Page 64 of 110 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2741
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't remember where I read it, but there was an article saying that the psychiatrist actually helped the Spurs in their investigation. Hopefully that's true and she doesn't throw the organization under the bus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this is arguably the worst issue for the Spurs in their history?
    Rod Strickland I believe got in trouble for the same thing exposing himself, on top of getting in a fight at a bar and breaking his hand mid season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't remember where I read it, but there was an article saying that the psychiatrist actually helped the Spurs in their investigation. Hopefully that's true and she doesn't throw the organization under the bus
    As far as I know, the story about the Spurs doing an investigation is just part of the "Four Seasons Canon" as I've been calling it. I don't know that anything substantiated about what led to Primo's termination has been announced. There's a timeline where the Spurs immediately took seriously the first accusation they heard, investigated it, got the testimony for the psychologist, hooked her up with a lawyer and immediately waived Primo. But there's also a timeline where the Spurs downplayed/ignored rumblings about Josh's proclivities, including from their former psychologist, and then they heard she got a lawyer and planned to sue, which made them dump Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Note to file: Don’t hire any more female consultants to work with horny young men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Note to file: Don’t hire any more female consultants to work with horny young men.
    The NBA has seen thousands of horny young men pass through over the past 50 years. Almost never do they just whip their out and flash members of the team staff. This is just Primo being a in’ weirdo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Note to file: Getting sued for gender discrimination is fun, hopefully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA has seen thousands of horny young men pass through over the past 50 years. Almost never do they just whip their out and flash members of the team staff. This is just Primo being a in’ weirdo.
    I’d put money on it happening and we’ve just never heard about it…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's basically not hiring ANY female consultants PERIOD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn Primo really wants to anything huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spouting woke rhetoric to the point of pissing off your fan base, while simultaneously covering for a sexual predator, is pretty close to Peak White Liberal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d put money on it happening and we’ve just never heard about it…
    Prob. But even then it’s likely pretty rare. In this day and age you have to be a complete dumbass to think you can get away with it. Primo is basically Radio with his level of intellect thinking this would go unnoticed or unreported.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Petrini realTomPetrini
    6m
    The law firm representing the former Spurs consulting psychologist says they will address "the veracity of recent public statements made by both the Spurs organization and Primo, interactions with individuals within the San Antonio Spurs organization."
    Damn, they think they have something on the Spurs org.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lakers defended and kept a rapist….(RIP)

and

the spurs immediately denounced and got rid of a sexual deviant

(hopefully the spurs organization was not complicit in any way or tried to hide anything primo did)

just goes to show the difference in teams/franchises integrity

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's very true. I'm pretty curious about the press conference in the first place. Is that normal? I sort of figured you just filed your suit and went with it. Primo doesn't feel like a big enough fish to where you HAVE to wage this war in arena of public opinion. But if they were going after the Spurs mostly, I feel like we'd already know.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Buzbee though. Even though I believe the victim and want folks punished, I wonder if it helps the turn this into a circus. The truth should come out in the court, so what's the point of doing the conference other than to cause a media uproar?
    You answered your own question at the end. Narratives are super important for leverage
    in building legal cases, and the lawyer directing the strategy knows the spurs have invested so much in their boyscout image. He’s banking they will be desperate to make this go away.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if H-E-B will continue to use Primo Picks, which I believe existed before Josh Primo, in their branding. Maybe it will depend on how big the Josh Primo story gets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol flashing goat to the Spurs' Wendy Rhodes
    lol posturing this as the result of some kind of trauma
    lol Self
    lol with the 12th pick in the 2021 NBA draft ...
    lol Brian Wrong
    lol GM suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome
    lol spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^that is going hard in the paint

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I know, the story about the Spurs doing an investigation is just part of the "Four Seasons Canon" as I've been calling it. I don't know that anything substantiated about what led to Primo's termination has been announced. There's a timeline where the Spurs immediately took seriously the first accusation they heard, investigated it, got the testimony for the psychologist, hooked her up with a lawyer and immediately waived Primo. But there's also a timeline where the Spurs downplayed/ignored rumblings about Josh's proclivities, including from their former psychologist, and then they heard she got a lawyer and planned to sue, which made them dump Primo.
    The Spurs hooked her up with a lawyer .... so that she could sue the Spurs? Do you really think SS&E has Tony Buzbee on their short list?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way the top brass is dumb enough to know about this prior to picking up his option and continue to talk about him being the future of the franchise...

But if they were, heads will roll
    Bro, with this organization, I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally paid him the cash so that he could fund his legal defense and/or pay the plaintiff off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She'll be answering questions on Thursday? This could get ugly for the Spurs in a hurry if they knew anything and didn't act.

prayingdog.jpg @ the Spurs releasing Primo the instant something like this came to their attention. The alternative could be Paterno-esque, tbh.
    Good changes need to happen
    They would be fools two weeks ago to pick up his option
    If they did they deserve what they get

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is significant interest in monitoring Primo's future among numerous NBA teams, team executives told ESPN.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rs-sources-say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs hooked her up with a lawyer .... so that she could sue the Spurs? Do you really think SS&E has Tony Buzbee on their short list?
    Think you're misinterpreting what I wrote. Basically there is a scenario where the Spurs handled this absolutely right at all times, even to the point of being self-sacrificing. And there's a scenario where they were conspirators with Primo. I thought RCD was running with a scenario close to ideal for the Spurs.

My guess is that the Spurs knew about Primo at least by the time the incident with the psychologist happened. The Spurs probably told Primo he had one more chance, and when the hotel thing happened and was confirmed, they cut him. Assuming they took precautions to make sure staffers weren't put in vulnerable positions around him, it's possible they met their actual burden. It's not clear that an accusation, even a credible one, would warrant announcing it to the world. We don't know if the psychologist came forward to the team and if she did, if she had a recommendation for what to do. For all we know, she told them to give him another chance and that his actions come from mental health issues. They may have worked with her on precautions before she left. Or she may have told them he should be let go, and they were like, "Assuming we keep him, how can we try to prevent this from happening again?"

There are so many different ways to interpret the situation. I don't think the Spurs are going to come out of this as cartoon villains or heartless. I think they're going to come out as a team that tried to work with a troubled player whom they thought was taking the steps he needed to to get better. They were doing the same thing some team is going to end up doing eventually. I know from experience that a lot of people with these types of problems are really good at pretending like they're taking accountability and thus avoiding the confrontation that is needed to address the issue. I think the Spurs wanted to believe Primo, and Primo was good at lying to himself and others to allay their concerns. I do think the Spurs released him hoping it would be the wake-up call he needed to fix his so he could come back. But I doubt they'll feel the same way once this whole thing is over. Primo used them, and their letting themselves get used might've caused suffering to others. If this psychologist isn't the only staff member Primo did this to, then this is going to get really ugly. The hotel worker is bad enough. But if the Spurs knew Primo was a risk to the work environment and they inadequately protected their employees from that risk, it'll cost jobs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this certainly exposes the depth of your depravity.
    Is this thing even a crime in west LA?

Lakers are desperate too…

Thread Information