Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    robbing a store had nothing to do with his being unarmed and shot multiple times, although I appreciate how you get suckered by the FPD:

1) already in deep for their cop murdering an unarmed kid

2) already in deep ship for their militarized response disaster and losing control of their own town to the state cops.

3) so they try to protect themselves and their murderous cop by smearing the kid with a video totally unrelated to the murder.
    He's a thief, violent individual and a fat fk. Good riddance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardly a surprise. It is the nationwide norm that police forces make an effort to mirror the demographics of their community.
    Do you just make up and see if you get called on it, then split if someone does?

Ferguson's PD is 94% White - And That's Basically Normal in the US.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...n-white-police

The Ferguson, Missouri police department has faced criticism for its response to an officer shooting dead 18-year-old Michael Brown—its riot gear, how it has protected the officer’s iden y, and that it reportedly neglected a key witness to Brown’s death. And many of these critics, including Vox, Mother Jones, and the editorial board of the New York Times, have pointed out the lack of racial diversity of Ferguson’s police force: Ferguson’s population is 67 percent black, but African Americans make up just 5.6 percent of the police force. Consider this number in the context of St. Louis’ deeply segregationist and discriminatory history—today, the city is still the sixth-most segregated in the country.

But Ferguson’s police department is also more or less average in its diversity. A 2007 survey of local police forces across the country from the Department of Justice showed that the average for a city of Ferguson’s size—21,000—is an 87.5 percent white police force, and 5.6 percent black. The national average for all local police stands at 75 percent white.

The police forces in large cities tend to be the most diverse, reflecting their populations—cities of one million or more average police forces that are 56 percent white, and 17.6 percent black. Generally, police forces get less diverse as you move down in population size.

Of course, these are just averages and they do not take into account the diversity of the cities themselves. Research also suggests, though, that representation makes a difference in how a community views and trusts police. For example, a 2011 study from the Department of Justice found that a driver stopped by an officer of the same race was more likely to think the reason was legitimate than a driver stopped by an officer who looked different (83 percent vs. 74 percent viewing the stop as legitimate). In Ferguson, blacks are stopped 86 percent of the time and searched 92 percent, though few are found with contraband.

Diversity of officers is not the answer to all of the problems in the law enforcement system, Nusrat J. Choudhury, an attorney with the ACLU’s Racial Justice Program, told me. The New York Police Department is the most diverse force in the country, but a judge found its Stop and Frisk program violated people of color’s civil rights. The disparity in New York’s Stop and Frisk program look a lot like Ferguson’s issues—83 percent of the stops targeted minorities who made up half of the city’ population. And 90 percent of the people stopped were innocent.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    robbing a store had nothing to do with his being unarmed and shot multiple times, although I appreciate how you get suckered by the FPD:

1) already in deep for their cop murdering an unarmed kid

2) already in deep ship for their militarized response disaster and losing control of their own town to the state cops.

3) so they try to protect themselves and their murderous cop by smearing the kid with a video totally unrelated to the murder.
    Don't rob a store using violence and get caught on camera and no one can smear you with it. It's disgusting seeing people excuse that sort of behavior.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't rob a store using violence and get caught on camera and no one can smear you with it. It's disgusting seeing people excuse that sort of behavior.
    no excuse at, PFD releasing that totally irrelevant, UNRELATED vid THIS WEEK was a self-defensive smear, was inflammatory, as the people showed again last night.

That's one ing dumb, ignorant, incompetent police force.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    according to independent journalists and residents of ferguson, there are people not from the neighborhood inciting violence and looting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    no excuse at, PFD releasing that totally irrelevant, UNRELATED vid THIS WEEK was a self-defensive smear, was inflammatory, as the people showed again last night.

Was Brown a criminal yes or no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    They must have read your post and decided they gave a about black people.

http://1newsjunkie.blogspot.com/2014...ia-is-now.html
    the Missouri Citizen’s Militia is NOW IN Ferguson to protect innocent Americans from the tyrannical ‘police state’ according to the linked facebook post from Aaron Penberthy. Missouri’s Militia was recently at Bundy Ranch protecting innocent Americans from the CORRUPT FEDS who have NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TERRORIZE INNOCENT Americans. Straight from the lips of Penberthy on Facebook:

Aaron Penberthy If peaceful protesters get fired upon, it is my duty to uphold the cons ution Clay Martin. If innocent families are being attacked, I have no choice but as a human being to go defend.
    good to see at least a few of the militia gun nuts aren't racist pieces of .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Of course mono is mad, he's a mongrel married to a jewess

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Trill, are you or any of your twitter followers aware the police were told to stand down?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trill, are you or any of your twitter followers aware the police were told to stand down?
    yup. the police weren't told to stand down until yesterday. they weren't protecting businesses prior to that. they were too busy throwing tear gas and flash bangs at non violent protestors.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    As a business owner in Ferguson, are they allowed to shoot thiefs in their store?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he tweeted "punk black kid", he'd be out of a job

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Please ensure me you are not White.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Going to crack a few beers and watch the live feed tonight. Apparently the black panthers are heading security. Should be a fun night watching these dip s burn down their own community.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Here's nice incident map of the "peaceful" protests

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/em...8.k_AxWZwk4ODM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ferguson pd is ran by a bunch of red necked neanderthals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    angry resident telling the governor to 'speak with your chest' lol. dude looked nervous as fucc up there!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some SAWM trying to bribe the kid who was live tweeting the shooting(i posted his tweets a few pages bacc)

man these people are inherently evil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the community

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a curfew starting at mignight ain't much of a curfew, should be dusk to dawn

Thread Information