Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those pesky welfare programs that OUR taxpayer dollars support didn't exist for the majority of our history - when the American dream was alive and well. When stats show that immigrants are coming in and ending up on welfare at very high rates - that's when things need to change. Don't come if you intend to be a burden to American taxpayers. I don't see any of you liberals commenting on those immigrant/welfare stats. Do you really want to be paying for that?
    When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not wrong him. The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as one of your citizens; you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt; I am the Lord your God” (Leviticus 19:33-34).

Can I get an amen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my dream is to leave this rock behind and you ers in the dirt. in the mean time, i'll just keep on keeping on.
    What rock? You mean like you want to be an astronaut?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not wrong him. The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as one of your citizens; you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt; I am the Lord your God” (Leviticus 19:33-34).

Can I get an amen
    don't worry blake we'll just start quoting your holy quran.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can I get an amen
    don't worry blake we'll just start quoting your holy quran.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What rock? You mean like you want to be an astronaut?
    sure, who doesn't want to explore space though i already have on lsd and the like. i'm trying to get beyond the void homie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure, who doesn't want to explore space though i already have on lsd and the like. i'm trying to get beyond the void homie.
    That explains much

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cherry pick stats to ignore all the positive economic contributions of immigrants and then wonder why anyone likes them. Its embarrassing especially who supposedly is an immigrant
    Figure 6. Welfare use is high both for new arrivals and well-established immigrants

Any Welfare

Native 30%

Immigrants
    < 5 years in the US - about 50%
    5 to 10 years - about 51%
    11 to 15 years - about 54%
    16 to 21 years - about 56%
    > 21 years - about 47%

https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-I...ive-Households

So after > 21 years, 47% of them are on welfare. Welfare should be for a pick me up if you fall on bad luck - not a LIFESTYLE.

I am not embarrassed at all. I got in line, came here legally, lived the American Dream and want my children to live that American Dream and that doesn't look like that's gonna happen. What do you think is going to eventually happen to the country with open borders and immigrants coming in and half of them STILL on welfare AFTER > 21 YEARS?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That explains much
    it does. psychedelics explain a whole of a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figure 6. Welfare use is high both for new arrivals and well-established immigrants

Any Welfare

Native 30%

Immigrants
    < 5 years in the US - about 50%
    5 to 10 years - about 51%
    11 to 15 years - about 54%
    16 to 21 years - about 56%
    > 21 years - about 47%

https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-I...ive-Households

So after > 21 years, 47% of them are on welfare. Welfare should be for a pick me up if you fall on bad luck - not a LIFESTYLE.

I am not embarrassed at all. I got in line, came here legally, lived the American Dream and want my children to live that American Dream and that doesn't look like that's gonna happen. What do you think is going to eventually happen to the country with open borders and immigrants coming in and half of them STILL on welfare AFTER > 21 YEARS?
    How about stats related to immigrants effects on economic growth?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a thoroughly pathetic inability to understand the American dream
    what do you mean? isn't the american dream where a rich person from one country comes to america to be rich here?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about stats related to immigrants effects on economic growth?
    Who is the one who brought up the "positive economic contributions of immigrants"? Who should be the one to provide stats to back up that statement?

Common sense says that if that high a percentage of immigrants are on welfare for > 21 years, that the rest of them don't balance them out. There should be a sizable number who are struggling (just like the average American) but not on welfare and some (but probably a small percentage) are doing well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do you mean? isn't the american dream where a rich person from one country comes to america to be rich here?
    Nobody said that they had to be rich but they should have some skill, education, language that indicates that they will be a positive to America and not a drain (as in not being among the 47% on welfare after > 21 years)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AaronY with usual bads I usually just scroll past when I see the creepy jailbait sig. Doubt you'll get an answer rmt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt you'll get an answer rmt.
    That's rich

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you referring to my not answering your quote from the Bible? IMO, it's pretty weak if you won't debate the topic on its merits and resort to quoting bible verses when I've already said I'm not going to discuss religion on this board. Look where my last attempt to answer a biblical question ended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: 94 Percent of Confirmed Non-Citizens in Federal Custody Unlawfully Present

Survey of federal prison population finds almost 60,000 known or suspected aliens

More than 35,000 individuals held in federal custody are unlawfully present in the United States, according to new data released Thursday by the Department of Homeland Security.

DHS counted some 58,766 known or suspected aliens in federal custody for the end of fiscal year 2017. Sixty-four percent of those individuals have been confirmed by Immigration and Customs Enforcement to be illegal aliens, while the remainder are still under investigation by ICE to determine their immigration status.

The total is divided among 39,455 people held in facilities administered by the federal Bureau of Prisons, as well as 19,311 people held in pretrial detention by the U.S. Marshals Service.

Among those whose status had been confirmed, 94 percent were determined to be unlawfully present. That includes a 92 percent unlawful rate among those in BOP custody, and a 97 percent rate among those in USMS custody.

This report, the third released this year, was released pursuant to an executive order issued by President Donald Trump in January. That order instructed DHS and the Department of Justice to collaborate in collecting information about incarcerated immigrants, towards the end of enacting the president’s aggressive immigration reform agenda.

Immigrants make up 22 percent of the federal prison population, as compared against 13.5 percent of the overall population. However, much of this disparity may be attributable to the federal government's responsibility for policing immigration offenses specifically—as of 2016, 62.8 percent of non-citizens incarcerated at the federal level faced charges of illegal reentry, an immigration offense.

The new report does not provide information about the distribution of offenses among the confirmed or suspected illegal alien offender population. Senior administration officials indicated that that information would be available in future reports, and referred reporters to information from the United States Sentencing Commission, which they said suggested that non-citizens were more likely to be convicted of immigration, money laundering, and drug offenses, especially along the southern border.

In general, non-citizen immigrants commit crimes at lower rates than U.S. citizens, and are less likely to be incarcerated than citizens. It is unclear as to what explains this disparity, though explanations include the threat of deportation that immigrants may face if caught committing a crime, thus adding to their overall possible punishment as compared against citizens.

Even one crime committed by an unlawfully present individual is too many in Attorney General Jeff Sessions's opinion.

"The simple fact is that any offense committed by a criminal alien is ultimately preventable. One victim is too many," Sessions said. "It's time for Congress to enact the President's immigration reform agenda so that we start welcoming the best and brightest while turning away drug dealers, gang members, and other criminals."

Also absent from the report is any information about incarceration of known or suspected aliens in state or local custody. These jails and prisons account for more than 90 percent of America's overall incarceration, meaning that the lack of state-level data leaves a con uous hole in the overall information in the report.

"DHS and DOJ are working to develop a reliable methodology for estimating the status of state and local incarcerated populations in future reports," the report noted.

Recently appointed Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen nonetheless saw the report as evidence of the need for more work by her department.

"While the administration is working diligently to remove dangerous criminal aliens from our streets, this report highlights the fact that more must be done," Nielsen said. "We will continue to pursue President Trump's immigration priorities, including securing the border, enhancing interior enforcement, and pursuing a merit-based immigration system, but Congress must act immediately to adopt obvious solutions to strengthen DHS and DOJ efforts to confront dangerous criminal aliens."

Such policy solutions include an end to chain migration and the implementation of a merit-based system like the one proposed by Sens. Tom Cotton (R., Ark.) and David Perdue (R., Ga.) in the RAISE Act, a bill the Trump administration backs.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/report-94-percent-confirmed-non-citizens-federal-custody-unlawfully-present/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is the one who brought up the "positive economic contributions of immigrants"? Who should be the one to provide stats to back up that statement?

Common sense says that if that high a percentage of immigrants are on welfare for > 21 years, that the rest of them don't balance them out. There should be a sizable number who are struggling (just like the average American) but not on welfare and some (but probably a small percentage) are doing well.
    WHy should I post anything? You won't believe it anyway.

then you'll get back to your main agenda when it comes to immigrant facts:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one believed the 90% poll from CBS I posted or the 83% from Fox News which is a liberal propaganda machine apparently and he wants to post more facts so he can say theyre made up too lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you referring to my not answering your quote from the Bible? IMO, it's pretty weak if you won't debate the topic on its merits and resort to quoting bible verses when I've already said I'm not going to discuss religion on this board. Look where my last attempt to answer a biblical question ended.
    I didn't ask you a question. I do think evangelical Christians that are against daca are ridiculously huge hypocrites.

No, it was for Chris. He hates answering questions about the things he posts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POLL: Majority Of Americans Agree With Trump On DACA, Immigration

Voters across both party lines appear to be in agreement with President Donald Trump’s immigration priorities, a new Harvard-Harris Poll finds.

The poll, weighted to be broadly representative of the U.S. population, found that 65% of voters overall agreed with Trump’s position that any bill codifying Obama-era protections for illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children should be accompanied by funding for a wall, ending chain migration, and ending the diversity visa lottery program.

The individual elements of each of Trump’s demands remain broadly popular as well. On the most controversial subject of the border wall, 53 percent of respondents said they supported “building a combination of physical and electronic barriers across the US-Mexico border,” and 61 percent said current security along the US-Mexico border is inadequate.

79 percent of respondents said they believed “immigration priority for those coming to the U.S. should be based on a person’s ability to contribute to America as measured by their education and skills or based on a person having relatives in the US.” The statement is broadly representative of Trump’s bid to end chain migration via family ties and prioritize immigration policy that favors high skilled individuals.

The diversity visa lottery program saw a similar 68 percent disapproval by voters.

Negotiations between the White House and Capitol Hill are likely to escalate further as a new February 9 deadline approaches. Senate Democrats ended a three day government shutdown Monday largely fueled by a current impasse over DACA and funding for a border wall, which Democratic lawmakers have insisted is a waste of money.

Trump however has made clear funding for the wall is an absolute must in any deal along with his two other immigration priorities.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/22/poll-majority-of-americans-agree-with-trump-on-daca-immigration/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn even the polish are catching L's from cadet bone spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

a tax paying, productive father and husband on the verge of being sent back to a country he's never stepped foot in

and taxpayers have to pay to keep his ass in jail for no reason

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tee hee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count