Page 65 of 110 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So to add to this, it seems like Boston and Hayward are working to extend his option date until after the draft. This could mean one of two things. Either Hayward wanted to prevent the Celtics from dealing him on draft night (unlikely) or Hayward is gone no matter what and is giving Boston the chance to move him to a team he wants that'll let him keep his salary.

I wouldn't be surprised if that team were SA. They have LMA as a matching contract, and they could also throw Mills/Gay/Poeltl at the Celtics for Hayward and Kanter. If Mills gets rerouted to Philly for Richardson (who'd go to Boston for one of their late firsts), Gay stays in Boston to replace Hayward as the bench PF and Jakob becomes the Celtics' center of the future. If this is a no-picks deal or at worse a deal where SA drops to 14, I think it's worth doing.

Murray, White, vet PG
    Johnson, Walker, Weatherspoon
    DeRozan, Woodard (41)
    Hayward, Lyles, Samanic
    Aldridge, Smith (14), Kanter

That's an underrated team in terms of talent. If they can bring themselves to flip Murray and White, I think those units could compete with at least the second tier in the West.
    If SA is giving BOS talent and preventing them losing Hayward for nothing they better be getting a first from BOS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically that the Spurs might be trying to trade for Hayward. Boston would rather let GH walk instead of taking back bad money, and Hayward would probably like to keep his big final year of his deal. SA seems like a team that would want Hayward, either instead of LMA or to put in between LMA and DMDR. If they offer Poeltl in an S&T along with Mills and Gay. Mills would go to Philly for Richardson (which has been rumored before). The biggest issue with this is that Boston is a clear above-apron team and can't take back Poeltl in a sign-and-trade without shedding a bunch of salary. That's probably why they are willing to let GH walk in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA is giving BOS talent and preventing them losing Hayward for nothing they better be getting a first from BOS
    You're gonna have to get off the idea that SA is going to behave like the Hinkie Sixers. They'd be doing this trade to get a former All-Star on their roster, not because it's good future value. They aren't getting a pick out of this deal (which is moot because as I said, Poeltl can't be part of it). Hayward is by far the best player, and the Spurs are getting him without giving up a pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston already has too many guys under contract. I could see them sending back unwanted players (Poirier, Kanter) and giving up 26 or 30 for the trouble. They might have to pay to get someone to take those guys. Plus, they won't be able to roster all their '20 picks.

Ainge might package the picks together or he might draft and stash, but I don't think he'll keep all three of the later picks (26, 30, and 47).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge, DeRozan for Hayward, Kanter, Poirier and 14 makes sense to me. Or one of Aldridge or DeRozan plus Mills and Gay for the same package.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So to add to this, it seems like Boston and Hayward are working to extend his option date until after the draft. This could mean one of two things. Either Hayward wanted to prevent the Celtics from dealing him on draft night (unlikely) or Hayward is gone no matter what and is giving Boston the chance to move him to a team he wants that'll let him keep his salary.

I wouldn't be surprised if that team were SA. They have LMA as a matching contract, and they could also throw Mills/Gay/Poeltl at the Celtics for Hayward and Kanter. If Mills gets rerouted to Philly for Richardson (who'd go to Boston for one of their late firsts), Gay stays in Boston to replace Hayward as the bench PF and Jakob becomes the Celtics' center of the future. If this is a no-picks deal or at worse a deal where SA drops to 14, I think it's worth doing.
    I don't think Pop would want MAGA Hayward, and I don't think the Spurs replace one over-30 former all-star with another.

I could see a BOS-SA-IND deal though, sending Hayward to Indiana where he's from and just built/bought a new mansion, and sending Turner and filler like McDermott to SA.

Turner makes sense: Texas kid on the Spurs age curve.

Boston could prefer Aldridge to just getting Turner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston's GM is the 'other' Daryl Morey. I forgot about him. I could definitely see them being active and trading with us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Pop would want MAGA Hayward, and I don't think the Spurs replace one over-30 former all-star with another.

I could see a BOS-SA-IND deal though, sending Hayward to Indiana where he's from and just built/bought a new mansion, and sending Turner and filler like McDermott to SA.

Turner makes sense: Texas kid on the Spurs age curve.

Boston could prefer Aldridge to just getting Turner.
    Spurs' culture is diversity above all else. I could see them coveting Hayward and welcoming his views and having late night debates with each other cultivating knowledge and understanding.

Let's not forget, Spurs' ownership is MAGA as well.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading for Hayward would be consistent with the spurs' mo of trading for other teams' trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Harden trade goes through to Nets...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're gonna have to get off the idea that SA is going to behave like the Hinkie Sixers. They'd be doing this trade to get a former All-Star on their roster, not because it's good future value. They aren't getting a pick out of this deal (which is moot because as I said, Poeltl can't be part of it). Hayward is by far the best player, and the Spurs are getting him without giving up a pick.
    I disagree that 1) Hayward is the best player but even if you believed that to be true it stands to reason even more why BOS should give up a 1st vs losing a player of his caliber for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree that 1) Hayward is the best player but even if you believed that to be true it stands to reason even more why BOS should give up a 1st vs losing a player of his caliber for nothing.
    Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine, have fun with your late 1st round pick and no Hayward, BOS. Good luck improving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly, Atlanta is going for Hayward.

I don't know what's the deal with him delaying the player option decision till Thursday tho.

Could mean a SnT?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray, White, vet PG
    DeRozan, Woodard (41)
    Hayward, Lyles, Samanic

That's an underrated team in terms of talent. If they can bring themselves to flip Murray and White, I think those units could compete with at least the second tier in the West.
    Well, Gay, mills, and jakob for Hayward and Kanter is a win now move if we aren't going to amass draft capital. I'd still rather go rebuild but this is a plan b I guess. That's probably playoff team and then next year we have cap space, a few young guys, and a new coach.

Better than meh....but not great either because it prolongs the path back to real contention.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ran this scenario just to see if it would work...

https://tradenba.com/trades/5vdpJysas

Picks would have to come to San Antonio.

Golden State: Hayward, Gay
    Boston: Aldridge
    SA: Wiggins, 2, 14, and GS and Boston roster dumps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine, have fun with your late 1st round pick and no Hayward, BOS. Good luck improving.
    Fine, have fun not improving SA. I know a random fan of yours thinks losing talent is better than having it, but your front office doesn't intend to tank and passed up on a chance to improve the team's front court because they mistakenly assumed they were the only team we could trade with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ran this scenario just to see if it would work...

https://tradenba.com/trades/5vdpJysas

Picks would have to come to San Antonio.

Golden State: Hayward, Gay
    Boston: Aldridge
    SA: Wiggins, 2, 14, and GS and Boston roster dumps
    I don't see it. If Boston could get 2 from Hayward, they'd cut SA out and take Wiseman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is he washed up or would he be serviceable?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine, have fun not improving SA. I know a random fan of yours thinks losing talent is better than having it, but your front office doesn't intend to tank and passed up on a chance to improve the team's front court because they mistakenly assumed they were the only team we could trade with.
    Well then that’s fine. SA can still trade LMA for something or keep him. If you DONT trade Hayward however you are boned. There are no second chances after Thursday.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston couldn't get 2 for Hayward because they'd be unwilling to take back Wiggins and Looney.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray, White, vet PG
    DeRozan, Woodard (41)
    Hayward, Lyles, Samanic

I can see that with Indiana getting Hayward, Boston Aldridge and the spurs a first round pick and some players for the salaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well then that’s fine. SA can still trade LMA for something or keep him. If you DONT trade Hayward however you are boned. There are no second chances after Thursday.
    Not really though. The Celtics don't need to get something for Hayward. The entire reason why he's looking to leave is because they don't need him anymore. They want to get a center, but they will have the full MLE if Hayward walks, and they have three firsts to pursue one. Heck, they might even outbid SA for Poeltl outright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston couldn't get 2 for Hayward because they'd be unwilling to take back Wiggins and Looney.
    Maybe. But I also think GS isn't willing to give up 2 for Wiggins. Remember that they took him back for only a protected future first. If they think he's that irredeemably negative, they probably thought he was even more so before he had an okay end of the season with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly, Atlanta is going for Hayward.

I don't know what's the deal with him delaying the player option decision till Thursday tho.

Could mean a SnT?
    Boston supposedly wanted to get into the high lottery to take a run at 'Double O'.
    Probably delaying opt in 'til tomorrow to see if he is still there at #6 and thus be able to swing the trade centered around Hayward and Boston's multiple firsts.

Thread Information