Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Born with 45 on 25 shots right now. Took Westbrook 18 more shots to get pretty much the same. LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Final 2 games of the series:

45.5 PPG, 12.5 RPG and 6 APG

those numbers are God-like..

Only players to average 45 PPG + double-digit rebounds in consecutive playoff games? Wilt Chamberlain and Russ..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Only players to average 45 PPG + double-digit rebounds in consecutive playoff games? Wilt Chamberlain and Russ..
    Where is Russ right now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is Russ right now?
    Why is that relevant? Other than LeBron, every great has been eliminated in the 1st round, it happens..

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is that relevant? Other than LeBron, every great has been eliminated in the 1st round, it happens..
    1st round exits are how we measure success apparently. Spot on take...

Take enough shots so you get enough points and you'll be great. No need to focus on winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well done Russ, I get the Iverson comparison - played all out etc, but I reckon Westbrook tries to get his teammates involved where he can, no matter how limited they may be & therefore a less selfish player & probably more liked by his teammates.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Because triple doubles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st round exits are how we measure success apparently. Spot on take...

Take enough shots so you get enough points and you'll be great. No need to focus on winning.
    If he had never been past the 1st round, I'd understand some of the criticism, but he's been to the Finals + 3 WCFs, it's not like man hasn't done plenty of winning in his career..

That stage of his career might be over, it doesn't really matter, though..not everybody needs to win rings, there's more to basketball..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    If he had never been past the 1st round, I'd understand some of the criticism, but he's been to the Finals + 3 WCFs, it's not like man hasn't done plenty of winning in his career..
    He has been with Durant and Harden. Without either of them he has not gotten past the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Raw PPG numbers good now. I see you conventionally forgot to list his fg% as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winning not important now. Harlem, CN, and the rest of the fluffers can post all of stats they want. Fact still remains Russ can’t get out of the first round without Durant holding his hand

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has been with Durant and Harden. Without either of them he has not gotten past the first round.
    He's only had 2 opportunities..Jordan and Kobe couldn't do it in their first 3 attempts(Kobe even missed the playoffs)..

KG took 7 tries IIRC, doesn't make him any less of a legend..

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That stage of his career might be over, it doesn't really matter, though..not everybody needs to win rings, there's more to basketball..
    He lost to the rockets who had marginally better (arguable) talent last year in 5 games, and just got punked by a rookie this year.

Durant won them that. The year RW went down with the knee injury, Durant was the one able to win a playoff series.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Only leaders since MJ:

Shaq
    TD
    Lebron
    Dirk
    Steph

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's only had 2 opportunities..Jordan and Kobe couldn't do it in their first 3 attempts(Kobe even missed the playoffs)..

KG took 7 tries IIRC, doesn't make him any less of a legend..
    And if Jordan had never won a le after that, would you be here proclaiming him the GOAT?

Of course not.

Westbrook is winning 0 les as the main dude on his team. You make it sound like he's just now entering his prime. WB is 30. He's been on stacked squads. He's made the Finals once and got destroyed.

He also single-handedly destroys his team's chances of winning more habitually than any other superstar I have ever seen in the league.

But what's most hilarious about your take is that you are proclaiming Westbrook is a god for scoring 46 points on 43 shots... in the same ing game that a ing rookie dropped 38 on Russ's squad - in 26 shots. While playing an entire quarter with 5 fouls. Oh, and despite being a rookie, he didn't take any shots like this:

2:05 Russell Westbrook misses 30-foot three point pullup jump shot 88 - 92

2 minutes left on the clock of a 4 point elimination game and Westbrook takes a 30 footer.

And you're sitting here ing defending him.

If any Spur in history every takes that ing shot, you are crucifying him in every single game thread for a year, regardless of what ridiculous stats they post otherwise.

42.8 Russell Westbrook misses 30-foot three point jumper 91 - 94

What's that? He did it again?

Seriously. What the . He's a 30% 3 point shooter.

And let's not forget the reason the Thunder were down 3-2 in the series -- because Westbrook let Ricky ing Rubio go off for a triple double.

I'd rather have Steve Nash on my team on defense. At least he ing tried.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Including his patented "airball multiple 3pt shots from way behind the arc early in the shot clock in a close game during the 4th quarter".

The guy's BBIQ is the opposite of a player like Draymond Green. That's why he's a loser.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again...

Harden
    Durant
    Ibaka

All continue in the playoffs.

Westbrook is done.

Harden 1st West
    Durant 2nd West
    Ibaka 1st East

Westbrook even with Paul George and Carmelo Anthony... 4th in the West and lost to the 5th seeded Jazz.
    Last year Westbrook lost to the Rockets, who lost the WCSF to a team who lost Kawhi and Tony Parker.. at home, by a load.

Suddenly, after sucking his all last year and most of this one... ESPN pretends to have common ing sense:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ty-thunder-nba

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Only leaders since MJ:

Shaq
    TD
    Lebron
    Dirk
    Steph
    Stephanie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Durbeta said it himself idk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only leaders since MJ:

Shaq
    TD
    Lebron
    Dirk
    Steph
    I'd add Harden if he doesn't choke this year..I hate his game, but can't deny his greatness, as long as he avoids his annual choke..

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'd add Harden if he doesn't choke this year..I hate his game, but can't deny his greatness, as long as he avoids his annual choke..
    too bad nobody outside of the analytics community realize how masterful and historically dominant Harden is at basketball. 3 MVP caliber seasons in 4 years, league MVP+Finals MVP (pending). He's like the 6th best perimeter player to ever play the game, realistically speaking but that might offend Bird fans

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Durbeta said it himself idk
    Gaymond

Thread Information