Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo looks weak. His game lacks fire.

On Ariel's list,
    as Primo looks now I would rank him.

He would be in the McGowens to Beauchamp tier, ahead of McGowens but behind Beauchamp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/basketball/players-commitment-canada-basketball-olympics-1.6463969

Canada Senior men's national team summer core

• Nickeil Alexander-Walker
    • R.J. Barrett
    • Khem Birch
    • Oshae Brissett
    • Dillon Brooks
    • Luguentz Dort
    • Zach Edey
    • Melvin Ejim
    • Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
    • Cory Joseph
    • Jamal Murray
    • Kelly Olynyk
    • Kevin Pangos
    • Dwight Powell
    Should hopefully serve as motivation for Primo. Team is requiring a 3-year committment from its players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be curious to see if he can improve his game because his metrics aren't good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Primo a reach at 12 ? Yeah I think he was - in the short term. Think of the players selected after him and then make a comparison before disagreeing. It didn't look all that good after one season. Consider this though, what spurs rookie not named Tim, David or even Kawhai has averaged over 6 points in their first season? Six points isn't much right now but that doesn't mean he won't get better next season and improve overall as well. I'll cut the kid some slack for another year. By then we should know if he was truly a reach. At that point we can cut our losses and say adios while looking towards the next draft.

Granted, there is no sure thing in the NBA draft, but If you can get a really solid player with an observable skillset, do it. Don't draft some other guy who might, maybe, possibly develop that skill some day. You'll be waiting a while for that and spurs fans aren't all that patient. So far I like the kid as a player, and with some more experience he can prove to us and the team that he really wasn't such a reach after all, unlike that en led euro slacker Luka Sandwich.

I can hear the other GM's telling Pop he selected the wrong Luka --- just kidding Brian Wright probably made that poor selection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Primo a reach at 12 ? Yeah I think he was - in the short term. Think of the players selected after him and then make a comparison before disagreeing. It didn't look all that good after one season. Consider this though, what spurs rookie not named Tim, David or even Kawhai has averaged over 6 points in their first season? Six points isn't much right now but that doesn't mean he won't get better next season and improve overall as well. I'll cut the kid some slack for another year. By then we should know if he was truly a reach. At that point we can cut our losses and say adios while looking towards the next draft.

Granted, there is no sure thing in the NBA draft, but If you can get a really solid player with an observable skillset, do it. Don't draft some other guy who might, maybe, possibly develop that skill some day. You'll be waiting a while for that and spurs fans aren't all that patient. So far I like the kid as a player, and with some more experience he can prove to us and the team that he really wasn't such a reach after all, unlike that en led euro slacker Luka Sandwich.

I can hear the other GM's telling Pop he selected the wrong Luka --- just kidding Brian Wright probably made that poor selection.
    I think Luka was RC.

If you’re not at the top of the draft, there’s usually only two ways to go. You draft a more ready to go player, but one that is already pretty much topped out and developed, or you draft a wild card who might bust, be average, or be a star. Examples of the former are Clarke and Duarte. Examples of the latter would be Sammich or Primo. If you go the first route, you’re never going to get a franchise guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I would trust the judgment of the Spurs, arguably the best drafting team in the NBA, over that of a random scout.

They believe he will be a star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I would trust the judgment of the Spurs, arguably the best drafting team in the NBA, over that of a random scout.

They believe he will be a star.
    Coaches make mistakes, front offices make mistakes, scouts make mistakes , but like you said, the spurs are one of the best drafting teams in the NBA who typically keep their mistakes to a minimum. Time will tell, it always does and its usually not wrong. As spurs fans, we just have to put our faith in the spurs front office and hope for the best come draft day. As they say in school Make good choices, make good choices ! Time will tell, it always does.
    Last edited by jjspur; 05-28-2022 at 10:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is featured on the Ja Morant dunk of the year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol he‘ll be 23 in 2026 and you dudes are here panicking about a 19-year old?
    sounds like a luka samanic post from 2 years ago

im fine with taking a player who is supposed to be a long term project. im just not fine with that player being a lottery selection

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds like a luka samanic post from 2 years ago

im fine with taking a player who is supposed to be a long term project. im just not fine with that player being a lottery selection
    Sammich would still be here if he weren’t allergic to getting back on D. His problem was never talent, it was at ude.

Outside of the top 3-4 picks, all lottery picks are projects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sammich would still be here if he weren’t allergic to getting back on D. His problem was never talent, it was at ude.

Outside of the top 3-4 picks, all lottery picks are projects.
    not in the sense that they arent expected to be good until year 3-4

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo showed advanced moves this year that some of you choose to acknowledge. Primo will be fine……..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not in the sense that they arent expected to be good until year 3-4
    No one sees Primo as a 4 year project, and none of our post Duncan picks have showed out any earlier than year 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one sees Primo as a 4 year project, and none of our post Duncan picks have showed out any earlier than year 3.
    we havent exactly been getting regular lottery picks post-duncan, so thats not a great pool to look at. but even then, off the top of my head we have had guys like george hill, dejuan blair, kawhi, keldon all become positive contributors by their first or second seasons. probably missing a bunch as well

as to "nobody sees primo as a 4 year project" i had specifically responded to a post talking about how old he'd be in 2026 lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo showed advanced moves this year that some of you choose to acknowledge. Primo will be fine……..
    I agree, he’ll be fine. Also, folks should go back and look at the players drafted after him in the first round (a remember Buknight was drafted before him). I don’t see anything there to suggest they whiffed tbh. Maybe Duarte and 2nd rounder Jones, but one is old and NO ONE saw Jones.
    Last edited by CGD; 06-04-2022 at 05:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we havent exactly been getting regular lottery picks post-duncan, so thats not a great pool to look at. but even then, off the top of my head we have had guys like george hill, dejuan blair, kawhi, keldon all become positive contributors by their first or second seasons. probably missing a bunch as well

as to "nobody sees primo as a 4 year project" i had specifically responded to a post talking about how old he'd be in 2026 lol
    A) we’re talking post Duncan. Not sure about you.
    B) the 2026 thing was an obvious joke. I think he even used an emoji.

Lighten up, and show a little patience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some scout says he’d go in the second round if he was in this years draft
    Brilliant move by pop
    And I ain’t got nothing agin the kid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Inflation is just a temporary phenomenon. Rising rates won’t hurt anyone. The economy will be fine.”

-ATL Spur

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's talking about since Duncan retired. Keldon is still a negative player. He had a good stretch in the bubble where he shot insanely from three, but his D is still overwhelming his offense right now.

White's the only draft pick since Tim retired that's been good before year three. To some extent, it's normal for young players to not be positive contributors even when they're playing well. Look at Ja. I think looking at most stats isn't going to tell you if Primo played well. I thought he was some straight shooting from being the best true rookie the Spurs have had in a long time. People who didn't want him in the d-league weren't expecting him to dominate or even be a high option on the Spurs. That's not why we wanted him there. He was supposed to struggle, learn and adjust. That learning curve and him having his realistic assignment to play in will help him way more than him dribbling against has-beens and never-weres in Austin. He knows what he really has to work on and where he really has to be physically to hang. Hopefully, he'll spend the summer working on shooting threes rather than learning to shoot midrange shots like most of the last few picks have done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Inflation is just a temporary phenomenon. Rising rates won’t hurt anyone. The economy will be fine.”

-ATL Spur
    You betcha

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Williams is already the player that Spurs fans imagine Primo could eventually turn into, and he might slide out of the lottery.

Primo is just too slow and ground bound.

Knowing everything we know now, in this draft I think Primo is still a first rounder with his size. Maybe late first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seem to recall a pretty impressive summer league showing for Primo which may explain the high expectations but I agree he looks like he hit a rookie wall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is featured on the Ja Morant dunk of the year

Haha I wonder if Ja Morant even knows who Primo is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A) we’re talking post Duncan. Not sure about you.
    B) the 2026 thing was an obvious joke. I think he even used an emoji.

Lighten up, and show a little patience.
    Unless he develops a skill at his age very few ppl ever do, then he's capped at being a shooter for us. Which we need desperately. But it doesn't take away that he was a reach.

Thread Information