Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Post Count
    Awesome that this place is up and Running gonna be sweet.

Big UPS to Evan and Dallas, for getting MOD duty. You guys deserve it.

We have Mods up in here?

Post Count

Best part is….give me 5 hours and I am not sure I could name you 10 people who play in the NBA. Haha

Post Count
    We have Mods up in here?
    Yep

So i guess Evan is going to start infracting me for talking about Lyoto Machida

Yep

What kind of "powers" do you mods have? Can I pay you to ban certain posters from here?

I know they are stand up guys, i was just joking ....maybe!!

Post Count
    Yep

The mod rights on this forum is basic mainatance rights. Spam…merging threads etc.

And Lyoto Machida is the most sound technical MMA fighter alive.

Post Count
    And Lyoto Machida is the most sound technical MMA fighter alive.
    Yep he has got the Hit Em and run like technique down to an art.

Call me when those highlight Reel KO's come

Post Count
    *furiously looks for the ban button *

LOL

Post Count
    In all honesty Evan, all kidding aside, after watching UFC 84 and his fight with o a few times i am convinced Lyoto is not going to be a great champ in the UFC. The game-plan from what i can see to beat him if you are a big time striker at 205 like Rampage and Silva is get in his face, force him to fight you. He doesn't really hit that hard, he has almost no KO's on his record, mostly decisions. He is not as great a wrestler as some at 205. He has very good takedown defense but his style is all about, in and out, throw a lot of faints, leg kicks, jab, right hand get the out of the way. Strikers at 205 that are willing to absorb some of those shots to chase him down and make him fight can beat him. They'll have the time to get it done. Like i said he doesn't have one shot KO power.

Thoughts

Post Count
    In all honesty Evan, all kidding aside, after watching UFC 84 and his fight with o a few times i am convinced Lyoto is not going to be a great champ in the UFC. The game-plan from what i can see to beat him if you are a big time striker at 205 like Rampage and Silva is get in his face, force him to fight you. He doesn't really hit that hard, he has almost no KO's on his record, mostly decisions. He is not as great a wrestler as some at 205. He has very good takedown defense but his style is all about, in and out, throw a lot of faints, leg kicks, jab, right hand get the out of the way. Strikers at 205 that are willing to absorb some of those shots to chase him down and make him fight can beat him. They'll have the time to get it done. Like i said he doesn't have one shot KO power.

Thoughts
    Not many have 1 shot KO power. Thats a pretty unique skill and a lot of 1 shot ko guys end up on the mat out of nowhere.

Lyoto has fought a mere 13 times…3 are KO's. Sounds like an incredibly balanced fighter to me.

Do I think he will ever be a chamption? I have no idea…I really don't. But I appreciate the fact that he brings something different.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    But I appreciate the fact that he brings something different.
    That's why I like watching him so much - he fights like nobody else. Which is why so many don't like him.

Conform! Conform! Or we'll boo you!

That's why I like watching him so much - he fights like nobody else. Which is why so many don't like him.

If Des likes him, then so do I!!

Post Count

He is the perfect example of the evolution of a MMA fighter. He is pretty good at a lot of things but he just hasn't reached the masses, yet.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    If Des likes him, then so do I!!
    That's sweet. When eventually Evan or dallas finds a reason to ban you I'll try to talk them out of it

Post Count
    That's sweet. When eventually Evan or dallas finds a reason to ban you I'll try to talk them out of it
    I'm working on a list...

he's so close

, why thank you!!

I'm working on a list...

he's so close
    LOL come on Evan you wouldnt ban me after all we have been through hahaha.

Post Count
    Thanks again Kori and Tim…appreciate it.

Post Count
    I'm also putting all BJ Penn fans on notice. I will be talking tons of smack before and after GSP whips him in Jan

I'm also putting all BJ Penn fans on notice. I will be talking tons of smack before and after GSP whips him in Jan
    I actually got into a argument over this fight with a friend who is into MMA. I told him no way BJ wins that fight. They are both great fighters but BJ is a lazy ass compared to GSP. GSP is a very disciplined fighter and I dont see him not doing his homework on Penn. GSP by sub round 3!!!

Post Count
    I actually got into a argument over this fight with a friend who is into MMA. I told him no way BJ wins that fight. They are both great fighters but BJ is a lazy ass compared to GSP. GSP is a very disciplined fighter and I dont see him not doing his homework on Penn. GSP by sub round 3!!!
    It is a dangerous fight for GSP because BJ is so versatile but i am VERY confident he is going to win that re-match. And win it with no doubts. This is really a fans fight. BJ has not fought at 170 since he lost to Matt Hughes a few years ago. 155 is really where he belongs. He is not nearly as naturally big and strong as some of 170 pd contenders. He is getting this fight because they had a close first fight, and BJ i think is whining to the UFC that he does not want to wait any longer for the re-match. He is a guy that needs to be motivated. After beating Sherk, a le fight at 155 against Florian, (Who he'd beat easy) does not thrill him. A 5 RD le fight with GSP at 170 though, probably has him creaming in his pants.

It is a dangerous fight for GSP because BJ is so versatile but i am VERY confident he is going to win that re-match. And win it with no doubts. This is really a fans fight. BJ has not fought at 170 since he lost to Matt Hughes a few years ago. 155 is really where he belongs. He is not nearly as naturally big and strong as some of 170 pd contenders. He is getting this fight because they had a close first fight, and BJ i think is whining to the UFC that he does not want to wait any longer for the re-match. He is a guy that needs to be motivated. After beating Sherk, a le fight at 155 against Florian, (Who he'd beat easy) does not thrill him. A 5 RD le fight with GSP at 170 though, probably has him creaming in his pants.
    hahah yeah but when they fought the first time GSP wasnt as seasoned as he is now IMO. GSP will destroy him now. So what do you think, GSP in what round and how?

Post Count
    hahah yeah but when they fought the first time GSP wasnt as seasoned as he is now IMO. GSP will destroy him now. So what do you think, GSP in what round and how?
    I see GSP using his wrestling to control the fight and he wins a lopsided decision or finishes BJ in Round 4 or 5 with strikes, referee stoppage. GSP is one of the finest conditioned athletes in the sport who seems to have tunnel vision since his loss to Serra. He is always training, always sharp and working on some aspect of his game. We are talking about a guy that at UFC 79 stepped into the main event against Matt Hughes on 30 days notice and completely smashed him in 2 rounds. Hughes didn't even lay a glove on him.

The Sherk fight with Penn while BJ won it, i don't see where he will dominate GSP. Sherk's game-plan was so awful in that fight. He is a good wrestler who is a cardio freak. BJ has better cardio now, but nowhere near as good as Sherks. He did not push that fight on BJ at all. He just traded with him in the center of the ring for 2 and a half rounds. He wasn't even fainting and attempting to take BJ down so he'd be more tired as the fight went on. GSP will not make that mistake. He'll push that fight and take it to BJ with all aspects of his game. BJ has great hands and he hits pretty hard but he does not use his kicks all that much and you can get him with leg kicks. GSP has some of the best kicks in all of MMA. I see him kicking BJ's legs until they are friggin blue, softening him up for takedowns as the fight wears on. GSP's wrestling is maybe pound for pound the best in MMA. He got 4 takedowns in the first fight, he'll get BJ down in this fight and do it often. GSP took damage in Round 1, largely due to an eye poke that screwed with his vision. So i say he wins a decision or wears BJ out by Round 4 or 5 with his superior conditioning and takes him out.

I love breaking down fights, God Bless this new Forum

Post Count
    ^^^^^now thats some analysis

Post Count
    ^^^^^now thats some analysis
    LOL, i try

Thread Information