 times. His other leg has a injured knee. He was probably over compensating on his ankle and got it injured. He is worn down right now.

You don't know for a fact that he is gonna be fine, and that is the thing that scares me. That's dangerous thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already sprained it 3 times. His other leg has a injured knee. He was probably over compensating on his ankle and got it injured. He is worn down right now.

You don't know for a fact that he is gonna be fine, and that is the thing that scares me. That's dangerous thinking.
    Nah bro he wasn't overcompensating, it's not like his ankle gave out on it's own. The first two were just bad luck with him stepping on Harden and Lee. The third was a dirty play by Zaza. Pop and the Spurs are as conservative as it gets with injuries...if there was even a tiny chance that this could affect his future they would've shut him down already. They're just minor sprains. Our boy will be back for Game 3.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah bro he wasn't overcompensating, it's not like his ankle gave out on it's own. The first two were just bad luck with him stepping on Harden and Lee. The third was a dirty play by Zaza. Pop and the Spurs are as conservative as it gets with injuries...if there was even a tiny chance that this could affect his future they would've shut him down already. They're just minor sprains. Our boy will be back for Game 3.
    If he steps on harden with a healthy ankle and knee, does he get injured? Probably not. I've seen these guys step on feet all the time. Being worn down makes it easier to get injured on a basketball play is what I'm saying. I know he stepped on harden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he steps on harden with a healthy ankle and knee, does he get injured? Probably not. I've seen these guys step on feet all the time. Being worn down makes it easier to get injured on a basketball play is what I'm saying. I know he stepped on harden.
    What was wrong with his ankle prior to stepping on Harden? It was healthy. Sometimes injuries just happen.

He probably is worn down at this stage of the season but so is every other top guy who's team is still standing. You can't just shut him down for being worn down. That's weak.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was wrong with his ankle prior to stepping on Harden? It was healthy. Sometimes injuries just happen.

He probably is worn down at this stage of the season but so is every other top guy who's team is still standing. You can't just shut him down for being worn down. That's weak.
    He's worn down and injured though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's worn down and injured though.
    He won't be injured when he's cleared to play.

He'll be more vulnerable coming off the injury than he would have been if he never suffered the injury, but that doesn't make him still injured.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the scouting reports and analyses b4 the series and I bet nobody would have imagined that Pachulia will shut down Leonard

Thread Information