Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2882
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the police timeline has been written on water, tbh

endless backflipping to spin their failure and to try to revive their presige.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Those hats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    & the Uvalde Chief of Police? Colored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But they're wearing hats tho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freedom of speech bad again as before
    He's white so MLB and right wing hate me to you won't trash him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the same assholes who created qualified immunity,

they have also ruled that citizens are not en led to protection from law enforcement.

That's now the ing law of the land

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's white so MLB and right wing hate me to you won't trash him
    I think they'll finger wag a bit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Megan Markle did, but she didn't bring an entourage or tell anyone who she was. She just volunteered.

Texas photographers got pictures, but few were aware of who she was until after she left.
    ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would you know? Once upon a time was kind of ok at target shooting with a rifle. I think it's fun and have seldom turned down invitations. Not that that's relevant to anything

Schools wouldn't be such soft targets if it weren't so easy for randos to outgun the police.
    Sure they would. The target's accessibility and inability to defend itself is what makes it a soft target. It has nothing to do with how easy it is to get firearms. When it takes the police an hour to respond, you really can only consider them a cleanup crew. This is something most personal defense advocates have stressed for eons. Kids cannot defend themselves so it's up to the system that takes custody of them to provide defense for them. We can spend billions of taxpayer dollars for sports venues but schools, especially in rural areas like that, are basically left on their own. Didn't matter 30 years ago. It matters now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Attacking ANY party candidate that has been elected to serve his or her region for our government is a very severe action.
    These elected people should and are protected closely.

All that had to happen in reality is a guy with orange make up needed to clearly stay stop this right now and gtfoh.
    This is NOT what I want.

He did nothing of the sort and he was asked to very early on. He put police and rioters in a very dangerous situation.
    So we come all the way back to Snake putting up a post of an ex president judging school shootings and enjoying riots that end up with people getting killed and hurt. Trump could have stopped this easily as he started it.
    Trump is just the object of affection for the right wing nutjobs, a focal point for their hatred and fervor. They were like this before Trump and will be like this afterward. They would not have listened to him regardless, because they had an agenda before he took office (which is how he got there) and it won't change until someone draws a line. Both sides are afraid to draw that line except in rhetoric.

The nation was desensitized to destruction of property, burning and looting over the past few years. Don't expect sudden shifts in respectful behavior and decorum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because leftists paint conservatives as evil for not implementing their solutions to a small number of murders while ignoring 10s of thousands of deaths.
    So 19 kids is a small number of deaths? What 10's of thousands of deaths are you referring to? Abortion?

Because if so, I always thought God was a merciful god.. I thought you could repent your sins if you ask God.. I thought Jesus hung out with thieves and pros utes and didn't pass judgement on them? If somebody sins and aborts a baby, they will face judgment on their day of reckoning, no? I don't understand why Christians are so worried if the next man/woman is going to for the choices they made on Earth..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that's not just what you said, you also derived a conclusion from your own specious claim: "based on what I've read here, no one on the left understands guns well enough to get it done".

The only conclusion I can derive from that claim is that either didn't read what was written here or you have trouble understanding what you read.
    Sanity vs ignorance, they are not synonyms. You can draw that conclusion but that doesn't mean I said it. I wouldn't call it insane. I would call it haughty and hubris for the most part, thinking you have the answers to things you probably freely admit you don't understand - guns and existing gun laws. It doesn't mean you don't have a legit gripe but the solutions that are being suggested are just slinging at the wall. This isn't a new issue, surely someone on the left has done some research.
    How much about guns do you really need to know when discussing periodic mental health assessments? None.
    Health assessments are fine, but what's the end game and how do you get there? Since you don't know who has a gun, how do you know who to mentally assess? This is where existing gun law comes into play. If you knew that a federal firearms registration database is illegal you'd have to refer to state level databases, and most states don't have those. You'd need 50 different versions of the mental health assessment plan and somewhere along the way you'd need a confiscation and reissue program.

Just throwing out "mental health assessment" ignores how you get there.
    I think people here understands guns just fine. People here also understands that nobody needs to be a gun virtuoso to propose gun regulation.
    I've seen ample evidence to the contrary. People here on the left don't know the difference between a clip and a magazine. They don't know how long it takes to rerack an AR. They don't understand "evil features" like thumbhole stocks and bayonet lugs, and how firearm manufacturers skirt those silly little non-issues. The left focuses on how the gun looks, they do not focus on how it operates. If they did they'd go for a ban on all semiauto weapons since they are, in effect, all the same. I keep seeing "military grade" and "military style" and indications that people here think ammo is different in the military than in the civilian world. I see "hunting rounds" and "armor piercing" and all this . It's just noise.

Sure, anyone can propose gun regulation. Making it effective is the trick.
    Lastly, people here also understands that the 100 cats in Congress that regulate everything from saline waters to nuclear reactors are not experts of everything.
    I'd venture a guess that plenty on the right know more about guns than plenty on the left, and when bills are drafted by the left, the right already knows the limpact (my word for not really effective) and where the loopholes exist for gun manufacturers. I mean, unless you think the NRA doesn't understand guns or gun laws.
    Neither can you.
    Which is why I provide statutes and explain how guns work to those "I've shot at a target as a kid" folks. The left would be wise to have someone on their side who cannot be hoodwinked due to ignorance of facts.
    They do. And I know you're not this stupid, and have heard of something called the filibuster. But the point stands: conservative members of congress do value guns over life.
    Sounds like the left is powerless to effect real change.
    It's not a money problem, and we're not at war like Ukraine is, so those points are irrelevant.
    Sure it's a money problem. Try just walking into a reputable private school in an affluent district with a long gun. See how well that works. Those kids were at war that day. Take care of your own before you start donating to foreign causes. That seems pretty obvious to me.
    What's not irrelevant: when faced with the opportunity to do something about this, conservatives always choose the status quo.
    Isn't that what you just used as an excuse, the filibuster? Doesn't that basically mean the left has given up since they cannot seem to find it in them to do away with it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uvalde LE trained for this two months ago.

This is wrong. The officer reluctant to risk their life to save others shouldn't need to consider another career field. It should be forced upon them. These worthless fat s are check collecting tacticool gots who themselves when a situation develops and they cannot simply rely on overwhelming force to hide behind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably Texas Rangers, it's uniform.

25.01 General Dress. Texas Ranger personnel representing the Department in their official capacity are required to dress in an appropriate manner. The appropriate clothing is deemed to be conservative western attire. Appropriate clothing other than western attire may be acceptable if such is of a conservative nature and blends with the expected western clothing. To be dressed appropriately, Rangers are required to wear a western hat, a dress shirt, a tie, a dress coat, appropriate pants, western belt, western boots, and the official Texas Ranger badge pinned above the left shirt pocket. An approved handgun should be worn in a waist holster at all times.

Clothing that is worn, torn, or faded is prohibited. All clothing will be clean, neat, and with a pressed appearance. The exceptions to this policy will be outlined below, as well as definitions to certain words and phrases. Field Majors shall be responsible for defining the terms in this section, considered too vague in description, in order to promote uniformity within their company or within the Ranger's assigned area. Certain special or non-routine occasions may arise in which the field Major may specify a specific dress for wear, within these guidelines, in order to promote uniformity within the Rangers on the specified occasion.

Fanny Packs or Waist Purses. Fanny packs or waist purses are prohibited.

Hats. Hats will be light-colored and shaped in a businessman's style. Styles commonly called the Rancher or Cattleman will be the only styles acceptable. Brims must not exceed 4 inches or be flat with edges rolled up. Hats excessively crushed, rolled, or dipped are not acceptable. Members of the Ranger Division will own both a quality straw and quality felt hat. Palm-leaf styled hats are prohibited. The appropriate hat will usually be determined by the weather or assignment. Both types of hats will be kept clean. Faded or worn-out hats are expressly prohibited.

Dress Shirts. Shirts are defined as solid colored shirts or small-striped shirts. Shirts bearing outlandish designs or loud colors are expressly prohibited. Denim, faded or worn-out shirts are expressly prohibited. All shirts will be clean, neat and with a starched appearance at all times while on duty.

Tie. Ties will be conservative. Ties for female Rangers will be optional or at the Major’s discretion.

Dress Coats. Dress coats include suit coats, sport jackets, and other types of wind breakers, jackets, and coats. All should be clean and pressed if appropriate (suit coats and sport jackets). Faded or excessively worn dress coats are expressly prohibited.

Appropriate Pants. Dress slacks and pants commonly known as "dress jeans" are acceptable, and must be of a solid color. Suits, whereby the coat and slacks are of the same design or style, may be worn. Dress jeans must be starched and pressed with a visible crease. Slacks or jeans that are faded, excessively worn or have frayed seams or cuffs are expressly prohibited.

Western Boots. Boots commonly known as western boots are required; however, exaggerated under slung heels are prohibited. The boot material and color shall be of a conservative and business approach. During general dress, lace-up boots are prohibited. Boots will be shined and in good repair.

Official Badge. There are two styles of official badges. One is the official-issued badge for the rank currently held by the Ranger. The other is an approved personalized badge that has all the official markings as the official-issue badge, except the Department of Public Safety is replaced with the Ranger's name.

Exceptions. From time to time Rangers will become involved in manhunts, crime scene searches, surveillance, and other such duties that make the appropriate dress impractical. In such cir stances, Rangers are expected to dress for the occasion, which may deviate from the appropriate dress. A dress coat and tie should be kept readily available in case a cir stance presents itself where the absence of such dress coat and/or tie would be inappropriate.

Special Cir stances. Court appearances, Governor's Security, Executive Security, Legislative appearances, or any other high exposure to public events requires specific appropriate dress, and requires a suit or sports coat and appropriate pants, such as dress slacks or suit. Dress jeans or “Wrangler” style jeans are expressly prohibited. Protective clothing (BDUs) will be worn for special tactical situations, tactical tracking, crime scenes, firearms training (the only exception regarding firearms training being when the Company Major determines that regular work attire will be worn, including soft body armor), and emergency/disaster related scenarios.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably Texas Rangers, it's uniform.

25.01 General Dress. Texas Ranger personnel representing the Department in their official capacity are required to dress in an appropriate manner. The appropriate clothing is deemed to be conservative western attire. Appropriate clothing other than western attire may be acceptable if such is of a conservative nature and blends with the expected western clothing. To be dressed appropriately, Rangers are required to wear a western hat, a dress shirt, a tie, a dress coat, appropriate pants, western belt, western boots, and the official Texas Ranger badge pinned above the left shirt pocket. An approved handgun should be worn in a waist holster at all times.

Clothing that is worn, torn, or faded is prohibited. All clothing will be clean, neat, and with a pressed appearance. The exceptions to this policy will be outlined below, as well as definitions to certain words and phrases. Field Majors shall be responsible for defining the terms in this section, considered too vague in description, in order to promote uniformity within their company or within the Ranger's assigned area. Certain special or non-routine occasions may arise in which the field Major may specify a specific dress for wear, within these guidelines, in order to promote uniformity within the Rangers on the specified occasion.

Fanny Packs or Waist Purses. Fanny packs or waist purses are prohibited.

Hats. Hats will be light-colored and shaped in a businessman's style. Styles commonly called the Rancher or Cattleman will be the only styles acceptable. Brims must not exceed 4 inches or be flat with edges rolled up. Hats excessively crushed, rolled, or dipped are not acceptable. Members of the Ranger Division will own both a quality straw and quality felt hat. Palm-leaf styled hats are prohibited. The appropriate hat will usually be determined by the weather or assignment. Both types of hats will be kept clean. Faded or worn-out hats are expressly prohibited.

Dress Shirts. Shirts are defined as solid colored shirts or small-striped shirts. Shirts bearing outlandish designs or loud colors are expressly prohibited. Denim, faded or worn-out shirts are expressly prohibited. All shirts will be clean, neat and with a starched appearance at all times while on duty.

Tie. Ties will be conservative. Ties for female Rangers will be optional or at the Major’s discretion.

Dress Coats. Dress coats include suit coats, sport jackets, and other types of wind breakers, jackets, and coats. All should be clean and pressed if appropriate (suit coats and sport jackets). Faded or excessively worn dress coats are expressly prohibited.

Appropriate Pants. Dress slacks and pants commonly known as "dress jeans" are acceptable, and must be of a solid color. Suits, whereby the coat and slacks are of the same design or style, may be worn. Dress jeans must be starched and pressed with a visible crease. Slacks or jeans that are faded, excessively worn or have frayed seams or cuffs are expressly prohibited.

Western Boots. Boots commonly known as western boots are required; however, exaggerated under slung heels are prohibited. The boot material and color shall be of a conservative and business approach. During general dress, lace-up boots are prohibited. Boots will be shined and in good repair.

Official Badge. There are two styles of official badges. One is the official-issued badge for the rank currently held by the Ranger. The other is an approved personalized badge that has all the official markings as the official-issue badge, except the Department of Public Safety is replaced with the Ranger's name.

Exceptions. From time to time Rangers will become involved in manhunts, crime scene searches, surveillance, and other such duties that make the appropriate dress impractical. In such cir stances, Rangers are expected to dress for the occasion, which may deviate from the appropriate dress. A dress coat and tie should be kept readily available in case a cir stance presents itself where the absence of such dress coat and/or tie would be inappropriate.

Special Cir stances. Court appearances, Governor's Security, Executive Security, Legislative appearances, or any other high exposure to public events requires specific appropriate dress, and requires a suit or sports coat and appropriate pants, such as dress slacks or suit. Dress jeans or “Wrangler” style jeans are expressly prohibited. Protective clothing (BDUs) will be worn for special tactical situations, tactical tracking, crime scenes, firearms training (the only exception regarding firearms training being when the Company Major determines that regular work attire will be worn, including soft body armor), and emergency/disaster related scenarios.

Dps

There's a ton of Texas law enforcement agencies that love the hat

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Leftist youtuber wants someone to bomb nra event. These deranged people exist and they vote their values. The 2nd amendment protects you from them.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Leftist youtuber wants someone to bomb nra event. These deranged people exist and they vote their values. The 2nd amendment protects you from them.

He quickly realized how deranged he is and walked his comment back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How did the 2nd amendment protect the kids

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol Cruz trying so hard to sell his party gun line but just doesn't know the right comebacks

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is just the object of affection for the right wing nutjobs, a focal point for their hatred and fervor. They were like this before Trump and will be like this afterward. They would not have listened to him regardless, because they had an agenda before he took office (which is how he got there) and it won't change until someone draws a line. Both sides are afraid to draw that line except in rhetoric.

The nation was desensitized to destruction of property, burning and looting over the past few years. Don't expect sudden shifts in respectful behavior and decorum.
    THEY listened to him to begin with. They were fueled by him and then he lit the fuse.

wtf Have you completely forgotten. The election was STOLEN. Go to the Capitol and fight like .

And worse after:

“These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long,” he tweeted. “Go home with love & in peace. lol…Remember this day forever!”

You have completely missed this. And there is lots more.
    But they won’t listen to him?
    Because the country was already divided this was going to happen!?
    He gave the fkn instructions!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure they would. The target's accessibility and inability to defend itself is what makes it a soft target. It has nothing to do with how easy it is to get firearms. When it takes the police an hour to respond, you really can only consider them a cleanup crew. This is something most personal defense advocates have stressed for eons. Kids cannot defend themselves so it's up to the system that takes custody of them to provide defense for them. We can spend billions of taxpayer dollars for sports venues but schools, especially in rural areas like that, are basically left on their own. Didn't matter 30 years ago. It matters now.
    Why does it matter now?

News coverage or the guns used?

Or Facebook?

Or video games?

Or that rap music?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol Cruz trying so hard to sell his party gun line but just doesn't know the right comebacks
    Such a peace .

Cruz did not use the excuse that the US could become like Cuba or Iran if citizens are not armed and only the government is.
    I think he knew the reporters would blast him with another verbal salvo that might make him look bad 19 more times.
    Last edited by pgardn; 05-28-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did the 2nd amendment protect the kids
    Adults aren't allowed to carry guns at school. They decided to depend on the police.

Thread Information