Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW if Uruguay and Argentina meet I will bet.. that's for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Argentina is going to have it very tough in the round of 16, be that against Uruguay or Mexico. They're both better teams than they're given credit for, dangerous players up front, good technically and well coached. With as fragile a defense as we've shown so far, a gaffe in the knock out stages like Demichelis' would be very difficult to overcome, particularly against the Uruguayans.

And should we advance, which we still should, that kind of toll early on you pay on the later stages, much like it happened in France 98 (round of 16 vs. England) and Germany 06 (round of 16 vs. Mexico), were both games went to extra time and ended up costing us big time in the quarters vs. Holland and Germany respectively.

Unfortunately, while I'd much prefer to face South Africa and France, it looks like no matter what we'll still get one of those two teams, so I guess we'll have to just deal with it and take our rest vs. Greece. I just hope that by the time we face them Samuel is back on the lineup and Maradona realizes Jonás Gutierrez is not a right back. That should tremendously help our cause. Otherwise we're in deep .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Maradona will play this team against Greece:

Romero

Otamendi Demic is Burdisso Clemente

Maxi Bolatti Veron

Messi

Aguero Milito

A mix of starters and subs, seeing that Messi will play I don't know why Higuain doesn't start too, help the guy win the golden boot.

P/S: Messi will be the captain.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Maradona will play this team against Greece:

Romero

Otamendi Demic is Burdisso Clemente

Maxi Bolatti Veron

Messi

Aguero Milito

A mix of starters and subs, seeing that Messi will play I don't know why Higuain doesn't start too, help the guy win the golden boot.

P/S: Messi will be the captain.
    I'd rather give Milito a chance honestly. Higuain has done very little in the past two games. The three goals he scored against South Korea could have been scored by anyone playing in his place. He did nothing out of the ordinary. I think he'd been pretty crappy in fact. I think Milito can be a much more creative piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather give Milito a chance honestly. Higuain has done very little in the past two games. The three goals he scored against South Korea could have been scored by anyone playing in his place. He did nothing out of the ordinary. I think he'd been pretty crappy in fact. I think Milito can be a much more creative piece.
    Don't underestimate the ability of knowing how to move to be right where you need to be, remember when we used to play with Aguero, Tevez and Messi toghether and we didn't play like we are playing right now. That's 'cause none of them knows how to move as a center forward: playing always in the line of the last defender, pivoting, making diagonals to open up spaces for others, etc. you may say well Milito can do the same, and it's probably true but Higuain IMO is a better player, he's younger, faster, stronger, ambidiextrous, and more talented with the ball. Besides after scoring a hat-trick his confidence is as high as it can be, I think that (now that I see that Maradona won't put all subs) it would have been better to let the guy keep boosting his confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We better win. Don't care who plays. I wanna make sure we go 1st in the group.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't underestimate the ability of knowing how to move to be right where you need to be, remember when we used to play with Aguero, Tevez and Messi toghether and we didn't play like we are playing right now. That's 'cause none of them knows how to move as a center forward: playing always in the line of the last defender, pivoting, making diagonals to open up spaces for others, etc. you may say well Milito can do the same, and it's probably true but Higuain IMO is a better player, he's younger, faster, stronger, ambidiextrous, and more talented with the ball. Besides after scoring a hat-trick his confidence is as high as it can be, I think that (now that I see that Maradona won't put all subs) it would have been better to let the guy keep boosting his confidence.
    yeah, he's also missed about as many easy chances as the goals he's made. I don't trust him personally. I want to see what Milito can do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, he's also missed about as many easy chances as the goals he's made. I don't trust him personally. I want to see what Milito can do.
    Did you know he was the most effective scorer in Europe? (that means that he was the striker that needed to take the least amount of shots to score). I wouldn't sub him just for an unlucky game against Nigeria, in which, I must add, he played fairly well aside from his missed chances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was the coach I'd still bench Veron. He is the midfield best desicion maker of the team and he always have that kind of muscular injuries. Already being qualified risking Veron could end up being something you may regret on semi's or a potential Final.

Thread Information