Page 69 of 153 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3819
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was watching Zion's preseason highlights. Don't think Wemby is ready to defend Zion currently. At most could probably be a help defender and block from Zion's blind side.
    Zion will likely play his requisite 40 games, and then be on the shelf again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby’s defensive assignments are likely to be matchup specific.
    We probably won’t see him starting off against guys like Zion or Jokic or Embiid who could easily dislodge him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby’s defensive assignments are likely to be matchup specific.
    We probably won’t see him starting off against guys like Zion or Jokic or Embiid who could easily dislodge him
    I suspect he'll struggle against players like that, but on the other hand his absurd length could still cause problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect he'll struggle against players like that, but on the other hand his absurd length could still cause problems.
    There's Zollins and Bassey for these guys, Wemby will play 4 for against them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think even if Zion bumps him off his spot, Wemby can still get his shot, using that absurd length.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wemby out - guess its - stuck watching the hole cowboys...

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    spurs front office member is leaking info to red about wembanyama

@3:40

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "wemby does 1-2 things every day that ive never seen"

pretty sure ive heard that from spurs players in press conferences

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    definitely a leak and not brent barry just hyping up his young star to a respected former player with a decently sizeable platform

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama, so far, is as good as the hype dictates.

IMO he's a lock to be at least an all-star in 2-3 seasons. His floor is likely a 3rd team all-NBA defense. He's among the most mobile bigs in the league already and that is not a statement that can be made lightly.

Ceiling is off. Limit is off. There is no analogue for this guy. He could drop 40 and 20 with 10 blocks in a game this year and I wouldn't be shocked at all.

The thing is his game isn't just athleticism or size. Dude has great instincts and he has something that I don't see from a lot of bigs, and that's a drive to be aggressive to the ball. His intangibles are nearly as ridiculous as his physical traits. He's gonna grow into being a leader of this team by season's end. Kid is just a perfect specimen of a big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An all star this year tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama, so far, is as good as the hype dictates.

IMO he's a lock to be at least an all-star in 2-3 seasons. His floor is likely a 3rd team all-NBA defense. He's among the most mobile bigs in the league already and that is not a statement that can be made lightly.

Ceiling is off. Limit is off. There is no analogue for this guy. He could drop 40 and 20 with 10 blocks in a game this year and I wouldn't be shocked at all.

The thing is his game isn't just athleticism or size. Dude has great instincts and he has something that I don't see from a lot of bigs, and that's a drive to be aggressive to the ball. His intangibles are nearly as ridiculous as his physical traits. He's gonna grow into being a leader of this team by season's end. Kid is just a perfect specimen of a big.
    There is no third Team All D, just two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An all star this year tbh
    Possible. He has a strong narrative with all the hype.

I think he'll definitely be worthy of the ASG from a skills perspective, but he might struggle to put up the numbers/minutes needed to get the votes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expected him to avg around 14 or 15 ppg early in the season and then move that up to around 17 or 18 later in the year, but I'm realizing now that is too low.
    He'll average at least 18 ppg right away and easy to imagine 20+
    That likely makes him an all-star in his first year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possible. He has a strong narrative with all the hype.

I think he'll definitely be worthy of the ASG from a skills perspective, but he might struggle to put up the numbers/minutes needed to get the votes.
    Doubt he'd be voted this year, but if the TV ratings are high, he's an easy reserve/replacement appointment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expected him to avg around 14 or 15 ppg early in the season and then move that up to around 17 or 18 later in the year, but I'm realizing now that is too low.
    He'll average at least 18 ppg right away and easy to imagine 20+
    That likely makes him an all-star in his first year
    Yeah. My expectations for this season are 21-7-4 with 1.8 blocks per game.

Next year we'll see the takeoff... 25/9/5 and 2.6 bpg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would absolutely bet that Wemby makes the All-Star game, voted in. I have little doubt. He's going to be far more popular than we as Spurs fans are used to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would absolutely bet that Wemby makes the All-Star game, voted in. I have little doubt. He's going to be far more popular than we as Spurs fans are used to.
    There are a lot of team's fans hating on us right now, and they may take it out on the AS voting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. My expectations for this season are 21-7-4 with 1.8 blocks per game.

Next year we'll see the takeoff... 25/9/5 and 2.6 bpg.
    He's going to have more blocks than that. He can get anyone's shot anywhere. He even got a block that was out of reach of Bassey, when he was 2 feet behind Bassey. There' no adjustment you can make to not get blocked, other than hoping his back is turned or passing the ball away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to have more blocks than that. He can get anyone's shot anywhere. He even got a block that was out of reach of Bassey, when he was 2 feet behind Bassey. There' no adjustment you can make to not get blocked, other than hoping his back is turned or passing the ball away.
    It's certainly possible. I'm trying to temper my expectations somewhat as the NBA season can be a real grind and I don't know that we want Wemby rising up to contest every shot in a season that likely ends at Game 82.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a lot of team's fans hating on us right now, and they may take it out on the AS voting.
    How does that happen? A few Rockets fans might not vote for him? Good Lord how horrible. Meanwhile he already has fans all over the place. He'll get in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does that happen? A few Rockets fans might not vote for him? Good Lord how horrible. Meanwhile he already has fans all over the place. He'll get in.
    China is Rockets territory. Has been since Yao.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China is Rockets territory. Has been since Yao.
    Yeah but Chinese Rockets fans might not hate the Spurs like the American ones do. Asia loves "out of the ordinary" people.

Thread Information