Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1778
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That said, I'm also not convinced that's what he'd do. He doesn't strike me as a limelight guy. Not one to constantly be doing interviews or self-promoting social media postings, and the like. I feel like he knows how Parker thrived with one team for all but 1 yr of his career. SA seems to grow on most people, though certainly not all -- especially inner city kids (see neph and Demar). But Europeans and foreigners tend to enjoy it here.
    Not saying he would not want to stay, and I"m sure he would appreciate being drafted by SA (as some people of his entourage already said off the reccord) but if the plan is to promote him as the next numero uno it is kind of logical to see him going to a big market team. Hope I'm wrong on that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying he would not want to stay, and I"m sure he would appreciate being drafted by SA (as some people of his entourage already said off the reccord) but if the plan is to promote him as the next numero uno it is kind of logical to see him going to a big market team. Hope I'm wrong on that...
    Understand. Not blaming the messenger. Just don't want him to use SA because it's good for him now until when he can move to a team in a shiny market. That stuff is basically the end of the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I genuinely believe if Wemby knows he can sustainably win in SA, he'd be fine staying here. As mentioned, euro guys are less fascinated by playing in big markets and LA or NY don't have the same "mythology" to them for foreigners... It's 2023 anyway, you can promote yourself from anywhere on social media and Wemby will drag attention on his mere name and game, independently of the market. He just like to play and win, build a good team around him and he'll be fine. Reason why I hope SA will be aggressive already this offseason in the trade and FA market if they land him.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to say but I agree with this wholeheartedly. I'm not interested in SA being used as a developmental stop for any player/diva. all that nonsense.

That said, I'm also not convinced that's what he'd do. He doesn't strike me as a limelight guy. Not one to constantly be doing interviews or self-promoting social media postings, and the like. I feel like he knows how Parker thrived with one team for all but 1 yr of his career. SA seems to grow on most people, though certainly not all -- especially inner city kids (see neph and Demar). But Europeans and foreigners tend to enjoy it here.
    He's going to be tempted by the Lakers wherever he goes. Lakers always have their eyes on the top prospects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to be tempted by the Lakers wherever he goes. Lakers always have their eyes on the top prospects.
    Lakers were born on third thinking they hit a triple. Nothing new there. The problem is if he feels he HAS to go there or NY or Miami or other high profile stop because the NBA fails to market him adequately outside of one of those markets. If that's the case, the NBA is unsustainable outside of a 6 team league. I understand the next CBA is supposed to address this even more deeply than they did with the last one specifically to stop what began with nephew's shenanigans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers were born on third thinking they hit a triple. Nothing new there. The problem is if he feels he HAS to go there or NY or Miami or other high profile stop because the NBA fails to market him adequately outside of one of those markets. If that's the case, the NBA is unsustainable outside of a 6 team league. I understand the next CBA is supposed to address this even more deeply than they did with the last one specifically to stop what began with nephew's shenanigans.
    The Lakers lured away Wilt , Abdul-Jabbar, Shaq and Lebron off other teams spanning 50 years and the NBA is still here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/ins...-antonio-spurs

A relatively neutral take on how Wemby will fit on the Spurs. I love the part where they talk about how Wemby will fit in with the Spurs, I mean, he fits in with every single team in the league. I can't really think of any team that can't use Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if that's his ing plan, then he can ing rot in Houston.
    He already said he would be happy in SA, and I actually posted that his whole family hopes he will land there. Stop thinking he’s attracted by big markets, he’s not that kind of kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the last sentence : « Wembanyama is like a video game player with all the settings set to max come to life » ^^

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How high do you think 33 + 44 can get us?

How about 33 + 44 + cha pick?

I think there's going to be a couple interesting players in the 17-25 range that fall...

Also, how do you see Johnathan Isacc's value in Orlando right now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How high do you think 33 + 44 can get us?

How about 33 + 44 + cha pick?

I think there's going to be a couple interesting players in the 17-25 range that fall...

Also, how do you see Johnathan Isacc's value in Orlando right now?
    I don't think the 44 will move the 33 much, maybe a few spots at most.

The CHA pick plus 33? Don't really know. I feel like that would get you into the 20s. Difficult one because it may not convey, yet is better than the pick they're getting. (Tho teams value current drafts far more than future ones.)

I agree that there are players who will get hit in the range you mention, just like last year when Kessler and Branham were found there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The CHA pick plus 33? Don't really know. I feel like that would get you into the 20s. Difficult one because it may not convey, yet is better than the pick they're getting. (Tho teams value current drafts far more than future ones.)

I agree that there are players who will get hit in the range you mention, just like last year when Kessler and Branham were found there.
    Some of the mocks that came out today are kinda wild... Hawkins ranging from 10 in one mock to mid 20's in another..(I've got him in tier 4 at #9)... Jackson and Murray in the mid 20's (I've got them mid teens)... any of those 3 guys in the mid 20's look like a nice fit here in certain scenarios to me.

On the Jonathan Issac question, I'm wondering how much Orlando wants to get off of his contract...

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelton Draft pick trade value chart:

Here's an updated version of my draft pick trade value chart that takes into account this year's increase in salaries for first-round picks. As always, note that this reflects what picks should be worth based on historical outcomes. In practice, teams pay a premium to move up.
    #44 = 440 points
    #33 = 590 points
    = 1030 points

#22 = 1040 points
    #23 = 980 points

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#44 = 440 points
    #33 = 590 points
    = 1030 points

#22 = 1040 points
    #23 = 980 points
    Thanks.... that looks like a move we should explore..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On paper your guess sounds fair, but it depends a lot on the cir stances. Charlotte essentially traded #13 for a lottery protected pick from a contender (ultimately ended at 27) plus a few seconds. That's not fair value, yet they didn't want to take on the guaranteed salary of an extra pick. So who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#44 = 440 points
    #33 = 590 points
    = 1030 points

#22 = 1040 points
    #23 = 980 points
    It's EXTREMELY unlikely #44 gets you to jump from #33 to #23

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He already said he would be happy in SA, and I actually posted that his whole family hopes he will land there. Stop thinking he’s attracted by big markets, he’s not that kind of kid.
    Nobody said he's attracted by big markets, but you should know how the NBA is functionning in terms of marketing. They need a player to be THE megastar, the face of the league, recognised everywhere around the globe, even by non basketball fans. Next time you meet non sports-fans friends talk about Doncic, Jokic, Embiid, Harden, Durant or Giannis (or TD for the matter)... then say: Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Lebron, well I guess you get it. And what happened to these megastar players, where did they go ? Did they really have the choice ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jump for +3 not for +10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's EXTREMELY unlikely #44 gets you to jump from #33 to #23
    Yeah, I don't think the #44 is worth much. At least in draft capital. A team may want to buy it, one that doesn't have any picks or really wants another swing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't think the #44 is worth much. At least in draft capital. A team may want to buy it, one that doesn't have any picks or really wants another swing.
    With three FRPs in the hopper from last year, and another from this draft, I pretty much see us selling both SRPs this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With three FRPs in the hopper from last year, and another from this draft, I pretty much see us selling both SRPs this year.
    I definitely don't think we're adding 3 rookies to this roster..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no reason we don't take on 2 prospects, provided they're interesting. This is as good of a time as any to develop talent. Unlikely 3, though (except draft & stash for, say, Nnaji or Coulibaly).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My feeling is they'll try to pull two rookies. That #33 is a bit tasty but odd -- it's worth more than teams will pay for it, but not that much alone in trade.

I agree with mo7888 that we're likely to see some good prospects tumble out of the lottery. It's a weird draft. Not like I'd NOT want a top pick, but I feel like the value is skewed in ways I've made clear elsewhere. I think you'll see late lottery value in the early twenties, maybe even mid-lottery value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If someone interesting is out there (regardless of range) and we can get him with Charlotte's pick + #33 + #44 + as many future seconds as necessary, I'm all for it. Say Keyonte George falls to 15 or 16 (not likely, but possible), I'll do it. Charlotte's pick is capped at 15 and may not convey at all, so why wait if you can use it now.

Thread Information