Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats an apples point on an orange discussion but thanks for playing.
    Uh huh. Don't cry any more when I don't waste discussion with you and just go right to the lol you're an idiot lines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some markets where you have many suppliers and distributors, you see prices react to market. In monopolistic, situations like meat processing and produce you won't.

CC and what he does with his own business is his own business and the ad hominem attacks he is getting is akin to the stupidity Darrin likes to bandy about regarding climate: "what do you do to help the climate and if you don't do enough your points are invalid!'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh huh. Don't cry any more when I don't waste discussion with you and just go right to the lol you're an idiot lines.
    It's not my fault you tried so desperately hard for a "gotcha!" that ultimately didn't apply to the conversation on federal taxes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not my fault you tried so desperately hard for a "gotcha!" that ultimately didn't apply to the conversation on federal taxes.
    you moved the goalposts imo. your point was that higher taxes on corporations are passed onto consumers, then changed it to "federal" only, even though the same principle should apply with state taxes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you moved the goalposts imo. your point was that higher taxes on corporations are passed onto consumers, then changed it to "federal" only, even though the same principle should apply with state taxes
    The discussion was always about federal taxes on corporations. A multinational looks at multinational results and shoots for X profit margin to satisfy investors. Ups and down of state and local taxes average out nationally to a Y cost of doing business. The argument could be made that consumers in low tax states are subsidizing high tax states when a national brand establishes a national price point.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The discussion was always about federal taxes on corporations. A multinational looks at multinational results and shoots for X profit margin to satisfy investors. Ups and down of state and local taxes average out nationally to a Y cost of doing business. The argument could be made that consumers in low tax states are subsidizing high tax states when a national brand establishes a national price point.
    It could be said they are gouging low tax states and charging high tax states regularly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what kind of financially sound company would not consider different economic conditions when doing business in different states?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol "the argument could be made"

But it isn't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol "the argument could be made"

But it isn't
    Did you even graduate from high school? Your intellectual growth was apparently stunted somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some markets where you have many suppliers and distributors, you see prices react to market. In monopolistic, situations like meat processing and produce you won't.

CC and what he does with his own business is his own business and the ad hominem attacks he is getting is akin to the stupidity Darrin likes to bandy about regarding climate: "what do you do to help the climate and if you don't do enough your points are invalid!'

Lol, rent free

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should be proud. I thought of others that behaved like dumbasses and you were the first person I thought of. You are indeed a rent free example of stupidity. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you even graduate from high school? Your intellectual growth was apparently stunted somewhere.
    You're an intellectual pussy, leaving yourself an out. Make the argument and back it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You paid way in advance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that's really something to celebrate, especially when CBO says they will continue to climb starting this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that's really something to celebrate, especially when CBO says they will continue to climb starting this year.
    yr Trump sure blew it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    supply side tax cuts for the rich! A rising tide raises us all!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid. Be honest for a change whinehole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McCarthy wants to lock in the Trump tax cuts til 2033.

I forgot, are tax cuts deficit neutral?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid. Be honest for a change whinehole.
    The buck's gotta stop somewhere, CC.

GWB blamed war, depression and terrorism. You guys always have an excuse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's the Republican excuse for wanting to blow up the deficit this time?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry guys, the Repubs want to slash 30 billion from Veterans spending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dead in the Senate, but the inconsistency of principle is stark.

At the start of 2023, House Republicans refused to raise the debt ceiling unless the deficit came down. “We must move toward a balanced budget,” House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said in February. Eventually McCarthy settled for a bill that suspended the debt ceiling until 2025 and, according to the Congressional Budget Office, reduced the deficit by $1.5 trillion over 10 years.

But on June 13, the House Ways and Means Committee passed the Build It in America Act, 24–18, a tax cut that would increase the budget deficit by $157 billion over the next 10 years, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation. The measure is part of a package of three bills called the American Families and Jobs Act that together, according to the nonprofit Committee for a Responsible Budget, would (again, over 10 years) erase $1.1 trillion of the $1.5 trillion in savings from the deficit-ceiling bill.

This quan y of deficit reduction, you’ll recall, was so overwhelmingly necessary at the end of May that House Republicans were willing to risk default on the U.S. debt in order to achieve it. Yet two weeks later, their tax-writing committee pissed away nearly all
    of those savings in tax cuts.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1741...-raise-deficit

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are a great advertiser for a brand of ignorance or just flat out lying on this site.
    Congrats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are a great advertiser for a brand of ignorance or just flat out lying on this site.
    Congrats.
    I think there's a little of both. Bull ters are indifferent to truth and falsity, but trolls will lie on purpose just to get a reaction.

Thread Information