Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way that happens is if Kim nukes us.
    That could happen too tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand this either. The guy is hurt and isn't healing properly. In what way is that the Spurs fault, especially when they've been overly cautious?
    They misdiagnosed his injury last year thus mishandled it until Kawhi sought out second opinions from his own medical team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did they up?
    They misdiagnosed his quad injury from last season. They determined it was a just a sprain and nothing serious. Kawhi had to get a 2nd opinion to find out it was tendinopathy during the off-season.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What was misdiagnosed? Does he not have tendinopathy? If not what does he have? Who has diagnosed it correctly?
    Alot of rumors going around that Kawhi went to his own doctors to get a second opinion. And was worse rhan originally thought. IDK we will see. but it is strange. Pop said this is nothing like they had seen before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They misdiagnosed his quad injury from last season. They determined it was a just a sprain and nothing serious. Kawhi had to get a 2nd opinion to find out it was tendinopathy during the off-season.
    But during the season THIS YEAR Kawhi said the injury was not from last year. So Kawhi lied on camera then? Also, where did you hear about the misdiagnosed sprain? Is there a link?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    According to Jalen Rose he wants out because of the roster.
    It's partly his fault the roster looks the way it does. If he wants change, he's going to have to step out from the shadows and voice his concerns and opinions to the powers that be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rumors are that he wants out because of the roster and team direction. Him being a pussy about his quad injury is not the reason he supposedly wants out
    Did you already miss/forget about the Woj article yesterday? It made no mention of the roster or team direction. Also that "pussy" played the entire post-season and parts of the regular season with that injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alot of rumors going around that Kawhi went to his own doctors to get a second opinion. And was worse rhan originally thought. IDK we will see. but it is strange. Pop said this is nothing like they had seen before.
    Exactly, rumors. They may or may not be true but so many people are talking like rumors are 100 percent true but anything coming from the Spurs or Kawhi's camp is not true. It's funny what people choose to believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But during the season THIS YEAR Kawhi said the injury was not from last year. So Kawhi lied on camera then? Also, where did you hear about the misdiagnosed sprain? Is there a link?
    It's all just rumor mill . No one here really knows the validity of anything

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media is causing all of this to snowball. They want it to, not often they can take digs at the Spurs' organization. Many have been waiting to kick them while they're down - and this is as good as any opportunity.

At the end of the day, it's much ado about nothing. Kawhi and Pop may not be as close as Timmy and Pop, but Kawhi still sees him as a father figure. That isn't a bond that is easily broken.

Is the injury frustrating? Sure. But both sides are frustrated by it - it isn't a unilateral frustration. Kawhi will be back after the All-Star break.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what happens when you waste hundreds of millions on culture scrubs who aren't even top 50 at their position tbh. PATFO slurping gots defend it saying spurs aren't contending anyways because no one beating wrriors anyways wait them out but now wonder why an all-nba talent isn't into that defeatist
    What was that one Jeff McDonald tweet about the Spurs not being contenders anymore after free agency and how good the Warriors were?

"It's OK to let someone else have a turn"

LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all just rumor mill . No one here really knows the validity of anything
    Exactly! As of right now, I trust Kawhi over anyone else. In his time in San Antonio since being drafted, he has done nothing to make me question his honesty. If he said the injury was not from last year, I believe him.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for tonight's blowout loss to the Cavs when Pop tries to say with a straight face "Kawhi has no problems with this roster"

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    probably turning in most of my spurs card for a spurs team sans timmy, manu, kawhi tbh.

i’m not putting up with a tony/patty/forbes/anderson/gasol lineup in the future pop needs to get over himself, this is a business not a family. patriots are going to their millionth super bowl and not because they stayed loyal to wes welker, vince wilfork.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you already miss/forget about the Woj article yesterday? It made no mention of the roster or team direction. Also that "pussy" played the entire post-season and parts of the regular season with that injury.
    Did you already miss/forget that the guy who is now claiming Kawhi wants out directly referenced the Woj article yesterday and said there was nothing to worry about?

And I doubt that pussy played through anything last year since he can't even play back to back games. He said it HIMSELF that it was not an injury from last year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was misdiagnosed? Does he not have tendinopathy? If not what does he have? Who has diagnosed it correctly?
    hater is one of the most knowledgeable posters around and his resume speaks for itself. Certainly more knowledgeable than your regular advanced stat using nerds on here that think Green is a positive on the court

So your saying no luck? We will still have to put up with all the alts, like this one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also want to add this, if there is truth to the rumors, don't you think the Spurs are working overtime to make Kawhi happy here on out? Fans online are freaking out over rumors, if there is truth to them, you can bet the Spurs are going to work hard on whatever it is they need to do. They aren't just going to sit by and let one of the best players in the world slip through their fingers.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Exactly, rumors. They may or may not be true but so many people are talking like rumors are 100 percent true but anything coming from the Spurs or Kawhi's camp is not true. It's funny what people choose to believe.
    I've seen enough of these situations before. Somebody is leaking and is coming from Kawhi's camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen enough of these situations before. Somebody is leaking and is coming from Kawhi's camp.
    So Kawhi lied about his injury?

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    What was that one Jeff McDonald tweet about the Spurs not being contenders anymore after free agency and how good the Warriors were?

"It's OK to let someone else have a turn"

LOL
    PATFO mouthpiece ragging per par

It's just a few more years of waiting it out, Kawhi. Which is nothing in comparison to the age of the Local Galactic Group and its many breathtaking exo-planets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The LMA extension was a damn good contract and a very underrated move, considering the prices Griffin and Millsap got.

I'm fine with Gasol if it was a 2 year deal only. That 3rd year isn't poison but it's 6mil guaranteed. Mills is my biggest issue in all this. He did not play well enough to deserve that contract. It was an obvious reaction to Parker's injury. Pop and co really wanted a point with corporate knowledge. Gay also got a good deal. Heck the Grizzlies and Mavs gave Parsons and Matthew Max after their injuries and we get Gay for 6.5mil or something.

Drafting White was a bit too odd, then signing Paul when reality is we needed some youth big men.

Btw this Rose clip is just horse. Leonard's group already denied the issue.
    Since the summer I have had the thought Danny isn't guaranteed to come back... just based on all these guards added and the Spurs doubling down on Mills, Mills playing over Danny in some situations next to Tony or another PG, Pop going with super small sized lineups at times with defensive liabilities, and even last playoffs in favor of additional offense. At times last season Danny was benched in favor of Patty/Tony lineups... and this season Murray and Kyle have both been preferred recently to close games next to Forbes or Davis or someone else.

It's speculation because Danny has been injured as well, but it's just a feeling based on how many guards have recently been added, the fact some are in the team mostly on account of their defensive potential and Danny having already been included in trade talks this past summer. If he comes back on a discount he will be back, if not he's possibly gone unless he picks up that option. It's a hot take coming from me, and I could be 100% wrong... but I think this team is changing. Specially with Murray's defensive potential and ability to guard quick guards Danny's specialty is not as essential as it previously was... and the team have other guards with defensive talent...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO mouthpiece ragging per par

It's just a few more years of waiting it out, Kawhi. Which is nothing in comparison to the age of the Local Galactic Group and its many breathtaking exo-planets
    crofl

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So Kawhi lied about his injury?
    Didn't say he lied. But why would he want to let every team out there know directly from himself that his injury is a lingering one?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you already miss/forget that the guy who is now claiming Kawhi wants out directly referenced the Woj article yesterday and said there was nothing to worry about?

And I doubt that pussy played through anything last year since he can't even play back to back games. He said it HIMSELF that it was not an injury from last year
    So you are choosing to believe Jalen Rose's take? The same guy that said there wasn't an issue previously. Sure, ok.

Did you even watch the Spurs last postseason? Kawhi was icing his quad throughout the playoffs and there were reports that his quad was a bigger issue than his ankle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't say he lied. But why would he want to let every team out there know directly from himself that his injury is a lingering one?
    Most likely so it doesn't appear that it's just a "pain tolerance" issue and he looks soft IMO(there were reports that it was just a pain tolerance issue prior to Kawhi's return)..it's evident Kawhi's camp leaked, that goes without saying..

Thread Information