Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We back tbh

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    VERY slow safeties. But they can make up by being smart.
    Run defending linebackers not quick enough. 33 David Gbenda has improved but let’s see. Jaylon Ford is a great instinctive LB but not a sideline to sideline backer. Our Dline and CB, nickels are very good Imo. D is hugely improved though overall. We lost our fastest LB in the draft.

Offense. Runblocking not that good needs to improve. I can’t emphasize enough how good our 2 RBs were last year. They had to make so many moves to get out of the backfield last year to get loose. Those 1st and 3rd round draft choices are obviously gone. But there is the chance the new RBs get much better blocking as the season progresses. Our receivers are very good. Our linemen can be very good if they learn to work as a unit. They are individually talented.
    Lol you guys just beat Bama in their house.

"Uh yeah guys, still not sold"

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Sooners in shambles

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sooners in shambles
    Gonna make them our woman at the RRS

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    SEC

Bama
    LSU
    Florida
    South Carolina
    Texas AM

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Uh… we should have beat them last year with their Heisman QB and FIRST PICK in the draft.
    Did that give us the big 12 and the playoffs?

And we don’t have Bijan Robinson and R. Johnson to bail us out.

We are definitely better. Would you take Vegas Odds for UT to win the big 12 and the big 12 playoff?
    If yes you think it’s a done deal I would say. Give us the le now stuff. Injuries and weird happens.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-09-2023 at 11:14 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Especially with TT nickel and diming us all the way down the field again.
    I absolutely do not take for granted how badly Big 12 teams want to beat us.
    Im just glad we have you guys late and in Austin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    SEC

Bama
    LSU
    Florida
    South Carolina
    Texas AM
    Wut?

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Credit to Sarkisian’s play calling.
    He apparently can now extend it to the 2nd half this year.

I really forgot on a big kudos.

We also dropped 2 touchdowns td passes.
    Sark is first Saban assistant to beat Saban at home.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-10-2023 at 12:21 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bama needs a QB and they will be fine

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Absolutely.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    One more neat fact

Alabama has NEVER beaten Texas when Alabama fails to injure our QB in the first quarter.
    Series record 8-2-1
    Im really stretching modern day stuff here…

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    No. They need top class talent across the roster. The salad days get further back every season. The SEC teams are cleaning our clock in amassing talent that we used to gobble up, skinnin' & grinnin' the entire way. Things change and if you're not ready for that change with a counter then what's been happening the last few seasons will continue to happena, and, get worse. We have good players, but no play makers. We're responding instead of initiating. We're afraid, instead of confident. We're tiptoeing instead of attacking. There is no confidence and it's painful to watch. But to ignore it is recklessly perilous.

Post Count
    Credit to Sarkisian’s play calling.
    He apparently can now extend it to the 2nd half this year.

I really forgot on a big kudos.

We also dropped 2 touchdowns td passes.
    Sark is first Saban assistant to beat Saban at home.
    & he's a stand up guy like the fellow at Georgia, names escapes me. They're former Bama coaches, but they did right coming and going from there and I have nothing but happiness for them. How it has worked twixt Saban and these coaches is how it is suppose to work in the reality. That rarely happens, but it has happened again and again with these men.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Uh… we should have beat them last year with their Heisman QB and FIRST PICK in the draft.
    Did that give us the big 12 and the playoffs?

And we don’t have Bijan Robinson and R. Johnson to bail us out.

We are definitely better. Would you take Vegas Odds for UT to win the big 12 and the big 12 playoff?
    If yes you think it’s a done deal I would say. Give us the le now stuff. Injuries and weird happens.
    Well yeah injuries happen, but that's different than calling your guys slow.

Who else out there will win the big 12? The only other team I see out there that's trouble is K State.

If you don't think you can beat them or everyone else in the conference after leveling Bama in their kitchen, I'm not sure what else to tell you.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Especially with TT nickel and diming us all the way down the field again.
    I absolutely do not take for granted how badly Big 12 teams want to beat us.
    Im just glad we have you guys late and in Austin.
    You look at stats, it took a bunch of freak scenarios for Tech to beat UT last year. OU as well.

Would you really ever bet anyone that Bijan would fluke fumble on the first play in OT?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well yeah injuries happen, but that's different than calling your guys slow.

Who else out there will win the big 12? The only other team I see out there that's trouble is K State.

If you don't think you can beat them or everyone else in the conference after leveling Bama in their kitchen, I'm not sure what else to tell you.
    The question was what could be better. Our safeties are slow. It is a problem on long passes. You saw it tonight!
    OU is always different.
    K State absolutely. K State QB is better than Milroe.
    Iowa St. with that damn 3 safety thing, same with TCU.
    The real question are we good enough to be the team everyone wants to beat and then actually win?
    We have NOT been for ~ 15 years. We have NOT been good with a target on our back in a long time.
    It’s just the truth. We are not Bama, Georgia. We are a blue blood that can be beat so we are a great team for haters to watch.
    Dallas Cowboy like. Just not quite as bad as the Cowboys (1990s last hurrah)

That’s it.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-10-2023 at 02:02 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You look at stats, it took a bunch of freak scenarios for Tech to beat UT last year. OU as well.

Would you really ever bet anyone that Bijan would fluke fumble on the first play in OT?
    Tech did exactly what they had to do. Did you see what it took to beat Iowa St. in Austin? K St. AND Baylor? Did you see how those games went our way. Did you see how we scored 7 pts against TCU on a defensive TD and then see how many pts almost EVERY OTHER team scored on them?

Make a bet for UT to win the conference AND the conf championship game in the Big 12 who, according to the commish, is “kicking our ass out”. Take a screenshot of that bet and make it more than 2 dollars. Easy money, right? You think UT goes 0 losses last year in the big 12?
    I hope you win.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-10-2023 at 02:03 AM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech did exactly what they had to do. Did you see what it took to beat Iowa St. in Austin? K St. AND Baylor? Did you see how those games went our way. Did you see how we scored 7 pts against TCU on a defensive TD and then see how many pts almost EVERY OTHER team scored on them?

Make a bet for UT to win the conference AND the conf championship game in the Big 12 who, according to the commish, is “kicking our ass out”. Take a screenshot of that bet and make it more than 2 dollars. Easy money, right? You think UT goes 0 losses last year in the big 12?
    I hope you win.
    Being sold on a team isn't the same thing as saying they're a sure thing. They're the clear favorite. That's it.

My Team
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Post Count
    I see UT losing to KState and some random road opponent like Baylor. Would be nice to see them prove me wrong and get to the CFP though.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The question was what could be better. Our safeties are slow. It is a problem on long passes. You saw it tonight!
    OU is always different.
    K State absolutely. K State QB is better than Milroe.
    Iowa St. with that damn 3 safety thing, same with TCU.
    The real question are we good enough to be the team everyone wants to beat and then actually win?
    We have NOT been for ~ 15 years. We have NOT been good with a target on our back in a long time.
    It’s just the truth. We are not Bama, Georgia. We are a blue blood that can be beat so we are a great team for haters to watch.
    Dallas Cowboy like. Just not quite as bad as the Cowboys (1990s last hurrah)

That’s it.
    yeah, that's been the problem...and why it's hard to predict how a UT season will go. The talent is always there, it's being able to last through the entire Big XII schedule when you're everybody's Super Bowl week in and week out. Always playing against players who hate Texas and have a chip on their shoulder because they didn't offer them a scholarship.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Milroe is fine, they just need to block way better. Their line looked like ours last week

Post Count
    Sooners in shambles
    They ain't been truly right since they ran Switzer and his Bone off. The kicker? The absolutely livin' end, Frosty? He ends up in Texas with the Cowboys and Super Bowl's. I thought regular sports media &&& even MSM were going to have double coronaries. They still ain't over it yet...

LMAO!!!

"Oh, we're not counting this!"
    "Oh, he's not really the coach!"
    "Oh, he's not all there. Look at him, he should be in a hospital, just not in Texas."
    "Oh, it's a blight upon the game forever more!"
    "Oh, please fire him retroactively, Jerry!"
    "Oh, Aikman hates him so much. Oh!"
    "Oh!"

[It] (Switzer winning a National le + that Super Bowl) was kindly akin to Trump making President. & like Trump, Switzer knew it on-the-spot---he'd gotten in there and busted their hole when they wasn't lookin'. tee, hee.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Being sold on a team isn't the same thing as saying they're a sure thing. They're the clear favorite. That's it.
    Ok agree.
    They are definitely the favorite with OU right behind.

I never did understand the "we are back thing" . What new level are we on now that we can say we are back?

Thread Information