Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2796
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now he is scrambling if they pick a replacement and it is not him

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Hillary is one of the best politicians out there. Can go for hours, literally.

Trump is ed once he has to answer real topics and go into detail for once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Sanders will increase Texas 200%.

That's what communists do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Sanders will increase Texas 200%.

That's what communists do.

increase texas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

premature ejaculation

I forgot about this thread. Lots of premature victory laps by the usual idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oof.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    old-fangled, like Bernie: war powers of the US Congress

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please tell me there is video of this lmao

Liberal Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), a Hillary Clinton supporter who describes herself as a big Sanders fan, struggled when asked ahead of last month’s debate in Milwaukee if she could point to examples of the Vermont senator’s actually influencing the outcome of legislation, other than the much praised bipartisan Veterans Affairs reform he led as chairman of that committee in the Senate.

“Um,” she said, pausing for a full eight seconds while thinking, “I’m sure I could. In terms of the things that he talks the most about, is when he was chair of the Veterans Affairs committee. But he actually compromised on a whole heck of a lot. Back in … it’s not coming to my mind right now.”
    https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-record-220508

lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone told Bernie about https://www.careerexcuse.com/ ?? might help him fill in some of the gaps on his resume

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was Bernie's turn

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone told Bernie about https://www.careerexcuse.com/ ?? might help him fill in some of the gaps on his resume
    same with that bum robert beta o'rourke

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It was Bernie's turn

Warren is actually a Democrat. Go figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox Host Pretends He Got Shoved At UAW/ Bernie Sanders Protest

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, let's take Bezo's wealth at approximately 108.6 billion (don't know if this is pre or post divorce) - let's call it 110 billion to get to Bernie's 8% over the $10 billion.

After year, the remaining $100 billion would be:
    1. 92 billion
    2. 84.64
    3. 77.8688
    4. 71.639296
    5. 65.9081523
    6. 60.6355001
    7. 55.7846601
    8. 51.3218873
    <------ wealth halved
    9. 47.2161363

I wonder what liquidating that amount of stock to pay taxes would do to Amazon stock, the entire stock market and all our pensions/401k/investments? Ditto Bill Gates' 105.5B/Microsoft. And I wonder what's gonna happen to all of Bernie's programs when the tax collected gets less and less each year. Let's not even think about the number of people who would be unemployed after the corresponding layoffs at Amazon and Microsoft and their supporting businesses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, let's take Bezo's wealth at approximately 108.6 billion (don't know if this is pre or post divorce) - let's call it 110 billion to get to Bernie's 8% over the $10 billion.

1. 92 billion
    2. 84.64
    3. 77.8688
    4. 71.639296
    5. 65.9081523
    6. 60.6355001
    7. 55.7846601
    8. 51.3218873
    <------ wealth halved
    9. 47.2161363

I wonder what liquidating that amount of stock to pay taxes would do to Amazon stock, the entire stock market and all our pensions/401k/investments? Ditto Bill Gates' 105.5B/Microsoft. And I wonder what's gonna happen to all of Bernie's programs when the tax collected gets less and less each year. Let's not even think about the number of people who would be unemployed after the corresponding layoffs at Amazon and Microsoft and their supporting businesses.
    ^ this is a simplistic analysis that has no correlation with the real world. It's based on the notion that Amazon stock value is a static number (and so Bezos' wealth is a static number), which is not the case, at all.

But, besides that, it obviates that there's plenty of 1st world countries that impose a wealth tax (France, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Italy), another number of them that used to up until not that long ago (Austria, Denmark, Germany, Finland, Luxembourg, Sweden), and apparently they're doing just fine.

Now, I'm mostly pointing out the mistake and playing devil's advocate, this shouldn't be interpreted as a personal endorsement of a wealth tax, or at the very least a wealth tax based on those brackets.

Lastly, let's not forget that the demagogue du jour also was peddling a wealth tax back in the day...

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stori...ich/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren is actually a Democrat. Go figure.
    It was his turn Pav.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clearing the field good now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. 92 billion
    2. 84.64
    3. 77.8688
    4. 71.639296
    5. 65.9081523
    6. 60.6355001
    7. 55.7846601
    8. 51.3218873
    <------ wealth halved
    9. 47.2161363

Taxing the wealthy elite to help the masses trickles up. It's been done before during FDR presidency. The economy boomed and recovered from the great depression.

When Income Was Taxed at 94%: How FDR Tackled Debt and Reckless Republicans
    https://flaglerlive.com/26685/gc-fdr-and-taxes/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taxing the wealthy elite to help the masses trickles up. It's been done before during FDR presidency. The economy boomed and recovered from the great depression.

When Income Was Taxed at 94%: How FDR Tackled Debt and Reckless Republicans
    https://flaglerlive.com/26685/gc-fdr-and-taxes/
    That is INCOME (which has not yet been taxed) - not WEALTH/ASSETS that has already been taxed (or gone through income tax filing/audit) or is below the inheritance tax threshold. No one has addressed what will happen to Bernie's programs when these billionaires' wealth is halved, quartered, eighted?. Then we go to the millionaires? until we reach where your wealth is? - then it won't seem like such a great idea. In a simplistic analogy, putting one's money under a mattress (sans inflation) would see that money decrease year after year (having done nothing with it [not invest it]) until very little is left.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ this is a simplistic analysis that has no correlation with the real world. It's based on the notion that Amazon stock value is a static number (and so Bezos' wealth is a static number), which is not the case, at all.

But, besides that, it obviates that there's plenty of 1st world countries that impose a wealth tax (France, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Italy), another number of them that used to up until not that long ago (Austria, Denmark, Germany, Finland, Luxembourg, Sweden), and apparently they're doing just fine.

Now, I'm mostly pointing out the mistake and playing devil's advocate, this shouldn't be interpreted as a personal endorsement of a wealth tax, or at the very least a wealth tax based on those brackets.

Lastly, let's not forget that the demagogue du jour also was peddling a wealth tax back in the day...

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stori...ich/index.html
    Are you really comparing a ONE TIME tax to one that continues every year so that after 8 years, one's wealth is HALVED and keeps being decreased year after year into eternity?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope no one thinks that Bezo has $8 billion in cash lying around to pay this tax or that he would take this lying down or that it wouldn't be tied up in court/challenged or whatever it is people do when each side has a different idea of what an asset is worth. I'm guessing like when people challenge their property tax assessment - I can see Bezo's tax lawyers vs IRS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I AM SURE with all of Bernie's free this and that, people from all over the world will be doing EVERYTHING they can to come/stay here. We'll see how long you all can maintain your standard of living with the floodgates open.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Isn't that the same dude who embarrassed Pocahontas? I don't know who he is or why he has a show but woke whitey's need to stay away.

Thread Information