Page 62 of 412 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 10278
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me the upgrade priority is small forward. We have point guard settled at least for now. Calls for some superstar or even an All-Star at the position place too much need there. Tre is more than fine. I love Julian, he just doesn't provide a lot as a starter.

Whether it's through the draft or otherwise, that's my key right now, although there are other needs to address as well. This draft has a number of SFs that will be available, each bringing a different package of value in Buzelis, Holland, Ruzacher, Williams.
    We have no backup PG, so it’s hardly settled. A draft pick can back up while learning the job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft is just so underwhelming.

It is entirely within the range of possibilities that the Spurs end up picking #6, take a PG prospect, do very little in the summer, and next season's team looks a lot like this one, but with a new 3rd string PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im really not sure what im supposed to be seeing with salaun. ok he's tall and he can hit 3's. he's hit less than 37% on the season and thats after this hot streak where he's hit 18 of his last 33. was hitting 22% of them before. keep hearing about his size/athleticism yet he has blocked 4 shots in 435 minutes played this season. shooting just under 40% from the field overall. not much of a sample size but hitting about 73% of his free throws.

he's still just 18. let him cook a little while longer. not everybody has to come into the nba before they turn 21-22.

landscape can change between now and the draft, but right now i want absolutely no part of him this year with the raptors pick, if it conveys. seems like way too much work right now.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-29-2024 at 06:32 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is entirely within the range of possibilities that the Spurs end up picking #6, take a PG prospect, do very little in the summer, and next season's team looks a lot like this one, but with a new 3rd string PG.
    And reup Doug bc he fits the culture. That would be so depressing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One good thing about Buzelis is he's used to losing pretty much every game he's in.
    Pretty much we could say about wemby now.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buzelis Is The Most Polished Player Of The Lot. People Want To Penalize Him For Being In The G League, But He Has A Lot Of Offensive Moves In His Bag That Makes His Upside That Much Greater Than The Others.
    I penalize him for shooting 28% from the three in the scrub-ass G-League. Can't draft these non-shooting projects anymore without Chip here. Don't like Topic or Holland either for the same reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, We Lack An Offense. We Don’t Lack Shooters.
    We do lack shooters. We currently have 3 non-shooters in the starting lineup. That's just not sustainable on today's NBA. Tell me which teams with 3 non-shooters on their starting lineup are any good? Add shooting and the offense will sort itself out. It is painful to see the little space Wemby has to operate, and he still produces at an elite level. Imagine what he could do if we aid him with some more spacing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the bust potential is significantly lower with SFs in this draft than it is with PGs. These wings seem to have 3-and-D abilities which makes them valuable from the get go while the PGs in this draft class have huge questionmarks in either shooting, defense or playmaking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But, on the other hand, there's always the possibility that young players get better year-to-year. Maybe that's just what young players do. Maybe they're not stuck in time forever just to assuage our precious angst.

And maybe the Spurs, without making a single draft pick (which they no doubt will), or making a single trade (which they might), or signing a single FA (well, who knows), would still get way better over the next few years even if they did nothing (which they won't).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?

I don't know what you tried to say, but if your point is "The Spurs will get better with internal growth", well yeah, but not to the point of coming anywhere close to contention. I don't know if you are advocating for the Spurs to just stay path and running it back for the next few years, but that would be the fastest way to run Wemby out of town, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?

I don't know what you tried to say, but if your point is "The Spurs will get better with internal growth", well yeah, but not to the point of coming anywhere close to contention. I don't know if you are advocating for the Spurs to just stay path and running it back for the next few years, but that would be the fastest way to run Wemby out of town, tbh.
    Gosh, I don't want to run Wemby out of town. I'm sorry.

(And no, I'm not saying the Spurs should do nothing going forward. Read.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And reup Doug bc he fits the culture. That would be so depressing.
    I actually wouldn't mind Doug returning on a vet min deal to take over the Devonte Graham chief towel-waver role. But if he is still a core part of our bench rotation next yeah? Sheeeeesh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have no backup PG, so it’s hardly settled. A draft pick can back up while learning the job.
    Literally said it's not my priority, not that we don't need one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah there's really nothing too exciting in this draft so I don't feel the least bit conflicted cheering the Spurs to get a win instead of more lottery balls against Washington tonight. I'd be surprised if there is even a Brandon Miller in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure any of these high-ceiling PG prospects are going to offer us more in their first year than what Blake would. Might be back to getting the typical rookie treatment in the G-League.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that this is a strong draft for PGs and that we are lucky in that way. For me and many others Topic is number one. After that both Reed Sheppard and Rob Dillingham are special. Castle is also interesting. I think that all of them are better PG prospects than Wesley or Branham and worth a top 10 pick. That said we need everything except another Wemby. I would be happy if we get a Risacher as a Champaigne replacement and next year possibly have three first round picks in a stronger draft. Only way to make me unhappy would be another crazy Primo pick which should have 3-4 people lose their jobs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that this is a strong draft for PGs and that we are lucky in that way. For me and many others Topic is number one. After that both Reed Sheppard and Rob Dillingham are special. Castle is also interesting. I think that all of them are better PG prospects than Wesley or Branham and worth a top 10 pick. That said we need everything except another Wemby. I would be happy if we get a Risacher as a Champaigne replacement and next year possibly have three first round picks in a stronger draft. Only way to make me unhappy would be another crazy Primo pick which should have 3-4 people lose their jobs.
    proctor should be moving back in top 10,Hes been playing better lately.Think he would pair up nice with wemby

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    proctor should be moving back in top 10,Hes been playing better lately.Think he would pair up nice with wemby
    That's good. I had him on my radar some months ago and happy he has improved. There are others worth taking a chance on later like Carrington or Elliott Cadeau who might not even get drafted but is fun to watch. I am biased because he is Swedish like me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I penalize him for shooting 28% from the three in the scrub-ass G-League. Can't draft these non-shooting projects anymore without Chip here. Don't like Topic or Holland either for the same reason.
    He's not a non-shooter. He was over 40% from 3 last year, he's just playing on a street ball team now that doesn't get him quality looks. His percentage will be much higher in a structured system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a non-shooter. He was over 40% from 3 last year, he's just playing on a street ball team now that doesn't get him quality looks. His percentage will be much higher in a structured system.
    You want to take his performance in high school as more representative of who he'll be in the NBA than what he's doing right now against much better, but still not amazing compe ion? If they're playing street ball on G-League Ignite maybe he's the problem. If he can't be a leader in such a scrub league how's he going to be one in the NBA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron Holland has been much better than Buzelis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron Holland has been much better than Buzelis.
    Ugh and he's shooting in the mid 20s from the three point line too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matas still goes top 3 because he has the second highest ceiling next to Sarr. His floor is total bust but there are no high floor prospects like Paulo/Chet so some team will reach for the sky on Matas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matas still goes top 3 because he has the second highest ceiling next to Sarr. His floor is total bust but there are no high floor prospects like Paulo/Chet so some team will reach for the sky on Matas.
    What's the guy's ceiling supposed to be? I just can't get over the idea of drafting a guy shooting 27% from the three to be a swing we line up next to Victor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to take his performance in high school as more representative of who he'll be in the NBA than what he's doing right now against much better, but still not amazing compe ion? If they're playing street ball on G-League Ignite maybe he's the problem. If he can't be a leader in such a scrub league how's he going to be one in the NBA?
    I absolutely take his HS performance over Ignite. One has structure and one does not. It's really not that difficult of a concept. Ignite is trash... questioning a guy who chooses to go there is legit, but putting any real stock in what happens there is kind of futile..

Thread Information