Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1816
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is the first great episode of the season. In terms of action and utter destruction, this is a 10/10 in my book.

I've given up on the plot a few episodes ago. For a hot minute there I thought Arya was 100% killing Cersei. Jamie, what a pussy.

And Cersei definitely needed to die harder.

Now, if one thing's for sure is that Dany is not making it for sure but going by the previews of the next episode, Jon and his gang somehow allowed her to established a foothold on the city and by the looks of it, most of what remained of her armies from episode 3 are intact.

Will be interesting to see how Jon kills her now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Yea this episode was really bad for so many reasons. I am just laughing at this point though. Will be interesting to see where the halfwits take it from here.
    Honestly one of the most dissapointing GoT episodes ever for me, and I've been in the minority enjoying this season before this episode.

Probably the worst thing was the unworthy deaths of Jamie and Cersei. They deserved a much better sendoff. Oh well. Next week should be fun
    Last edited by Beartrucci; 05-13-2019 at 11:46 AM.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is the first great episode of the season. In terms of action and utter destruction, this is a 10/10 in my book.

I've given up on the plot a few episodes ago. For a hot minute there I thought Arya was 100% killing Cersei. Jamie, what a pussy.

And Cersei definitely needed to die harder.

Now, if one thing's for sure is that Dany is not making it for sure but going by the previews of the next episode, Jon and his gang somehow allowed her to established a foothold on the city and by the looks of it, most of what remained of her armies from episode 3 are intact.

Will be interesting to see how Jon kills her now.
    Great episode by season's 8 standards
    Euron popping up perfectly timed to fight Jaime was completely pointless. That man will go down as the stupidest villain in GOT or fantasy ever
    The Jaime story arc got sold short going out the way he did. Like 1.5 episodes undid 8 seasons of character development. Oh well. Par for this season's course.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's funny to know that this was GRRM's vision all along. D&D and HBO pandered to the YAASS QUEEN crowd with Daenerys for years, knowing full well that she was going to be the true villain of the series the entire time. They even had me convinced that she wasn't all that bad by the end of season seven, and I was apathetic towards her before that. They cut seven episodes of character development needed to make Dany's turn more believable, and replaced them with all of her friends being killed.

I'll be honest and say that I enjoyed the episode, outside of the ty military tactics and general Hollywood bull (e.g., Arya surviving certain death half-a-dozen times). But it's very easy to differentiate between D&D's interpretation of these characters and GRRM's.

I'll be honest and say I never understood the Daenerys character or her motivations, even in the books. She spent years freeing Slavers Bay for what... to practice at being a leader? To convince herself that she was a good person? She could have stayed put and ruled indefinitely, but she was obsessed with a continent that she'd never even been to other than as an infant. Regardless of cir stance, she was never going to just be welcomed onto the iron throne as some kind of a savior. She's actually lucky that she came during a White Walker invasion so that she could at least do something heroic. She's a foreign invader who thinks she's owed something because of her name.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great episode. It has been foreshadowed for so long I don't know why people are bothered of the mad queen.

Maybe that is why ghost didn't get hug/pet from Jon , it is coming next week

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    10/10 episode. ing neckbeard nerds complaining about every little detail. Take your bitter asses elsewhere tbh not this forum really but just a bunch of hating people everywhere, it's ridiculous

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10/10 episode. ing neckbeard nerds complaining about every little detail. Take your bitter asses elsewhere tbh not this forum really but just a bunch of hating people everywhere, it's ridiculous
    People are seething mad at Dan and David for executing what GRR Martin told them many years ago.

I'll grant you Dany's descent into crazy town was fast tracked but according to what the fat told the show creators, not only did he intend for Dany to go full on re but also told them the actual ending and that's what they're doing.

I think it's a mob mentality thing. They see people ting on season 8 and they have to just say something ty just because.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^^The issue isn't that she went crazy, that was very predictable IMO..I'm cool with that..the problem is that it was so rushed, no build up, it makes it appear illogical that she spent 7 seasons freeing slaves and being a champion for the people, yet in just one episode everything changes?

Everything has felt like they just want to get the show over with and move on..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    Maybe if they didn't waste so much time with the "hurr durr let's capture a white walker" bs, they could've actually properly built up to the events taking place now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Rhaegal should have been killed in 8.5 right after they rang the bells. Then Dany going mad makes much more sense.

Best comment i read is Jaime throwing bran out the window in 1.1 was amazing subtle foreshadowing for his character development being thrown out the window later in the series

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i enjoyed last nights episode... watched them all and didn't think it was a let down at all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^^The issue isn't that she went crazy, that was very predictable IMO..I'm cool with that..the problem is that it was so rushed, no build up, it makes it appear illogical that she spent 7 seasons freeing slaves and being a champion for the people, yet in just one episode everything changes?

Everything has felt like they just want to get the show over with and move on..
    This right here has been the problem since season 5. Everything is rushed. People are zooming all over the globe, their actions make no sense because their is no build-up, there is a lot of lore/religion related things that will never get any explanation, etc. Tyrion last episode even made a comment about the Lord of Light showing up and " ing off" and it will do no good trying to make sense of it. You get the impression that comment was for the fans. There's no point in trying to figure anything out. It reminds me a lot of Lost. Earlier seasons it seemed like certain things were meticulously planted in the show that would eventually lead somewhere... then the end came and it was all for nothing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    People on r/asoiaf are making the case that fAegon should have been on the throne instead of Cersei, and I have to agree. I never got that far in the books, but a Targaryen-pretender, who got rid of Cersei and is loved by the people, would be a better opponent to Daenerys than le wine . Dany wouldn't be justified in burning down King's Landing to spite fAegon, but it would make a lot more sense than her killing peasants to send a message to Cersei, even though Cersei couldn't care less about peasants.

On another note, I can't believe that Tyrion is going to have a position of power at the end of this show. What an absolutely worthless piece of garbage he has been since he killed Tywin.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    how can anyone think last nights episode was good? it's literally 40 minutes of king's landing burning down and crumbling with another 40 minutes of ty plot and dialogue. this season is beyond trash. not stoked at all for the finale. what an abortion HBO has turned this show into with GRRM's books to go off of

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    having arya and the hound ride together from winterfell all the way to kings landing, and only at the final moment the hound tells her not to go through with it... and she just says "ok"

i know we've been wanting cleganebowl for a long time, but that fight had no purpose other than fan service. tie it to the goddamn plot somehow. for instance, arya is going there to kill cersei. instead of bailing on her mission, you have the mountain get in the way and slap her around, only for sandor to come in and take him on, allowing arya to proceed. defending her one last time. she could say the whole "sandor, thank you" thing right then as he's about to duel his brother. and it would be a callback to syrio saving her from trant's men as she escaped. man... its like they allowed their children to write this season

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    i definitely thought cleganebowl was disappointing too.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn, even the actors think it's been ass

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    having arya and the hound ride together from winterfell all the way to kings landing, and only at the final moment the hound tells her not to go through with it... and she just says "ok"

i know we've been wanting cleganebowl for a long time, but that fight had no purpose other than fan service. tie it to the goddamn plot somehow. for instance, arya is going there to kill cersei. instead of bailing on her mission, you have the mountain get in the way and slap her around, only for sandor to come in and take him on, allowing arya to proceed. defending her one last time. she could say the whole "sandor, thank you" thing right then as he's about to duel his brother. and it would be a callback to syrio saving her from trant's men as she escaped. man... its like they allowed their children to write this season
    the whole reasoning for Clegane telling her to leave was because if she stayed, yes she would get to kill cercei, but she would die in the keep. So he told her to leave, that being said Cersei deserved a much worse death

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    I read the leaks for this season and so far they have been on point. I just shook my head the entire episode. The finale is even worse lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    where was bronn? lol he did that entrance to have a chat with Jamie and tyrion for nothing?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    People are seething mad at Dan and David for executing what GRR Martin told them many years ago.

I'll grant you Dany's descent into crazy town was fast tracked but according to what the fat told the show creators, not only did he intend for Dany to go full on re but also told them the actual ending and that's what they're doing.

I think it's a mob mentality thing. They see people ting on season 8 and they have to just say something ty just because.
    There's the actual fact that Season 8 is an embarrassment of epic epic historical proportions, there's the circle jerk of people who thought it was great but are jumping on the hate bandwagon, and the reactive circle jerk who think anyone calling out this season is an emo-neckbeard.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

yea that arya is par for this season's course

Regarding the clegane bowl, absolutely fan service, but the way Qyburn's death made me laugh made me like this whole season. It helped salvage this season IMO

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hey guys, at least this season's meme-game has been on point. The memes and youtube videos are all gold lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The only major puzzling thing is how Dany goes from liberator of cities to what she did last epsiode. She can go mad on enemies there is no problem how she got to that point....but to do what she did to Kings landing seems like she went pyscho + mad

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The only major puzzling thing is how Dany goes from liberator of cities to what she did last epsiode. She can go mad on enemies there is no problem how she got to that point....but to do what she did to Kings landing seems like she went pyscho + mad
    That would have been a good ending if they had built it up properly..

It's a very thin line..it could have looked great with a full season build-up, where they slowly showed her mental decline and that would have made sense..instead, we get a complete meltdown and character turn in 1 episode lol

Such a disappointing ending..it was so bad that I had it in the background on the 2nd tv while the Raptors game was on and I haven't even rewatched it

Thread Information