Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-w...oncern-spurs/]
    34-year-old Tony Parker has been really, really bad. Like, worst-starting-point-guard-in-the-league bad.
    Through four games (TP has already gotten Gregg Popovich’s trademark rest treatment in one contest), Parker has put up career lows in points per game, true shooting percentage, assist percentage and PER, along with a career-worst turnover percentage. San Antonio is getting outscored by 11.4 points per 100 possessions when he’s on the floor, which is a worse net rating than any of the other regulars on the squad by more than 10 points per 100 possessions.
    He’s simply getting dominated on both ends by his matchups, which have been a pretty standard cross section of the league’s point guards (Stephen Curry, Ty Lawson, Goran Dragic and George Hill):
    Article goes into a lot of detail about his stats, etc.... don't want to copyright problems, but he goes into some detail, then he comes down to ask that old gambit ironic question: what does he do?

So if Tony is not getting to the rim and hardly creating any offense on his bread-and-butter play, why is he still starting and playing 26.5 minutes per game? It’s a valid question.
    If you’re a low-usage offensive player, which Parker has become in the wake of Kawhi’s emergence, you’d better be providing either solid defense (like Andre Roberson or Tony Allen), dangerous three-point shooting (Channing Frye or Kyle Korver) or some of both (Patrick Beverley). Parker is doing neither, which makes it difficult to justify his position in the Spurs’ starting lineup.
    The case is made that Mills should be starting and playing more... it's really nothing we haven't seen or talked about here...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i'm fine with not having a perfect team. just don't want parker on it.
    I mean that's cute and all....But if you followed the off season you saw the spurs trying to get rid of Parker and bringing in Conley. Or Durant. We won't get to run simulations of the team with mills, Murray, or Conley as the starting pg so there's only so much to argue about. I won't cry if Parker gets benched, traded, or retires, unlike you and your ilk who cry all the time.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I mean that's cute and all....But if you followed the off season you saw the spurs trying to get rid of Parker and bringing in Conley. Or Durant. We won't get to run simulations of the team with mills, Murray, or Conley as the starting pg so there's only so much to argue about. I won't cry if Parker gets benched, traded, or retires, unlike you and your ilk who cry all the time.
    i did follow the offseason. stop acting like you know what the FO was trying to do, you don't know .

"you saw the spurs trying to get rid or parker" i ing wish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i did follow the offseason. stop acting like you know what the FO was trying to do, you don't know .

"you saw the spurs trying to get rid or parker" i ing wish.
    LMAO, we only talked about this for nearly a month. The spurs drafted a pg, last year they traded for one. They auditioned like six d league guys to play pg, they've had Kawhi bring the ball up, they're giving mills more minutes. The FO knows what everyone knows. Finding a pg is easy, finding a championship level one is not.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    LMAO, we only talked about this for nearly a month. The spurs drafted a pg, last year they traded for one. They auditioned like six d league guys to play pg, they've had Kawhi bring the ball up, they're giving mills more minutes. The FO knows what everyone knows. Finding a pg is easy, finding a championship level one is not.
    this is what you said: "you saw the spurs trying to get rid of parker." that's false.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is what you said: "you saw the spurs trying to get rid of parker." that's false.
    Oh no, a metaphor! .....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So losers finally see the light after 2 years?

I swear to God regular season vanilla mainstream fans are sp ing late at everything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-w...oncern-spurs/]

Article goes into a lot of detail about his stats, etc.... don't want to copyright problems, but he goes into some detail, then he comes down to ask that old gambit ironic question: what does he do?

The case is made that Mills should be starting and playing more... it's really nothing we haven't seen or talked about here...
    , I'd sign Mario Chalmers right now and start him over Parker.

Wish Parker would pull an Arian Foster or Andre Johnson.. tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I read somewhere some weeks ago Mario is still rehabbing and projected to be available sometime in March... I think it was during the offseason when it was rumored Cleveland and Lebron wanted to recruit him when he's available. He'd fit with Kawhi, plays off the ball, is active on defense, with size, and is capable of hot shooting streaks. We'd have to see how he's come back from his injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I didn't even know Mario was available. He has always been a head-scratcher to me. I always thought he was pretty competent and received an unjustified amount of criticism. Trouble is: who do you want to drop to create a roster spot for him?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Oh no, a metaphor! .....
    that's not a metaphor

and
    at first you defended what you said like you meant it as being literal:
    LMAO, we only talked about this for nearly a month.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    k... said "you saw the spurs trying to get rid of parker."

i called bull , he defended it. i called bull again... then he said it was a metaphor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many leaders. KL is the leader. Parker is getting residuals from his earlier sacrifices. Its part of a long standing issue/attribute with the Spurs. Fans appreciate the family mentality but then want streamlining at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, the mystique in San Antonio is going to peter out in a couple seasons and people will bail.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, the mystique in San Antonio is going to peter out in a couple seasons and people will bail.
    Still winning, still seemingly high character guys filling the roster, no off court issues. If tony gracefully retires and TD joins the FO or even just goes to a lot of games like Robinson...

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    k... said "you saw the spurs trying to get rid of parker."

i called bull , he defended it. i called bull again... then he said it was a metaphor

You guys should just make a truce.

If the Spurs are indeed looking for a replacement, that's good.
    I guess ideally for them they could bring him off the bench.
    But right now they basically have only him as PG, along with an undersized SG, and 2 "might be NBA players" rookies.
    Kawhi, as much as he has improved, is still not a point forward they can use like Lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take offense to saying Parker is currently a better passer than Kawhi. Most of Tony's assists are coming from simple pick and pops with LA and Aldridge require simple passes within the offense. Meanwhile all of Kawhi's assists are coming from drawing multiple defenders and finding the open man with, a lot of time, a difficult pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take offense to saying Parker is currently a better passer than Kawhi. Most of Tony's assists are coming from simple pick and pops with LA and Aldridge require simple passes within the offense. Meanwhile all of Kawhi's assists are coming from drawing multiple defenders and finding the open man with, a lot of time, a difficult pass.
    Qft

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually this board has wanted him to play less and less of a role for years. Now he is and you guys hold it against him. I would expect nothing less from people who don't hold logic in high regards.
    The problem isn't Tony. His reduced contributions are expected. The problem is that Popovich is in denial about Tony's ability to contribute. His best role now is probably on the bench, where he can go up against second and third tier players.

Let Kyle or Manu start - guys who can facilitate ball movement and have good size.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, I guess Kawhi is a good player. Gonna have to think about that some.

Thread Information