Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1653
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The decline of coffee production in the Northern Triangle is a real thing. Climate change changes agriculture and ways of life.

I wouldn't single it out as a sole cause -- I'd also include endemic corruption and political instability that came with a big assist from the USA over the last 120 years or so -- but on its face, the hypothesis that a changing climate can cause migration isn't outlandish.
    The Syrian civil war started because farmers were wiped out, moved to the city, got no help from Assad, and started revolting.

Estimates of damage to the world's economy through 2100 run into the $10Ts.

US military, never missing a chance to go up a country, is expecting AGW to cause widespread revolt and many govts falling.

AGW in the Central and South America regions is causing the growers to move further up mountains, if possible.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The decline of coffee production in the Northern Triangle is a real thing. Climate change changes agriculture and ways of life.

I wouldn't single it out as a sole cause -- I'd also include endemic corruption and political instability that came with a big assist from the USA over the last 120 years or so -- but on its face, the hypothesis that a changing climate can cause migration isn't outlandish.

Don't agree with you much - but I do here...

Many reasons for people to flee their beloved homeland -

think about it - who wants to go to a place where they will have to start from scratch and be abused to boot?

It is survival and no wall, prisons or white supremacist tactics will stop this crisis and it will only get worse without some real honest planning, reform,etc...

I say -

Stop looking at it as a curse and look at it as a fact of life in our future. We can wall ourselves and say the world -
    but eventually - people will storm the walls and drag you down until you wished you had not ignored the problem and tried to pretend you were better than those who were suffering.

Put them all to work.

Start putting those seeking work - to work on our infrastructure and leapfrog into a leader into solar and fossil-free energy and truly make the country a spit-shiny new America.

No one thinks outside the box though and would rather criminalize these people who are trying to survive.

Those world-leading scientists that work on things like - finding solutions to the disastrous effects of climate change?

Oh - they just got told that they are being shut down by the Trump administration because Trump wants to deny climate change exists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't agree with you much - but I do here...

Many reasons for people to flee their beloved homeland -

think about it - who wants to go to a place where they will have to start from scratch and be abused to boot?

It is survival and no wall, prisons or white supremacist tactics will stop this crisis and it will only get worse without some real honest planning, reform,etc...

I say -

Stop looking at it as a curse and look at it as a fact of life in our future. We can wall ourselves and say the world -
    but eventually - people will storm the walls and drag you down until you wished you had not ignored the problem and tried to pretend you were better than those who were suffering.

Put them all to work.

Start putting those seeking work - to work on our infrastructure and leapfrog into a leader into solar and fossil-free energy and truly make the country a spit-shiny new America.

No one thinks outside the box though and would rather criminalize these people who are trying to survive.

Those world-leading scientists that work on things like - finding solutions to the disastrous effects of climate change?

Oh - they just got told that they are being shut down by the Trump administration because Trump wants to deny climate change exists.
    you got all the solutions so why not head south past our border and go help the unfortunate make their holes great again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sadistic cruelty, CBP/ICE is your name

Alleged abuse by US border guards who forced detained migrant to wear humiliating sign around his neck reminiscent of Nazi camps

“Guards are trying to assert total control over detainees, and to demonstrate that there’s nothing they can do to protect themselves.”

Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) agents forced a Honduran man at the El Paso Processing Center to hold a sign reading “Me gustan los hombre,” or, “I like men.”

“Whether the abuse is low-grade or rises to actual sexual assault, the point is the same,” said Pitzer.

“Guards are trying to assert total control over detainees, and to demonstrate that there’s nothing they can do to
    protect themselves.”

“Border patrol agents have the maturity and mindset of schoolyard bullies—and far too much power,”

“The longer this kind of detention is allowed to go on,

the farther the camp system typically moves outside any legal remedy.”

Lack of consequences can lead to worse conditions which in turn have historically

led to the worst of humanity’s impulses being allowed to flourish in the concentration camp system.

the stage will be set to move into the next level of concentration camp abuses,

which tend to show up not as negligence but as atrocities.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/all...m_campaign=557

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you got all the solutions so why not head south past our border and go help the unfortunate make their holes great again.
    Just keep denying then ...

It is happening all over the world

eventually it will reach us.

Climate change and all the other issues mentioned will just continue whether someone with a vision addresses it or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #NeverAgainIsNow: 36 Arrested As Hundreds of Jewish Protesters Block Road to Migrant Detention Center

"This is what solidarity looks like."

200 Jewish people demonstrated at a facility in New Jersey Sunday evening and demanded the release of the thousands of immigrants in U.S. custody.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/01/neveragainisnow-36-arrested-hundreds-jewish-protesters-block-road-migrant-detention?cd-origin=rss&utm_term=AO&utm_campaign=Weekly%20Newsl etter&utm_content=email&utm_source=Weekly%20Newsle tter&utm_medium=Email

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #NeverAgainIsNow: 36 Arrested As Hundreds of Jewish Protesters Block Road to Migrant Detention Center

"This is what solidarity looks like."

200 Jewish people demonstrated at a facility in New Jersey Sunday evening and demanded the release of the thousands of immigrants in U.S. custody.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/01/neveragainisnow-36-arrested-hundreds-jewish-protesters-block-road-migrant-detention?cd-origin=rss&utm_term=AO&utm_campaign=Weekly%20Newsl etter&utm_content=email&utm_source=Weekly%20Newsle tter&utm_medium=Email

there's a lot of misguided idiots on the left... take for example the loser whites with "white guilt". you s are pathetic.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    there's a lot of misguided idiots on the left... take for example the loser whites with "white guilt". you s are pathetic.
    You've got your white pride to make up for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've got your white pride to make up for it.
    i'm prideful but you trying to equate me to a white supremacist is ridiculous. almost as ridiculous as you trying to be perceived as an intellectual.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i'm prideful but you trying to equate me to a white supremacist is ridiculous. almost as ridiculous as you trying to be perceived as an intellectual.
    I just think you're racist because of your racist posts.

I don't think I'm an intellectual at all. If you feel stupid compared to me, that's on you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think you're racist because of your racist posts.
    if you perceive me as a racist that's fine... guess you perceive everyone on ST as racists, phobes, etc? you know you're a ST member here too, right?

god you're so damn pathetic.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    if you perceive me as a racist that's fine... guess you perceive everyone on ST as racists, phobes, etc?
    Nope. Just some.

Including you.

Because you post racist .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Just some.

Including you.

Because you post racist .
    conflating things as always... your weak mentality has you living in make believe world.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    conflating things as always... your weak mentality has you living in make believe world.
    How is that conflating things?

You said I think everyone here is racist, etc.

I said no I don't.

Because I don't.

Show me the conflation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I said no I don't.

Because I don't.

Show me the conflation.
    seriously pav, your ass!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I said no I don't.

Because I don't.

Show me the conflation.
    seriously pav, your ass!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seriously pav, your ass!
    How is it that Pavlov can instantly cause you to melt down -

every
    single
    time
    he
    wants?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is it that Pavlov can instantly cause you to melt down -

every
    single
    time
    he
    wants?

yall have a warped sense of that word "meltdown" tbh. yall overuse it out of context kind of like calling everyone nazis and racists.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Acting DHS Sec. Denies Child Migrant Center Conditions Are ‘Inadequate’

denied on Sunday that the food, water, and cell conditions at the Clint, Texas child migrant facility are “inadequate.”

the children’s clothes as being so dirty that the smell would spread to agents’ own clothes, and that

there were outbreaks of scabies, shingles and chickenpox in the cramped cells.

McAleenan also denied the Times’ allegations that the senior officials heading the Clint facility were ignoring agents’ alerts of the squalid conditions.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/mcaleenan-deny-inadequate-food-conditions-clint-child-migrant-center?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_c ampaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-07-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Says He’ll Arrange Press Tours of Migrant Detention Centers Amid Reports of Terrible Conditions

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump...le-conditions/

Only the best concentration camps, and/or bad concentration camps that have been prettified, brought down to capacity.

Trash has been and always will be a total FRAUD

How about letting investigators choose and visit camps UNannounced?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article that pissed off Trash into talking about press tours for concentration camps (of his choosing, of course), probably not Clint

Hungry, Scared and Sick:

Inside the Migrant Detention Center in Clint, Tex.

An out-of-the-way border station in the desert outside of El Paso has become the
    epicenter of outrage over the Trump administration’s policies on the southwest border.

the men and women who work there were grappling with the stuff of nightmares.

Outbreaks of scabies, shingles and chickenpox were spreading among the hundreds of children who were being held in cramped cells, agents said.

The stench of the children’s dirty clothing was so strong it spread to the agents’ own clothing

people in town would scrunch their noses when they left work.

The children cried constantly.

One girl seemed likely enough to try to kill herself that the agents made her sleep on a cot in front of them,

so they could watch her as they were processing new arrivals.

“It gets to a point where you start to become a robot,”

following orders to take beds away from children to make more space in holding cells, part of a daily routine that he said had become “heartbreaking.”

the agency’s leadership knew for months that some children had no beds to sleep on, no way to clean themselves and sometimes went hungry. Its own agents had raised the alarm, and found themselves having to accommodate even more new arrivals.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/07/06/us/migrants-border-patrol-clint.html

Pelosi and her accomplices approved the Repug Senate's $4.6B, with no strings or oversight.

Thieving, grifting, scamming is how Repugs MISgovern.

The Dem House progressives were right to vote against.

Repugs/DHS will waste $100Ms or $Bs more, pocketing as much as they can, for themselves and their BigDonor scammers.

Exactly like the $750B / year corrupt military. Nobody knows where all the money goes.

=================

How the Repugs do privatized "fake war"

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish

Special flights brought in tonnes of banknotes

which disappeared into the war zone

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/feb/08/usa.iraq1

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-08-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all y'all rightwingnutjob assholes are deplorable

Racist Trump supporters mock children in cages

Mexico ... has acquiesced to the Trump

Mexico is packing them into centers and not even providing basic necessities, like food. Even they, however, don’t separate the families.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-09-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FBI, ICE find state driver’s license photos are a gold mine for facial-recognition searches

A cache of records shared with The Washington Post reveals that agents are scanning millions of Americans’ faces without their knowledge or consent.

federal investigators have turned state departments of motor vehicles databases into the bedrock of an unprecedented surveillance infrastructure.

Police have long had access to fingerprints, DNA and other “biometric data” taken from criminal suspects.

But the DMV records contain the photos of a vast majority of a state’s residents, most of whom have never been charged with a crime.

federal investigators have turned facial recognition into a routine investigative tool. Since 2011, the FBI has logged more than 390,000 facial-recognition searches of federal and local databases, including state DMV databases,

The records show the technology already is tightly woven into the fabric of modern law enforcement. They detailed the regular use of facial recognition to track down suspects in low-level crimes, including cashing a stolen check and petty theft. And searches are often executed with nothing more formal than an email from a federal agent to a local contact

“It’s really a surveillance-first, ask-permission-later system,”

“People think this is something coming way off in the future, but these [facial-recognition] searches are happening very frequently today. The FBI alone does 4,000 searches every month, and a lot of them go through state DMVs.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/07/07/fbi-ice-find-state-drivers-license-photos-are-gold-mine-facial-recognition-searches/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f41a7341f6d6

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-09-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Thread Information