Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Never voted democrat, so I don't consider myself a democrat. I readily admit to being liberal on social issues.

I think you're still missing the point. These are companies that just don't want to be singled out because they allow hate speech, or provide a medium for the crazies that go on rampages to post a manifesto, etc.

At the end of the day, they make money with advertising, etc, and just don't want to be associated with the s of society. For that group, the internet is big enough, and has a low enough barrier of entry where they can probably relocate.
    Well put. It seems to be a smaller example of a larger avalanche occurring in our society. IMO conservatives folded in the cultural war and now we are seeing for example corporations fall in line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well put. It seems to be a smaller example of a larger avalanche occurring in our society. IMO conservatives folded in the cultural war and now we are seeing for example corporations fall in line.
    It was actually never that popular in the internet age. You had to go to very specific places to locate these people in the past, like stormfront, etc.

The election of Trump vindicating some of these groups made them get out of their closets, feel validated and try to go mainstream, and now comes the expected and inevitable backlash and return to relative normalcy.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what real advertiser of any importance would want to be associated with white supremacy?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    what real advertiser of any importance would want to be associated with white supremacy?
    I understand that double standard while the white population is still over 50%. Will be interesting to see how it changes with the times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO conservatives folded in the cultural war and now we are seeing for example corporations fall in line.
    This probably deserves it's own response, since I always found it somewhat ironic. Probably one of the biggest shifts to social liberalism came in the 80s, with the US projecting social liberal freedom to the world (especially Russia), meanwhile the president was a very popular conservative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand that double standard while the white population is still over 50%. Will be interesting to see how it changes with the times.
    What double standard?

Why do you never answer any questions?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It was actually never that popular in the internet age. You had to go to very specific places to locate these people in the past, like stormfront, etc.

The election of Trump vindicating some of these groups made them get out of their closets, feel validated and try to go mainstream, and now comes the expected and inevitable backlash and return to relative normalcy.
    Totally agree from the conservative side. Stormfront lost its purpose for the reason you point out.

What else changed over the past 4 years? Anti-White rhetoric has gone mainstream. But we are preoccupied debating conspiracies over privilege and ins utionalized x,y,z. MTV started peddling left values a decade ago but ESPN has gone political over the past 5 years (pre Trump).

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    What double standard?

Why do you never answer any questions?
    BLM is black supremacy. I don't see any hockey rinks painting White Lives Matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's a problem of representation. I think the problem is that the vast majority of people really doesn't give two s about racial supremacy. It's probably at the very bottom of the list if it registers at all.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    BLM is black supremacy. I don't see any hockey rinks painting White Lives Matter.
    Black supremacy lol

Supremacy over you is your problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BLM is black supremacy.
    lol no

I'm for cops not killing anyone unnecessarily.

I understand your need to feel oppressed; I guarantee you've got it easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree from the conservative side. Stormfront lost its purpose for the reason you point out.

What else changed over the past 4 years? Anti-White rhetoric has gone mainstream. But we are preoccupied debating conspiracies over privilege and ins utionalized x,y,z. MTV started peddling left values a decade ago but ESPN has gone political over the past 5 years (pre Trump).
    The reason it was largely socially shunned is that it was never a popular position, certainly not since the Civil Rights movement. They embody all the backward things that give the US a historical black eye, like the Klan, separate-but-equal, slavery, the confederacy losers, etc.

You could say the Trump election was more of a pendulum swing and backslash somewhat in the political correctness spectrum, and I don't think that would be entirely inaccurate, but it's an untenable position in time.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The reason it was largely socially shunned is that it was never a popular position, certainly not since the Civil Rights movement. They embody all the backward things that give the US a historical black eye, like the Klan, separate-but-equal, slavery, the confederacy losers, etc.

You could say the Trump election was more of a pendulum swing and backslash somewhat in the political correctness spectrum, and I don't think that would be entirely inaccurate, but it's an untenable position in time.

Thread Information