Page 63 of 238 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Does Deunte Chatman of Summer Creek High has A CHANCE TO GET TAN OFFER FROM THE LONGHORNS
    Were y'all able to make the camp on Sunday? Have you, or his high school coach, sent film out to schools?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Stold this from Shaggy. Awesome picture, and by the way, #8.

#15 commit, Garrett Gray

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, 2015 TE Jordan Davis is going to de-commit from Florida State soon and will likely commit to A&M later in the week.

Were y'all able to make the camp on Sunday? Have you, or his high school coach, sent film out to schools?
    yes,we have sent out film to schools and no we could not make the camp Sunday.We did attended the spring game and coach Akina did review his film on csaprepstar.com

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    SIAP, but HornsNation reported last week that Jake McMillon will be taken as a DT instead of a DE. That means three DT's and only two DE's.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Rodney Anderson of Katy talks about his Texas offer (OrangeBloods):

"It happened (Saturday)," said Anderson. "I came down into Austin and went and had a meeting with Mack Brown and coach Larry Porter and we just talked about the campus and academics and the football aspects."

"It was a little bit of a surprise,"
    responded the running back. "They contacted my coach and told him to tell me to give them a call and they asked me to come down."

"We just talked about the opportunities of a running back at Texas and thought I'd be a good fit,"
    the Katy product stated. "It did make sense. This past season I ran out of the backfield and was in the slot. It (the meeting) was a lot more focused around what they wanted to do with me. I was impressed with the way the coaches acted and what they were about."

"He's a great coach,"
    said Anderson about the Texas running backs coach. "He knows his stuff. He's real down to earth and I can tell he knows what he's talking about. He's easy to relate to."

"She (Anderson's mother) liked it,"
    stated Anderson. "She was very happy. She had a good time."

"I was impressed,"
    said Anderson about the trip. "They're definitely up on my list. And I've still got two years so I'm still trying to feel my way through things at this point and will try to get together a top five soon."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    SIAP, but HornsNation reported last week that Jake McMillon will be taken as a DT instead of a DE. That means three DT's and only two DE's.
    I've always thought he was a swing guy who can play different positions on the defensive line depending on the sets that are being run.

Same goes for DE Solomon Thomas, imo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying both WR Montrel Meander and OL Darius James enrolled yesterday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from RB Jay Bradford after Sunday's Texas camp (24/7):

“Honestly, I just went out there and had a good time,” Bradford said. “I gave 100 percent on everything.”

“It feels great,” Bradford said. “All of my hard work is finally paying off.”

“I love how Texas is just one big family,” Bradford said. “It's the main thing I'm looking for in a team.”

“I love how the coaches worked with us, especially Coach Porter,” Bradford said. “He made the camp feel like an actual practice. I actually felt like I was a part of the team.”

“They are now (one of his favorites),” Bradford said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Garrett Gray discusses his commitment to Texas (HornsNation):

“It's amazing, man. I’m excited about it,” Gray said. “I was always real high on them. They made me feel like family, and they’re going to win. They offered me because they want to go three- and four-wide with their offense, and I went home and thought about it and reached my decision.”

“It’s where I want to be,”
    Gray said. “I grew up around here and I love where I’m at. I want to be part of that program. They’re going to turn the corner, and I want to be part of that.”

“They told me my role depends on how I grow. If I put on 10 or 15 more pounds they’ll put me out wide, but I can play inside,"
    Gray said. "Wherever they can find a mismatch, really. If I get to 240 or 260, they’ll put me at tight end and I can go against linebackers. That’s not Major Applewhite’s plan, but I can be a matchup problem out there.”

“I’m a wideout,”
    he said. “I’ve proved my speed. Major Applewhite tells people you’ve got to see it to believe it.”
    Last edited by TFloss32; 06-11-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Gray is what we want Jake Oliver to be. Oliver may have to move inside.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB class of 2015 seems to be stacked:- Jay Bradford- Rodney Anderson- Soso Jamabo- Chris Warren I'm kind of hoping that we don't recruit any more in the 2014 class and take three in the 2015 class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from one the new offers, S Jason Hall of South Grand Prairie (24/7):

“It feels great to be offered by a school you've been watching since you were little,” Hall said. “From Vince Young and Michael Huff, all the way to [Kenny] Vaccaro this year. Since I've been little it's been Texas.”

“The chances are very strong,” Hall said of the possibility he chooses the Longhorns. “I don't have a set time to decide or anything like that.”

“Nebraska didn't do anything (wrong),” Hall said. “It's just Texas. They came in.”

“Beautiful. Great,” Hall said. “It's a great school.”

“Overall it's just a great school,” Hall said. “Everything is just top notch and 100 percent.”

“They have that connection with their players,” Hall said. “They're going to take care of you and show you what's right and what's wrong in the drills. They'll bring out the 110 percent in you.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on OL Zach Ledwik who took an unofficial visit to Texas yesterday (24/7). He will be in College Station again tomorrow after attending their camp on Sunday:

“The visit was good,” said Ledwik. “I was there from about 9:30 in the morning until 3:00 that afternoon. I got to see a lot of what Texas had to offer and see a lot of different things about their program and their academics."

“Their strength and conditioning program, their coaches and their academics are what stood out the most about it,” he added.

“The quick pace of their (A&M) camp was kind of surprising,” Ledwik said. “I really didn’t get to work with Coach (B.J.) Anderson long enough to build a strong opinion of the program though. That’s not a negative comment, but I just didn’t get a lot of time.”

“I’ll just say that Texas and Texas A&M are at the higher part of my list,” said Ledwik. “I want to make a decision either after the summer or early during the football season. That’s the plan now.”

“I just want a school with good academics and a good, preferably winning, program,”
    he said. “If you have those then the rest sort of takes care of itself.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB class of 2015 seems to be stacked:- Jay Bradford- Rodney Anderson- Soso Jamabo- Chris Warren I'm kind of hoping that we don't recruit any more in the 2014 class and take three in the 2015 class.
    It's a great year for sure. I'd get greedy and try to wrap up all five:

Anderson- versatile in that you can put him the slot
    Bradford- every down back, great size and amazing speed
    Jamabo- every down guy or he ends up at another position
    Stevenson- Daje type role, situational back you can use on sweeps and in the slot
    Warren- already huge, least likely to stay at RB and someone you take no matter what

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting the Foreman twins (WR Armanti Foreman and RB D'Onta Foreman) are making a return trip to Austin this weekend with their parents and grandmother. The staff has been insistent that the brothers and the family are on the same page before any decisions are made. Hopefully this one gets done in a few days.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also from 24/7, 2015 QB Ricky Town of Ventura, CA is expected in Austin this afternoon and 2015 QB Kyler Murray of Allen will be in town tomorrow.

Both guys are expected to receive offers so it should be a fun next couple of days.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Footage of the June 9th camp courtesy of OrangeBloods. The WR talent in attendance was excellent:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...67Gg46Td6atJB4

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods interviews RB Leonard Fournette at the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge:

http://vimeo.com/68137907

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Forgot to mention CB Jermaine Roberts is on his way as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    Incarnate Word Cardinals
    Post Count
    Warren- already huge, least likely to stay at RB and someone you take no matter what
    Took my family to Dallas this weekend and on the way back home ran into him and a few others at a gas station outside of Austin. Was shocked at how big he was; my first thought was there is no way this kid is a RB. Will be interesting to see how he grows and develops.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Took my family to Dallas this weekend and on the way back home ran into him and a few others at a gas station outside of Austin. Was shocked at how big he was; my first thought was there is no way this kid is a RB. Will be interesting to see how he grows and develops.
    Every time I see an updated picture of that guy, he's bigger. And he does have NFL genes.

I've seen a few writers say he was the most physically impressive guy at the camp on Sunday, which I don't doubt.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to OrangeBloods, RB Corey Avery of Dallas Carter will be on campus today or tomorrow.

http://247sports.com/Player/Corey-Avery-19489

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods also saying 2015 DT Daylon Mack has decided he will not be visiting Texas this week. Commitment to A&M coming soon.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2015 CB Kris Boyd of Gilmer after Sunday's camp (OrangeBloods):

"I showed them what I can do, that I went down here for a reason and TCU offered me for a reason," Boyd said of the UT camp visit.

"I'm thinking about Texas a lot right now," Boyd said. "I really just need to think on my own, see how I fit in there, if I'd be comfortable."

"I think of Curtis (Brown) first when I think of Texas. He came here and he's my first cousin. Then I think of winning, how they win a lot of games,"
    Boyd said. "I can really picture myself playing for them."

"Really, I'm just going to look around and see if I like anything, but my mind is on Texas right now,"
    Boyd said.

Thread Information