My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keldon isnt playing
    So now we are worried about KJ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not out of nowhere. Popovich used to put plantar fasciitis or other bull to keep extra players on the roster. League responded by making the inactive spots and then it evolved from there.

Now today both are miraculously ready to play and the 5 on the other side of the Wemby dichotomy is DNP. Worry about Sochan's knee if you like.
    keldon isnt playing
    So now we are worried about KJ?
    now you're just not engaging anymore

im out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes ZERO sense to play anyone who is injured even if it is just a little tweak....It's PRESEASON...........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he’ll start at pg

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he’ll start at pg
    think tre may be the starting pg....Both there offence is shaky,We need a pg who can shoot 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not convinced at all with Sochan as point guard.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not convinced at all with Sochan as point guard.
    Why

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didnt really make the team better....It tre goes down,Sure make him the pg....But hes not really a difference in playmaking compared to tre imo
    Both are average at passing,Both cant really shoot,Both are decent at defence,Both are average at rebounding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?? He struggled getting the ball up the court. It doesn't put him in the right position to play to his strengths. He's not good enough for initiating actions at this point both for ballhandling and because he's not an outside threat.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didnt really make the team better....It tre goes down,Sure make him the pg....But hes not really a difference in playmaking compared to tre imo
    Both are average at passing,Both cant really shoot,Both are decent at defence,Both are average at rebounding
    I mean can we let him develop a bit first?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me he's a really strong secondary playmaker and can be a mismatch in a lot of ways. As primary, just don't see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you want to teleport Future Sochan to now, I don't see it effective right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan at PG is just Pop experimenting different lineups. He will be SF/PF and occassionally play point-forward, and maybe PG to close games to tighten defense and get KJ off the bench

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me he's a really strong secondary playmaker and can be a mismatch in a lot of ways. As primary, just don't see it.
    yea for sure....think he can take advantage in posting up smaller players and making plays....Sucks hes not a shooter,Would make this team deadly

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea sure....But he needs to develop his shot before anything else....Hes still young to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair to Sochan today, he was being picked up aggressively full court from a player fighting for his NBA life. Not sure he gets that attention from players pacing themselves for 82 games.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair to Sochan today, he was being picked up aggressively full court from a player fighting for his NBA life. Not sure he gets that attention from players pacing themselves for 82 games.
    He sure will get pressure since he isn't a true pg( not his natural position) and teams will challenge him on playing pg.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan at PG is just Pop experimenting different lineups. He will be SF/PF and occassionally play point-forward, and maybe PG to close games to tighten defense and get KJ off the bench
    It is a lock Sochan starts at PG. Baffles me that a lot of people still can't process this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked pretty bad tonight

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did not look smooth or confident with the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was his first real game in 7 months ... of course he will not look smooth. And he will not face full court pressure like this in the RS.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tbh i like sochan but i didnt see this coming
    He ran point last year. Many of us who actually watched the games called this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you want to teleport Future Sochan to now, I don't see it effective right now.
    Future Sochan was allowed to develop at some point. You do get this whole Mulligan year, where we see how the pieces fit, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Future Sochan was allowed to develop at some point. You do get this whole Mulligan year, where we see how the pieces fit, right?
    A bad point guard can stunt everyone. It means you're getting stunted sets and reduced shot clocks. I mean, I've been a huge fan of Sochan since before he was drafted. I'm fine with this but I'm not in love with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bad point guard can stunt everyone. It means you're getting stunted sets and reduced shot clocks. I mean, I've been a huge fan of Sochan since before he was drafted. I'm fine with this but I'm not in love with it.

I don’t think anyone loves it right now. He needs work. The idea of a 6’9” PG feeding Wemby is just too tantalizing to resist, though. That would give us huge size advantages in two positions.

Thread Information