Page 64 of 84 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2078
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well personally, I think he wanted a good running mate. When the Spurs didn't get him one (signing Mills and Gasol instead), I think that is what started his dissent. I could be wrong, I just don't think he was 100% on leaving. He may not have been thinking about it if the situation/team didn't collapse against GWS after he went down. Anything could have been going through his head, but since he keeps things to himself, we'll probably never know.

Also, since you mentioned his uncle, I am thinking Kawhi's stance would have been a bit more different had he not been guiding him. I really do wonder what percentage of a role his uncle had in him leaving. If you had to put a number on it, do you think it would still have been a higher than 50% chance he was out if his uncle wasn't there to influence him?
    Are you forgetting Lamarcus. He was a 20-10 player. They had won 60 plus wins back-to-back years together. Your argument is flawed also because GSW that year curb stomped everybody. Lebron's Cavs that had Kyrie and Love could only get 1 win against them in the playoffs. Warriors only lost 1 game in that whole entire playoff run.

Now if you had said Pop not defending Kawhi originally when Zaza took him out planted the seeds for him to leave then you would have a good argument. I thought that was Pop's biggest mistake was at first saying Zaza didn't do anything dirty and then changing his mind a few days later. By then it was already too late and it didn't look like Pop had Kawhi's back originally. I'm sure Uncle Dennis planted the seeds in Kawhi's head to want to leave from that point.

If Uncle Dennis didn't exist I think there is a high chance Spurs would have kept Kawhi. I put it around 90 percent chance he stays.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, didn't forget LMA. I think Kawhi viewed himself as a Jordan type of player and wanted a Pippen.

I really do think that resigning Mills to that overpaid contract and Gasol didn't sit well. I'm not saying that is the total reason, or even close to it, but I do think the seeds of doubt started there for Kawhi (even if it was only like a 10% chance at that point), and his uncle probably took it way over to the other side. I agree about his uncle having that big of an influence. As for LMA, what am I basing that he wanted a wing, well, just take a look at the player he picked to play with in the Clippers (Paul George). I think Kawhi wanted a wing/guard as his running mate, not LMA. I completely forgot until just now, but I do recall someone saying that Kawhi wanted the Spurs to try and get Paul George before he was traded to OKC. Not sure how true that is, but if true, it reinforces what I thought about him wanting a wing/guard as his sort of version of Jordan/Pippen.

I still don't know why the Spurs passed up Jimmy Butler if he was the guy they wanted if they missed out on Kawhi. Doesn't make sense. They could have started Jimmy eventually and moved Danny to the bench as a super 3 & D player. Manu and him could have come in a kept the pressure up for 48 minutes. They could have easily found a backup PG for cheap if they really needed one instead of drafting Cojo IMO (thanks for game 6 2014 WCF, though, Corey).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, didn't forget LMA. I think Kawhi viewed himself as a Jordan type of player and wanted a Pippen.

I really do think that resigning Mills to that overpaid contract and Gasol didn't sit well. I'm not saying that is the total reason, or even close to it, but I do think the seeds of doubt started there for Kawhi (even if it was only like a 10% chance at that point), and his uncle probably took it way over to the other side. I agree about his uncle having that big of an influence. As for LMA, what am I basing that he wanted a wing, well, just take a look at the player he picked to play with in the Clippers (Paul George). I think Kawhi wanted a wing/guard as his running mate, not LMA. I completely forgot until just now, but I do recall someone saying that Kawhi wanted the Spurs to try and get Paul George before he was traded to OKC. Not sure how true that is, but if true, it reinforces what I thought about him wanting a wing/guard as his sort of version of Jordan/Pippen.

I still don't know why the Spurs passed up Jimmy Butler if he was the guy they wanted if they missed out on Kawhi. Doesn't make sense. They could have started Jimmy eventually and moved Danny to the bench as a super 3 & D player. Manu and him could have come in a kept the pressure up for 48 minutes. They could have easily found a backup PG for cheap if they really needed one instead of drafting Cojo IMO (thanks for game 6 2014 WCF, though, Corey).

Kawhi was going to leave regardless of whether the Spurs got him an all-star wing. His Uncle wanted LA and we need to accept it. If the Spurs had gotten PG that wouldn't have changed anything. All that would have happened is both of them would have left together to go to LA when they were free agents since that's where both truly wanted to be. In life you have to accept sometimes tragedy is inevitable and there is nothing you could have done to prevent it. The situation with Kawhi and the Spurs was tragic and it could not have been prevented unless someone put out a hit on Uncle Dennis pre-2017.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron's Cavs that had Kyrie and Love could only get 1 win against them in the playoffs. Warriors only lost 1 game in that whole entire playoff run.
    Yes the Cavs *lost* Game 1.

Lebron was so pissed he broke a bone in his hand while slamming it in the locker room.
    A smart move? Un no.
    Justifiably pissed? 1000%.
    60% after the self imposed hand break? Yes.

Warriors 2017 can eat imo.
    Fully tainted *win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More 2017 WarriorRef

The ABC Stern Jr Warrior annoucers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that was Pop's biggest mistake was at first saying Zaza didn't do anything dirty and then changing his mind a few days later. By then it was already too late and it didn't look like Pop had Kawhi's back originally.
    Compounding the late statement by saying he would never address the media about it again -ever.

W-h-y? To me it could and should have been a talking point for years to come.
    Help expose the Warriors to as many mainsteamers as possible.
    True, cultists and corrupt NBA wanted to bury the Zaza assault and continue with Warrior Worship ASAP.

Why the would Popped aid and abet that by never speaking of it again?
    He might have thought it was some real ballsy drop the mic moment.
    In retrospect not.at.all.

Ya i think it contributed to Kwa's leaving.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes the Cavs *lost* Game 1.

Lebron was so pissed he broke a bone in his hand while slamming it in the locker room.
    A smart move? Un no.
    Justifiably pissed? 1000%.
    60% after the self imposed hand break? Yes.

Warriors 2017 can eat imo.
    Fully tainted *win.
    That clip is not from 2017 game 1 of the Finals. It's 2018 NBA Finals game 1. Kyrie did not play on the 2018 Cavs team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compounding the late statement by saying he would never address the media about it again -ever.

W-h-y? To me it could and should have been a talking point for years to come.
    Help expose the Warriors to as many mainsteamers as possible.
    True, cultists and corrupt NBA wanted to bury the Zaza assault and continue with Warrior Worship ASAP.

Why the would Popped aid and abet that by never speaking of it again?
    He might have thought it was some real ballsy drop the mic moment.
    In retrospect not.at.all.

Ya i think it contributed to Kwa's leaving.
    Pop was not really into fighting with the NBA since he had his own personal goals of coaching Team USA. He knows making enemies with the NBA, media and Warriors was not a good look for his personal goal of being the coach of Team USA. Especially since he wanted to coach Durant, Curry, etc.

Pop just didn't really care about winning les after Duncan left. It was really all about his personal glory. I think Duncan's retirement and his wife's death messed up his psyche in that regard. He just showed he had no compe ive spirt when Kawhi got Zaza'd. If it was any other coach who had not won a le, he would have called out Zaza immediately knowing his job is on the line and plus he would be hungry to win. Pop lost the hunger a long time ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston blows out to a big lead, hands Heat the keys to come back and the Heat fumble the last 2 minutes of 1st qtr.

Eeesh either one of these overcoming WarriorRef seems real iffy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd qtr Boston again builds 15 point lead.
    Chokes all but 6 of it away in last 2:30 of quarter.

Maybe drive it to the rack instead of hoisting 3 pointers when up 15.
    Todays NBA

On a Spurs note Fuzzhead White hit a couple uncontested treys b4 cooling off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics and Heat basically playing each other even right now.

That said, I think the Celtics actually have some defense to make things tough for GSW. I think Warriors would just roll over the Heat in 5.

The only chance for the Heat in the Finals would be Butler going Super Saiyan for 4 games, and I don't know if you can count on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat had a nice comeback going, closed to 72-65.
    Scott Foster with the blocking foul on Strus after Brown charges him.

Sheesus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A minute to go and it feels like Boston is choking it away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A minute to go and it feels like Boston is chocking it away
    Stuning that Heat had ball down 2 with 20 seconds.

Mixed feelings about Butler going for the 3.
    Would have liked to have just gone for the tie but he was wide open and had his feet under him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of these guys are really dumb.

Jaylen and Smart taking shots when they can simply hold the ball and go to the Finals. Jimmy Butler taking a 3 standing on the tip of his toes with Al Horford in front of him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmy Butler trying to run into a transition three with the Finals on the line when he has been shooting .233 on the season

Butlers been playing great but that's some crazy hero ball right there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of these guys are really dumb.

Jaylen and Smart taking shots when they can simply hold the ball and go to the Finals. Jimmy Butler taking a 3 standing on the tip of his toes with Al Horford in front of him...
    He was trying to reenact the Memorial Day Miracle.
    Sean had one last bullet.
    Jimmy didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmy Butler trying to run into a transition three with the Finals on the line when he has been shooting .233 on the season

Butlers been playing great but that's some crazy hero ball right there
    Walked into it, shot it on his tip toes, with Horford the only guy between him and the rim. Didn't even think about it and just shot it. Sometimes confidence ISN'T enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy for our Spurs guys in Boston. They have a better shot of beating GS

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found myself pulling for the Heat - even tho I knew that miami would get crushed by the warrior-refs

but i was still pulling for them

now- thank god the celtics won- they hopefully wont roll over for those gs kunts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure Celtics will ever get far enough ahead of dubs to win a game. Smart chunking 3’s and Tatum/Brown show disappearing late was ugly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA breathing a sigh of relief now that Boston are through. Miami with an incredible fight back but just would’ve been overmatched against GSW.
    Boston has a legit chance and I’m picking them in 7…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure Celtics will ever get far enough ahead of dubs to win a game. Smart chunking 3’s and Tatum/Brown show disappearing late was ugly
    Warriors are definitely ringing again. Celts are too dumb to beat a great team like the Dubs.

Thread Information