Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    again.. so beating the panthers = him being better?

you do realize Seattle has the best secondary in the league, right? we have a great front 7.. as shown by shutting down lynch.. but our DB's are horrible... thus pass success..

it's nothing like a mirror image like you are suggesting... it's easier for teams to pass on carolina than seattle.. it's a fact.. and it shows no representation of who is better
    Seattle had the #1 pass defense, Panthers had #6. stop acting like you were bottom half. lol "easy to pass against" yet #6 in the league. lol most sacks in the nfl, but easy to pass against

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You guys are killing me, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avante....no NFC QB has ever had a better first two seasons
    The Midgets...oh yeah, well how about Big Ben.

Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    You guys are killing me, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avante....no NFC QB has ever had a better first two seasons
    The Midgets...oh yeah, well how about Big Ben.

Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stop being an attention . You're a grown man tbh

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Wilson has the higher completion percentage overall on average. And, Wilson has a higher completion percentage in any one season.

Completion Percentage:

Wilson: 63% (64% Best year)
    Newton: 59% (61.7% Best year)

40 Yard Dash:

Wilson: 4.55
    Newton 4.59

Cam has do ented that on his 40 time he reacted late to the signal, thus the slow time. Luck also has a faster 40 than Cam... but in reality Cam is obviously faster than Rus... it's easy to see in games. I'm not saying Rus isn't fast.. but if you want to go by those 40 times I guess I cannot argue your point.

So Rus is more accurate.. like I already stated. Cam still has a way higher ceiling, more throwing power.. all he has to do is mature his game (like he's been doing yearly) and he can seriously be a top 5 QB on a consistent basis.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Seattle had the #1 pass defense, Panthers had #6. stop acting like you were bottom half. lol "easy to pass against" yet #6 in the league. lol most sacks in the nfl, but easy to pass against
    okay.. i guess it's cool to ignore the fact that our DB's were the downfall in every one of our losses... the last second TD by Buffalo... Brees raping us in the second half... the 49ers late pass to Boldin..

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    okay.. i guess it's cool to ignore the fact that our DB's were the downfall in every one of our losses... the last second TD by Buffalo... Brees raping us in the second half... the 49ers late pass to Boldin..
    lol if the #6 pass defense is your achilles heel, how did you guys NOT win the superbowl?

cam led your team to 13 points vs the saints in that loss. NICE. they scored 10 in the loss to SF. cam had 1 TD and 2 picks

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    lol if the #6 pass defense is your achilles heel, how did you guys NOT win the superbowl?

cam led your team to 13 points vs the saints in that loss. NICE. they scored 10 in the loss to SF. cam had 1 TD and 2 picks
    he also led us to 5 game winning drives... pretty sure that's more than your team even won this year

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count

Cam has do ented that on his 40 time he reacted late to the signal, thus the slow time. Luck also has a faster 40 than Cam... but in reality Cam is obviously faster than Rus... it's easy to see in games. I'm not saying Rus isn't fast.. but if you want to go by those 40 times I guess I cannot argue your point.

So Rus is more accurate.. like I already stated. Cam still has a way higher ceiling, more throwing power.. all he has to do is mature his game (like he's been doing yearly) and he can seriously be a top 5 QB on a consistent basis.
    Russell doesn't have to progress/mature. He's there, and he will consistently stay ahead of Newton. He's just a smarter, more polished guy with a top notch work ethic. It didn't take Wilson three years to learn how to lead men, he knew how to before coming out of college. He didn't have to learn how to communicate and be the face of a franchise, he already knew how to. He didn't need to learn how to run a pro offense, he came in ready. All signs point to Russell continuing to out shine Newton despite Newton's physical attributes. At some point potential becomes a memory, and you are who you are. What will come of Newton? Who knows. But he isn't better than Russell right now.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he also led us to 5 game winning drives... pretty sure that's more than your team even won this year
    it was. but i'm not the one proclaiming the raiders or any of their players to be better than they are. you are the one trying to shove down everybody's throats

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Russell doesn't have to progress/mature. He's there, and he will consistently stay ahead of Newton. He's just a smarter, more polished guy with a top notch work ethic. It didn't take Wilson three years to learn how to lead men, he knew how to before coming out of college. He didn't have to learn how to communicate and be the face of a franchise, he already knew how to. He didn't need to learn how to run a pro offense, he came in ready. All signs point to Russell continuing to out shine Newton despite Newton's physical attributes. At some point potential becomes a memory, and you are who you are. What will come of Newton? Who knows. But he isn't better than Russell right now.
    Russell spent all four years in college and played. He is definitely more polished right now. With that being said, that does not make him better. His ceiling is significantly lower than any of the big QB's (Luck, Newton, RGIII). Cam is progressing every year and after this past year, there is no telling how well he could be. If his passing game continues the trend it's on, he's going to be scary good.

And by the by, Wilson is not the team leader. Cam joined the Panthers off a 2-14 squad, and brought them to 12-4. He's had to do it himself. Their offense is depleted.. Cam is pretty much the offense. And he still brought them to a bye and one game behind your "stacked" Seahawks.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Stop being an attention . You're a grown man tbh
    In case you haven't noticed I don't have to do much to get attention, ok?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dude, the Panthers ain't never did a ing thing and if we look at the best players they have ever had they ain't had , so cool the crazy talk, ok?

Donald Hayes one of your best receivers ever, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Biaukabutuka one of your best backs ever, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top QB...Jake Delhomme....hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Avante; 02-08-2014 at 10:10 PM.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Russell spent all four years in college and played. He is definitely more polished right now. With that being said, that does not make him better. His ceiling is significantly lower than any of the big QB's (Luck, Newton, RGIII). Cam is progressing every year and after this past year, there is no telling how well he could be. If his passing game continues the trend it's on, he's going to be scary good.

And by the by, Wilson is not the team leader. Cam joined the Panthers off a 2-14 squad, and brought them to 12-4. He's had to do it himself. Their offense is depleted.. Cam is pretty much the offense. And he still brought them to a bye and one game behind your "stacked" Seahawks.
    What gives them a higher ceiling? Their height, and physical ability? Get real.

Wilson isn't the leader of the team? Wilson is the face of the franchise whether anyone likes it or not. And just because someone is controversial (Sherman), it doesn't make them a leader.

Cam did it himself? Yeah, because he was a part of that stalwart defense this year. I'm not trying to take anything away from Cam, he had a of a year, this year. But he isn't a better quarterback than Wilson. He is a better physical Specimen though.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    What gives them a higher ceiling? Their height, and physical ability? Get real.

Wilson isn't the leader of the team? Wilson is the face of the franchise whether anyone likes it or not. And just because someone is controversial (Sherman), it doesn't make them a leader.

Cam did it himself? Yeah, because he was a part of that stalwart defense this year. I'm not trying to take anything away from Cam, he had a of a year, this year. But he isn't a better quarterback than Wilson. He is a better physical Specimen though.
    The fact that Wilson is already polished. Cam's passing in particular has improvement that needs to be made, and he's improved over the past three years.

Cam was the leading rusher on the team the past two years I'm pretty sure . He does everything for the team.

But whatever.. say what you want... Russell could never turn around a franchise like Cam did.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    If Russell Wilson was 6'5 I'd never have to defend the guy. But if he was 6'5, he wouldn't be a Seahawk, so I'll take it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I just wanna hear somebody say it......okok Russell Wilson is better than RGIII is ever going to be.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    The fact that Wilson is already polished. Cam's passing in particular has improvement that needs to be made, and he's improved over the past three years.

Cam was the leading rusher on the team the past two years I'm pretty sure . He does everything for the team.
    Just because someone is polished, doesn't mean they are not done progressing. Luck is polished, but he is far from being finished as far as his growth is concerned, for example. Russell is getting better year to year as well.

Cam led the Panthers in rushing just one year. And, unlike Wilson, Newton ran a lot so far in his career because of his issues with progressions. Although he is improving to a degree.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    And, unlike Wilson, Newton ran a lot so far in his career because of his issues with progressions.
    care to explain?

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    His issues with progressions is known and do ented, and as a fan of the team you should know first hand. Do you want game tape? Let me go to the vault. Come on son.

His progressions and mechanics have always been a problem. And like I said, he is improving to a degree.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Look man, I'm not saying Cam will not become a good QB. He has had a good year like I said, and is progressing, like I said. But He isn't currently better than Wilson, and nothing points to him becoming better than Wilson.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    can't play for on the road
    wtf i thought i already disproved this myth? why dont you ever listen to the intelligent posters here that actually do some sort of research?

Abdallah went 6-2 this year with both losses coming by less than 7 to playoff teams

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    If has so much more "throwing power" than Wilson, why were only 20.3% of his pass attempts deep passes compared to 25.5% for Wilson? Why did Wilson have 6 air yards per attempt compared to 4.8 for ?

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?pos=QB

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ...this thread is one brutal flogging.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    If has so much more "throwing power" than Wilson, why were only 20.3% of his pass attempts deep passes compared to 25.5% for Wilson? Why did Wilson have 6 air yards per attempt compared to 4.8 for ?

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?pos=QB
    how about you look at this advanced stats for cam's first two years instead of looking at one year's worth.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I had a feeling everyone was seeing what I was seeing and dying to start......Yep RW is something special.

Thread Information