Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    worth pointing out in this regard that it was Colorado Republicans, not Democrats, who filed the lawsuit.
    kind of…

sure he will be left off the ballot -but this action/decision alone is not punitve as the decision wont get him incarcerated - or fined or punished

same as a 21 yr old trying to get on the ballot

in that sense it isnt punitive
    Especially when it is your own state party which filed the lawsuit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats begin move to block Trump from ballot in New York

State Sen. Brad Hoylman-Sigal, D-Manhattan, issued a letter to the state Board of Elections on Dec. 7 urging the board to exercise its cons utional duty and “immediately exclude” Trump from the ballot.

Hoylman-Sigal, in a letter co-signed by four of his Democratic Senate colleagues, alleges Trump indisputably committed an insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021, and therefore is barred from holding office as president.
    https://www.timesunion.com/state/art...k-18568651.php

Motion filed to remove Trump from Virginia ballots
    “Mr. Trump has declared his candidacy for president again in 2024,” reads the motion. “However, under the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Cons ution, Mr. Trump is cons utionally ineligible to appear on any future ballot for federal office based on his engagement in insurrection against the United States.”
    https://www.wric.com/news/virginia-n...ginia-ballots/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We learned that tact from you, ya dummy, you. And only practiced it AFTER Trump made President. Why? Simple, the RINO's scattered like the vermin they were and remain. You'd always done it and are damn good at it.

***And another thing, Lumps; act like somebody and quote me instead of answering me freehand so nobody can see you conversing with the pariah. I've stood by you in broad daylight with Dumps. And took great joy bearing witness as you cleaned that er's clock.
    Tell it Cubby!

Testify!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Historically, no previous prosecution has been required to disqualify people from office, and indeed, after the passage of the 14th Amendment, Congress was deluged by pe ions to restore eligibility from thousands of people who understood themselves to be already disqualified.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tell it Cubby!

Testify!
    You damn right, da, and Merry Christmas to you. You're a grand fellow. Whenever I become a bit downtrodden and low you're there and it brings me back to the fore.

Bless your heart, da.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You damn right, da, and Merry Christmas to you. You're a grand fellow. Whenever I become a bit downtrodden and low you're there and it brings me back to the fore.

Bless your heart, da.
    Merry Christmas buddy!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to run for office, don't commit insurrection, tbh.

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Meh, let’s see if this happens in a swing state. That would be when it’s time to get the popcorn out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No self-respecting insurrectionist should take this lying down!

if you cannot attempt a coup and other such ery without a bunch of libs removing you from the next election you plan to cheat on-

what kind of a dictatorship is this anyways?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    States rights!
    states rights!
    states rights!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Meh, let’s see if this happens in a swing state. That would be when it’s time to get the popcorn out.
    Well, it’s important to see if the SCOTUS decides to weigh in or not. Swing states will join in. Whether the Supreme Court decides to go against the Cons ution is the bigger tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it’s important to see if the SCOTUS decides to weigh in or not. Swing states will join in. Whether the Supreme Court decides to go against the Cons ution is the bigger tell.
    The precedent either way will definitely dictate how it goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to run for office, don't commit insurrection, tbh.
    Oaths used to mean something. If you swear to uphold the cons ution, protect the US (i.e., protect it from violent attack) and faithfully execute laws you don't trash them and expect to remain in government

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    J6 was a violent attack on the US government.

Trump sat on his hands for hours, watching it on TV, ignoring aides, members of Congress and Sean Hannity pleading with him do do something about it because he thought the violence was to his personal benefit.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oaths used to mean something. If you swear to uphold the cons ution, protect the US (i.e., protect it from violent attack) and faithfully execute laws you don't trash them and expect to remain in government
    True, then Trump took his oath and before he could get to the White House you side threatened to blow it up.

Your side tore up & tore apart this country, and dad, it's a stayin' that-a-wayPERIOD

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    True, then Trump took his oath and before he could get to the White House you side threatened to blow it up.

Your side tore up & tore apart this country, and dad, it's a stayin' that-a-wayPERIOD
    Your side threatened to hang 44.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since you quoted him I had to read it.
    Thinking I will use El No No cure.

Anyways.... Thread is convinced that Madonna is a terrorist who knows how to produce bombs and had all the plans laid out and the timing to blow up Trump. Old Tread, of course, is in a state of dementia along with psychotic paranoia. So the equivalence he makes is Madonna (who had no way to carry out anything) and Trump who really did coordinate and carry out a vast effort in swing states he lost to change the results. AND did nothing about stopping his mob after saying very clearly, "go down there and fight like ".

Its these kind of false equivalences that show the red team core member cannot be reasoned with. And are a real danger to democracy. They believe its impossible to lose an election and if they do lose, they will change it the easiest way. No fake ballots necessary. Just go right to the heart of the matter and change the State vote for them.

And now we have Clarence Thomas, whose wife was apart of the effort to overthrow the election, refusing to recuse himself from rulings dealing with the insurrection. So its spread from the WH, to the congress, and the judiciary. The red team members with half a conscience who see this happen are quitting. Just giving up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Cite it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Since you quoted him I had to read it.
    Thinking I will use El No No cure.

Anyways.... Thread is convinced that Madonna is a terrorist who knows how to produce bombs and had all the plans laid out and the timing to blow up Trump. Old Tread, of course, is in a state of dementia along with psychotic paranoia. So the equivalence he makes is Madonna (who had no way to carry out anything) and Trump who really did coordinate and carry out a vast effort in swing states he lost to change the results. AND did nothing about stopping his mob after saying very clearly, "go down there and fight like ".

Its these kind of false equivalences that show the red team core member cannot be reasoned with. And are a real danger to democracy. They believe its impossible to lose an election and if they do lose, they will change it the easiest way. No fake ballots necessary. Just go right to the heart of the matter and change the State vote for them.

And now we have Clarence Thomas, whose wife was apart of the effort to overthrow the election, refusing to recuse himself from rulings dealing with the insurrection. So its spread from the WH, to the congress, and the judiciary. The red team members with half a conscience who see this happen are quitting. Just giving up.
    Trump took his oath and before he could get to the White House your side threatened to blow it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those complaining about the lack of due process in Colorado, while it's true that there was no criminal prosecution, there was a five day trial, held specifically to determine if Trump participated in insurrection. Since the stakes were Trump's eligibility for office and not his personal freedom, the lower civil standard of proof does not seem inappropriate. Qualification disputes don't ordinarily take place in criminal courtrooms.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For those complaining about the lack of due process in Colorado, while it's true that there was no criminal prosecution, there was a five day trial, held specifically to determine if Trump participated in insurrection. Since the stakes were Trump's eligibility for office and not his personal freedom, the lower civil standard of proof does not seem inappropriate. Qualification disputes don't ordinarily take place in criminal courtrooms.
    Old Winestein!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    States rights!
    states rights!
    states rights!
    The Colorado SC quoted a ruling by then-judge, Neil Gorsuch, on the very question of whether states get to disqualify people from state election ballots:

'a state's legitimate interest in protecting the integrity and practical functioning of the political process permits the state to exclude from the ballot candidates who are cons utionally prohibited from assuming office.'

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    States rights!
    states rights!
    states rights!

citizens arrest!

Thread Information