Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie with another good game. He’s been averaging about 19pts the last 4 games. That emphatic dunk was pretty impressive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the only game I'll get to.go.to this year so I'm happy that it was a of a game. That Lonnie dunk god daaaaaamn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor game defensively for both teams.

Only exception was when SA was running that full court press that messed up Washington's game flow, bigly.

Wonder why pop stopped using it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie keeps on playing like this, and those monstrous dunks could get him an offer too high for Spurs to match. I really like him to be a spark coming from the bench specially if he could line those consistently. There are times he could be unguardable

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the was Vassell doing with that inbound? Man, he’s been so disappointing
    Does ANYBODY still think it wasn’t an error to pass on Haliburton?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton looks nice, but he'd still be just another guard in our already crowded rotation.

Hopefully its just the sophmore slump for Vassell and he puts it together. I like his physical tools but he seems to still be struggling to find his spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't remind me, man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton looks nice, but he'd still be just another guard in our already crowded rotation.

Hopefully its just the sophmore slump for Vassell and he puts it together. I like his physical tools but he seems to still be struggling to find his spots.
    IMO, he’s trying to do much. If he focused on imitating the McDermott role for now, he’d excel. I mean, he did excel when doing that early in the season. Now, sometimes he thinks he’s Kobe and will pull up after getting zero separation because he has no first step.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think it’s sop re slump finding the balance between his way and Pop’s coaching. That’s where Lonnie struggle but seems to be doing a better job the last four games, Lonnie that is. Devin is a more natural player than Lonnie in both sides of the court. I’m sure he’ll get over the hump. Devin needs to put on muscle weight though. Kuzma was just going through our guys last night. And Devin needs to learn to take some charges like D-White did, as part of his defensive growth. I still think Devin will be that player to score 20+guy alongside Murray. I’m not worried about him.
    Last edited by John B; 02-26-2022 at 11:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon will be the 20+ ppg guy next year. His scoring around the rim is back to the way it used to be. Combine that with his current 3pt shooting and any offseason work… he’s getting there. He’s only four points off of it right now. Several more 30 pt games and he could get there this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a fun game to watch, this team is so interesting. Lonnie coming up big, flashing at the right moment. The biggest disappointments were Vassell struggling and Satoransky getting any minutes. I hope the Satoransky minutes was because they’re taking on Miami tomorrow.
    I think it was more that Primo, Richardson, and Romeo were all out last night, they really had no choice to give him some PT. Hopefully they're all back tonight or at least one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 point lead with just over a minute to go. They score. Ok fine, whatever. Then Murray turns it over, layup. Now up 4 with under a minute left. Just use clock and get a good shot....poor offense every possession. Then Murray, in a boneheaded move, shoots the ball too soon. They have over a second to get a shot off. I honestly, expected us to lose in regulation.....in another epic Spurs way to take a loss from a victory. I have seen far too many of this moments in over 40 years. But, we get to OT. It was a of an extra period. Yet, once again, Murray shoots too soon leaving time on the clock. Once again the Wizards miss, phew....2OT here we come. Finally, the Wizards ran out of magic and we got the win. Still, I am so sick of us not fouling and only giving up 2 at the most. We always give up the 3 attempt, and so many times it has come back to bite us.

It was a uva game, felt like a playoff game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 point lead with just over a minute to go. They score. Ok fine, whatever. Then Murray turns it over, layup. Now up 4 with under a minute left. Just use clock and get a good shot....poor offense every possession. Then Murray, in a boneheaded move, shoots the ball too soon. They have over a second to get a shot off. I honestly, expected us to lose in regulation.....in another epic Spurs way to take a loss from a victory. I have seen far too many of this moments in over 40 years. But, we get to OT. It was a of an extra period. Yet, once again, Murray shoots too soon leaving time on the clock. Once again the Wizards miss, phew....2OT here we come. Finally, the Wizards ran out of magic and we got the win. Still, I am so sick of us not fouling and only giving up 2 at the most. We always give up the 3 attempt, and so many times it has come back to bite us.

It was a uva game, felt like a playoff game.
    Hope all this stuff with Murray is just part of the learning process. Kinda can't blame him for trying to do too much now that he's an all-star. Maybe some humble pie would be good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope all this stuff with Murray is just part of the learning process. Kinda can't blame him for trying to do too much now that he's an all-star. Maybe some humble pie would be good.
    It certainly is. The only positive over tanking is giving the guys these close games and finally win it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did hit a huge 3 pointer to get to OT after all the mistakes but yeah he’s going to start to become a focal point for opposing teams. He’s never really gotten double teamed in his career in the NBA, he will figure it out though. Keldon is going to benefit from this the most. This is what he said last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did hit a huge 3 pointer to get to OT after all the mistakes but yeah he’s going to start to become a focal point for opposing teams. He’s never really gotten double teamed in his career in the NBA, he will figure it out though. Keldon is going to benefit from this the most. This is what he said last night.

But this is why it's important to have an all-star caliber player on the team.... so he can help others be better. You are 100% right that KJ will benefit. If they are smart players they will take full advantage. This is certainly an critical step in becoming a good team.

Thread Information