Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1778
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone is going to get him, and it will likely be one of the top 3 teams. Since the new odds went into effect for the 2019 draft, the winners have been from positions 7,3,2,2. That’s a 75% hit rate for the top 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone is going to get him, and it will likely be one of the top 3 teams. Since the new odds went into effect for the 2019 draft, the winners have been from positions 7,3,2,2. That’s a 75% hit rate for the top 3.
    Higher than it should be? Top 4 combined is 54.5% to get number 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smooth.....reminds me of Ralph Sampson. RS was really good when healthy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random question, what do the "clutch time" stats say about Wembanyama?#NBADraft

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA would/should be very happy if we happen to get Wemby, or hopefully another game changing player in this draft if we don't get the aforementioned. When in the playoff mix/contending, The Spurs were as good as ANY of the bandwagon ESPN-sponsored teams at filling up arenas on road games. Fans loved to come watch their team play the Spurs when we were good. A good Spurs team is good for the NBA.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not running much smoothly tbh and his legs patterns to me are so much asking or injury....

High risk if you ask me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not running much smoothly tbh and his legs patterns to me are so much asking or injury....

High risk if you ask me
    Anyone you hear saying Wemby is not a high-risk prospect is fooling themselves, absolutely. That's always been a part of his profile, and a "necessary evil" given the risk is directly correlated to his insane height and mobility.

Still a no-brainer pick - you take that gamble every single day, and twice on Sundays for a franchise like the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When is ping pong ball day?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When is ping pong ball day?
    16th.

Two more weeks of suffering.

Dropping outside of top3 would be a diaster, but I'm fully prepared for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminder that a 14% chance at Wembanyama means an 86% that we don’t get Wembanyama. In fact, we’re almost twice as likely to get pick #6 as pick #1.

The expected value of our draft pick is 4.1. So at this point, our best guess of where the Spurs will end up picking in the draft is #4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminder that a 14% chance at Wembanyama means an 86% that we don’t get Wembanyama. In fact, we’re almost twice as likely to get pick #6 as pick #1.

The expected value of our draft pick is 4.1. So at this point, our best guess of where the Spurs will end up picking in the draft is #4.

Except if it's rigged...

If so, I have no doubt that 3 or 4 years in San Antonio is the best possible move for the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

well it is the same for the other tanking teams... so there is that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The odds of us picking 4 are lower than the odds of us picking 1. The expected value is the mean, or average over many iterations. If you run the lottery 2 times, and pick first and 7th, your mean value is 4 without ever having picked 4th.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except if it's rigged...

If so, I have no doubt that 3 or 4 years in San Antonio is the best possible move for the league.
    As A Spur fan of course you think that.
    Last edited by rascal; 05-02-2023 at 10:13 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy Dunker was only a 20% chance or so, right?

You Negative Nancys need to channel your energy on us getting Wama and returning to a 15 year run with Wama.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA would/should be very happy if we happen to get Wemby, or hopefully another game changing player in this draft if we don't get the aforementioned. When in the playoff mix/contending, The Spurs were as good as ANY of the bandwagon ESPN-sponsored teams at filling up arenas on road games. Fans loved to come watch their team play the Spurs when we were good. A good Spurs team is good for the NBA.
    Spurs did not have good TV ratings in their NBA finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except if it's rigged...

Man, hopefully Silver does us a solid and rigs the lottery in our favor. More often than not, and I hate to admit this but the Spurs have made interesting “villains” in the finals (at least from a non-Spurfan’s perspective), with the exception of 03 and 14.

99-antagonists to the Knicks’ Cinderella story
    05-will they topple the defensive juggernaut of the Pistions?
    07-will the King finally ascend to the throne?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As A Spur fan of course you think that.
    There is a plan. The guy is the next biggest name, hilights machine, game changer...
    They are taking care of his career since he's thirteen, sent him to Parker's team because Tony is a reliable and clever businessman, then to Paris for max exposure and personalized treatment, convinced coach Collet, who had other plans, to groom him during his last year in Europe. The least thing they want is to see him on a disfunctionnal team with boneheads and thugs, a bad coach and lunatic FO.
    SA is the obvious destination for his rookie contract, before leaving to a bigger stage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a plan. The guy is the next biggest name, hilights machine, game changer...
    They are taking care of his career since he's thirteen, sent him to Parker's team because Tony is a reliable and clever businessman, then to Paris for max exposure and personalized treatment, convinced coach Collet, who had other plans, to groom him during his last year in Europe. The least thing they want is to see him on a disfunctionnal team with boneheads and thugs, a bad coach and lunatic FO.
    SA is the obvious destination for his rookie contract, before leaving to a bigger stage.
    Yeah, if that's his ing plan, then he can ing rot in Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

High risk if you ask me
    Not sure what you mean, or if you've seen him play long enough, but being stunningly smooth, mobile and coordinated for his size is precisely what makes him so unique... And I'm also not sure anyone can make definitive judgments about injury risks with him. He's really special and different all around, and no one has any data or medical information about him to comfortly make any prediction.. He's being playing pro ball for 2 years and there's nothing letting anyone suggest there's more risks than with any other players, no matter his size. He might end up playing more games than Nephew in his career.... He's a no brainer anyway.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if that's his ing plan, then he can ing rot in Houston.
    Three years would be enough time for a run at N°6, you don't pass on that.
    Can't say for sure that he would not stay. He's a good guy, not conceited or selfish (for now) but it's a business, and you pretty much know that TD was special (and not expected to be the face of the league anyway). Do you believe MJ, Kobe or Lebron would have stayed in SA ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three years would be enough time for a run at N°6, you don't pass on that.
    Can't say for sure that he would not stay. He's a good guy, not conceited or selfish (for now) but it's a business, and you pretty much know that TD was special (and not expected to be the face of the league anyway). Do you believe MJ, Kobe or Lebron would have stayed in SA ?
    Three years isn't enough for a 'chip. His body isn't near robust enough to play a season yet. That will take 2 years.

If his plan is to go elsewhere, then he can start elsewhere. I don't plan on being a farm team for LA or NY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three years isn't enough for a 'chip. His body isn't near robust enough to play a season yet. That will take 2 years.

If his plan is to go elsewhere, then he can start elsewhere. I don't plan on being a farm team for LA or NY.
    Hate to say but I agree with this wholeheartedly. I'm not interested in SA being used as a developmental stop for any player/diva. all that nonsense.

That said, I'm also not convinced that's what he'd do. He doesn't strike me as a limelight guy. Not one to constantly be doing interviews or self-promoting social media postings, and the like. I feel like he knows how Parker thrived with one team for all but 1 yr of his career. SA seems to grow on most people, though certainly not all -- especially inner city kids (see neph and Demar). But Europeans and foreigners tend to enjoy it here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, hopefully Silver does us a solid and rigs the lottery in our favor. More often than not, and I hate to admit this but the Spurs have made interesting “villains” in the finals (at least from a non-Spurfan’s perspective), with the exception of 03 and 14.

99-antagonists to the Knicks’ Cinderella story
    05-will they topple the defensive juggernaut of the Pistions?
    07-will the King finally ascend to the throne?
    '05 Spurs defensive rating: 98.8 = 1st.
    '05 Pistons defensive rating: 101.2 = 3rd.

James was 22 during the '07 Finals, having dragged the Cavaliers to that point ahead of schedule.

Thread Information