My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    water futures

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    water futures

Water rights have been traded for years right here in South Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Water rights have been traded for years right here in South Texas.
    Financialization is meta level to water rights.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Predatory Capitalists will certainly buy up as many TX water rights as available,

then extract exorbitant water prices.

"You want water to live? Pay me, the gatekeeper"

Capitalists intend to own/privatize everything necessary to life as the expand the rentier society to which USA has degraded

Pro-business hole TX run by bag Repugs will let the Capitalists run free.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call it Green, don’t ever refer to it as practical. If it elicits any thoughts of saving trees you got the red team’s attention... knee jerk to communist plot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call it Green, don’t ever refer to it as practical. If it elicits any thoughts of saving trees you got the red team’s attention... knee jerk to communist plot.
    lookie, Japanese commies!

Japan aims to eliminate gasoline-powered vehicles in about 15 years, the government said Friday in a plan to achieve Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga’s ambitious pledge to go carbon free by 2050 and generate nearly $2 trillion growth in green business and investment.

The “green growth strategy” urges utilities to bolster renewables and hydrogen while calling for auto industries to go carbon free by the mid-2030s.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...-change-450447

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PAYGO exceptions carved out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Private equity slavers over "the biggest build out ever"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manchin has reasons to big on green infrastructure

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyup. No doubt coal will be powering more in some places more than others.

Unfortunately for your brainwashed nazi ass, data for the wider country is available, as is a schedule of retirement of coal plants.

How many new coal plants are planned in the US in the next 10 years, dishonest ?

20 years?

Why do you go for the cheap shot lies? Are you purposefully trying to set up softballs for me to swat?

But hey, if you want to play the local game, let's do that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Learn to code.

Or storm the Capitol.

Whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corporate Merger Aims to Build a Water Privatization Giant

Veolia and Suez plan a $15.4 billion deal that would create the largest private water firm in the world.
    The Biden administration’s proposed mul rillion-dollar infrastructure package will give states and municipalities plentiful resources to rebuild their physical environments. But it also serves as a target for financiers, privatizers, and monopolists, who see a large pot of funding in front of them, ready for snatching. That’s one context for the $15.4 billion merger announced Monday between Suez and Veolia, two French firms that happen to be the largest water corporations in the world.
    https://prospect.org/environment/cor...t-veolia-suez/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not the first person to notice that we are beginning this century in much the same manner as the last: being raked over the coals by monopolies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of those two companies in a South American country had customers with no water out of the pipes, and bullying the customers to pay their water bills anyway.

Water, electricity, Internet, money should all be public goods, the common good, and not exploited by Capitalists

But we all know the Capitalism is so much more powerful that compromised govts, that we are ed out of wealth forever and stuck with ty, expensive from Capitalists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of those two companies in a South American country had customers with no water out of the pipes, and bullying the customers to pay their water bills anyway.

Water, electricity, Internet, money should all be public goods, the common good, and not exploited by Capitalists

But we all know the Capitalism is so much more powerful that compromised govts, that we are ed out of wealth forever and stuck with ty, expensive from Capitalists.
    fancy word for that:

Resource asymetry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the mirrored Biden/BlackRock diagram drew my eye

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "adding nutrients without addressing water quality issues" is a slick turn of phrase that makes the two things sound almost unrelated.

Des Moines Water Works will face a “catastrophe” unless Iowa finds a way to reduce farm pollution in the Raccoon River, which on Tuesday was named as one of the nation’s most endangered, the utility’s CEO said.

“It is clear, given the ammonia, phosphorus, and thousands of pounds of nitrogen that flow past our treatment plant, that adding any more nutrients to our watershed without addressing the water quality issues is going to lead to catastrophe,” Ted Corrigan said in an interview.

Corrigan made the comments as the national environmental nonprofit American Rivers added the Raccoon River to its annual list of the nation’s 10 most endangered list at No. 9. The Raccoon faces heavy pollution both from large-scale crop and livestock operations, American Rivers reported.
    https://iowacapitaldispatch.com/2021...st-endangered/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden to pledge to cut emissions in half by 2030

President Joe Biden will pledge to cut U.S. greenhouse gas emissions at least in half by 2030 as he convenes a virtual climate summit with 40 world leaders, according to three people with knowledge of the White House plans.

The 50% target would nearly double the nation’s previous commitment and help the Biden administration prod other countries for ambitious emissions cuts as well. The proposal would require dramatic changes in the power and transportation sectors, including significant increases in renewable energy such as wind and solar power and steep cuts in emissions from fossil fuels such as coal and oil.

The nonbinding but symbolically important pledge is a key element of the two-day summit, which begins Thursday as world leaders gather online to share strategies to combat climate change.
    https://apnews.com/article/politics-...2e61f23d0ba4b9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China confirms Xi Jinping will attend Biden’s Earth Day climate summit

• Chinese president will address virtual meeting of 40 world leaders organised by the White House to tackle climate change.

• Attendance signals chance for US-China cooperation as well as Beijing’s intention to take a leadership role on the issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    investment opportunity and job creation, if desired

https://www.wsj.com/articles/green-f...on-11621656039

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how much are emissions from charging up a car off a grid that contains some coal plants vs filling up a car with gas?

would probably be good to know.

even though there already are studies on this which take that into account, and still hold that electric cars cut emissions in half, even accounting for the production of those vehicles and their batteries. and of course, nothing stops us from trying to change the sources that power any given grid to be more green

Thread Information