Page 64 of 278 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 6947
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 New Mexico Pro-Style QB Zach Gentry just committed to the Longhorns.
    @Strong_TexasFB
    Huge #LetsRide for the future of this program!

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Interesting comments from Trent Dilfer on QB Quinten Dormady at Elite 11 the other weekend:

"His juice is about size and the fact that he’s a good athlete. As a sop re, he was a really good player. With the injury, he’s just not together right now. He’s wildly inconsistent. George Whitfield uses a term I like — organized. He’s not organized with his movements right now. Doesn’t mean that he can’t be in three weeks or a month, it just wasn’t together.

If this thing was about height, weight, speed, athletic ceiling, he probably would have made it.

He has good upside. He has very good upside, but I would give a word of caution. Everyone gets jacked up about it. I see 50 kids a year who have great upside. There’s a lot of Dormady’s out there in terms of 6’3, 210 that can move that haven’t gotten it figured out yet."

Zach Gentry on His Decision to Join Texas

Head coach Charlie Strong and quarterbacks coach Shawn Watson are very familiar with what QB Zach Gentry brings to an offense. They saw first-hand what Gentry can do when he attended a quarterback camp at Louisville last summer.

Zach Gentry is a four-star signal caller from Albuquerque (NM) Eldorado High School. The standout quarterback stands 6-foot-6, 232-pounds. He is very athletic - not for a guy with his size - but for any size. He has a short, compact delivery and can make every throw. But he can also make plays with his feet.
    He's a player who impresses other recruits and could help sway some of the other 2015 targets on Texas' list. In short, Gentry is a potential game changer for Texas at the most critical position on the field. And now he's committed to being part of the Longhorn Nation.
    Gentry has offers from Alabama,Arkansas, Maryland, Nebraska and just about every other major program in America.
    One of the most impressive things about Gentry is not that he can make all the throws but that he makes them look easy. He makes the game seem effortless and is comfortable throwing on the run from either direction.
    He is a 6-foot-6 quarterback who moves around like he’s 6-foot-2 and will have a chance to compete for the starting job from the day he steps foot on campus.
    ”They offered me a couple of months ago,” Zach Gentry said. “I was very excited about that. They traveled fromLouisville to Texas and for them to still think about me was a big deal. I wanted to check Texas out and reconnect with the staff and how Coach Watson deals with his players.
    "And I fell in love with the campus, the facilities and everything about Texas. We kept the conversations going from that point on about twice a week or so. I had a great feeling about Texas ever since that visit.”
    Gentry is down to earth and hasn't gotten carried away with being one of the nation's top QB prospects.
    ”A lot of the process has not hit me yet - even the offers," Gentry said. "But I think that’s good, because it has helped me maintain a level head.
    “Being a quarterback at Texas is a big deal. I think it will hit me at some point, but it hasn’t yet.”
    Gentry and his family are very close, and this was a family decision they are all proud of. It will allow Gentry to focus on trying to win a state championship during his senior season.
    "It’s nice to get the weight off my shoulders,” Gentry said. “I don’t feel I rushed it. I made the best decision and feel great about it.
    "It makes me feel that much better to get it out of the way and feel great about it. I can focus on my senior season and winning a state le and my family now knows the plan.”
    When Gentry spoke to Texas head coach Charlie Strong, Gentry said he could hear Strong's excitement about his commitment.
    ”He was very excited, very elated - him and Coach Watson both,” Gentry said. “Coach Strong was very happy and told me I was their guy. Texas is on the rise, and I am going to help them change the program. It was nice to hear that from the head guy.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on the coaches' travels today from 24/7...

-Coach Rumph was in California to see JUCO DE Takkarist McKinley of Contra Costa CC.

-Coach Vaughn was finally able to see WR John Burt.

-a couple of coaches went to Spring Westfield to see OL Toby Weathersby and 2016 DT Ed Oliver.

-Coach Wickline will be in Louisiana tomorrow to see OL Garrett Thomas.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I can't access it, but here's something to look out for on the other sites:

William Wilkerson @WVWilkerson: #Longhorns should expect a visit from one of the state's top uncommitted OL pretty soon, per Jason_Higdon: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=110&f=2441&t=12879225

EDIT: A post on Shaggy says Madison Akamnonu is visiting with his parents on the 31st so it's probably him.
    Last edited by Needs More Bourbon; 05-12-2014 at 11:23 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Kansas State QB Daniel Sams transferring:

http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/s...ransfer-051214

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    KSU writer says Snyder was trying to move him to RB. Glad we won't be facing him anymore.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    KSU writer says Snyder was trying to move him to RB. Glad we won't be facing him anymore.
    I thought it was WR?

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I thought it was WR?
    That's what they tried this spring. Sounds like it wasn't working out and he was going to be moved again.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    COLLEGE STATION – Texas A&M regent Jim Schwertner stole the show at Monday afternoon’s update on the $450 million Kyle Field renovation.Schwertner said he hoped one day Kyle Field is renamed “Kyle Field: The House that Johnny Built,” in honor of 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel.“I hope the Aggie Nation will come together and decide that’s something they want to do,” Schwertner said....
    The awesome part of this?

Schwertner is a Tech grad that just won a distinguished alumnus award in January.

So so so good.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The awesome part of this?

Schwertner is a Tech grad that just won a distinguished alumnus award in January.

So so so good.
    Another great part is he thought John David Crow's name was John Kimbrough.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Another great part is he thought John David Crow's name was John Kimbrough.

ahhhhhh yes. my man Schwertner.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    That's worse than John Travolta butchering the frozen chick's name

so good so good soooo good.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Ah. Turns out Kimbrough was a real player that finished second one year.

Still good though.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LSU and A&M have both offered CB Kris Boyd today.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updates on where the coaches are from 24/7...

-certain coaches were in Athens today to see 2016 CB Travon Fuller.

-Coach Rumph is in Gladewater to see DT Daylon Mack.

-Coach Koenning was in Houston to see 2016 DE Isaiah Chambers of Aldine MacArthur.

-Coach Vaughn saw DE Charles Omenihu, K Drew Galitz, 2016 WR Devin Duvernay and 2016 CB Jared Mayden.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LSU and A&M have both offered CB Kris Boyd today.
    This was before he got offered by A&M (24/7):

“On Sunday he and Coach (Charlie) Strong had a long, one-on-one meeting,” the source said. “It had a positive impact on him. They answered a lot of questions and told him that they absolutely needed him. They made him feel welcomed. He loved it and is now even higher on Texas.”

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hard to believe how quickly people photoshop these things but I couldn't resist posting...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    banners for 3rd and 4th place

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I just noticed passed out Kenny Hill.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Glory hole express jerruh woukd be jealous

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jokes aside, what an ugly stadium.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Hard to believe how quickly people photoshop these things but I couldn't resist posting...

Thread Information