Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1778
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no reason we don't take on 2 prospects, provided they're interesting. This is as good of a time as any to develop talent. Unlikely 3, though (except draft & stash for, say, Nnaji or Coulibaly).
    Coulibaly is a first rounder, potentially late lottery (or even higher) He won't be be stashed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coulibaly is a first rounder, potentially late lottery (or even higher) He won't be be stashed.
    I think he's going in the late teens to early 20's..but several mocks have him falling to the 2nd round....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First rounder, possibly. Lottery, extremely unlikely. As for his status, he's very raw, could definitely use another season in Europe. But it will depend on him, his agent, and whatever team is interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a relevant tidbit to draft pick talk is that its been reported by Stein that miles bridges is widely expected to re-sign with the hornets. they also have 2 firsts this year (one high pick, one back end pick from denver). most of their key players are otherwise back, and their top FA's (bridges, washington, oubre) are all restricted and could be brought back. cupcake has already made comments that whatever cap room/flexibility they have probably wont be spent on a marquee FA, but rather to sign back their own guys

that does have the look of a playoff roster
    Last edited by spurraider21; 05-04-2023 at 04:34 PM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On paper your guess sounds fair, but it depends a lot on the cir stances. Charlotte essentially traded #13 for a lottery protected pick from a contender (ultimately ended at 27) plus a few seconds. That's not fair value, yet they didn't want to take on the guaranteed salary of an extra pick. So who knows.
    The Jazz have three first round picks. That's the team to target in a trade.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no reason we don't take on 2 prospects, provided they're interesting. This is as good of a time as any to develop talent. Unlikely 3, though (except draft & stash for, say, Nnaji or Coulibaly).
    Agree

It's not like the Spurs roster is locked in with top talent now and cannot take on three more prospects this year.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If someone interesting is out there (regardless of range) and we can get him with Charlotte's pick + #33 + #44 + as many future seconds as necessary, I'm all for it. Say Keyonte George falls to 15 or 16 (not likely, but possible), I'll do it. Charlotte's pick is capped at 15 and may not convey at all, so why wait if you can use it now.
    Why would another team want to trade away a mid first this year for that Charlotte pick that may not even convey and 33 + 44. That package isn't worth a mid first

Now if you offer the Toronto pick next year straight up with no other pick then that could be tempting for a team to make the trade. The Spurs get a mid first round pick this year that they are high on.
    Last edited by rascal; 05-05-2023 at 11:42 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First rounder, possibly. Lottery, extremely unlikely. As for his status, he's very raw, could definitely use another season in Europe. But it will depend on him, his agent, and whatever team is interested.
    He started the season raw but clearly refined his game to show his potential but you're right on saying it will depend on him, reason why if he's drafted FR, (and I have no doubts he will, nor do I personnally believe lottery is that improbable) I don't see him wanting to stay one more year in Europe nor a team wasting a FRP to stash him... Might as well develop in the NBA since the potential is here... And truth to be told, he isn't rawer than a lot of these lottery projected kids.

I believe Bilal could be the surprise of this overall meh and not that exciting draft behind Wemby. He could be somebody's reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody said he's attracted by big markets, but you should know how the NBA is functionning in terms of marketing. They need a player to be THE megastar, the face of the league, recognised everywhere around the globe, even by non basketball fans. Next time you meet non sports-fans friends talk about Doncic, Jokic, Embiid, Harden, Durant or Giannis (or TD for the matter)... then say: Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Lebron, well I guess you get it. And what happened to these megastar players, where did they go ? Did they really have the choice ?
    Chicago isn't a big market, and James was already the face of the NBA when he was in Cleveland.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody said he's attracted by big markets, but you should know how the NBA is functionning in terms of marketing. They need a player to be THE megastar, the face of the league, recognised everywhere around the globe, even by non basketball fans. Next time you meet non sports-fans friends talk about Doncic, Jokic, Embiid, Harden, Durant or Giannis (or TD for the matter)... then say: Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Lebron, well I guess you get it. And what happened to these megastar players, where did they go ? Did they really have the choice ?

To be fair, Kobe Shaq and lebron has multiple championships. Like 4-5 and has many finals appearances.

Duncan too. But others aren't really that successful. Maybe Durant. But he is remembered for moving to warriors more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago isn't a big market, and James was already the face of the NBA when he was in Cleveland.

https://hoop-social.com/nba-team-market-size-rankings/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He started the season raw but clearly refined his game to show his potential but you're right on saying it will depend on him, reason why if he's drafted FR, (and I have no doubts he will, nor do I personnally believe lottery is that improbable) I don't see him wanting to stay one more year in Europe nor a team wasting a FRP to stash him... Might as well develop in the NBA since the potential is here... And truth to be told, he isn't rawer than a lot of these lottery projected kids.

I believe Bilal could be the surprise of this overall meh and not that exciting draft behind Wemby. He could be somebody's reach.
    He wasn't playing in his own first team until not long ago, he's definitely not ready for the NBA, and the fact that there are other players who are also not ready (like GG Jackson, for instance) doesn't change that. I think this next season there won't be many teams tanking hard and giving much playing time to projects, certainly Houston and Detroit aren't expected to do so after their coaches being dismissed, and the rest of the lottery teams (Orlando, Indiana, Charlotte, Utah, OKC, Dallas, Washington, etc) are definitely looking to compete. I think he goes in the late 20s, with Portland, Utah and Indiana being the most likely targets. If that's the case, clock starts ticking and you have 2 guaranteed years only to show you're worth something. One more year in Europe makes a lot of sense for him, rather than being buried in the G League and playing garbage minutes in the NBA. But again, usually these things are arranged with players and agents, so it'll come down to that. I believe he'd be a very interesting bet for the Spurs in the event he falls to our pick, not likely (I said he should go in the mid to late 20s IMO) but definitely not impossible. But if we trade up a few positions with a team that has several late firsts and use it on him, He should make for a pretty interesting gamble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I really just read that Chicago isn't a big market?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The comedy troupe Second City, from Chicago, was literally named that, because at the time, Chicago was the second largest city in America,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said that considering how attractive it can be for a player, it’s nothing compared to NY or LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think GSW fan base combines the whole of Bay Area, SF, Oakland and San Jose which is about 7.7 mil instead, not including the bandwagon fans everywhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think GSW fan base combines the whole of Bay Area, SF, Oakland and San Jose which is about 7.7 mil instead, not including the bandwagon fans everywhere
    And, as you suggest, they barely had any fans before Curry. Size of metro area is one thing, fanbase is another.

Raptors have a large and rabid fanbase because they represent a larger Canadian area. Even if that's only Ontario that's a lot.

Thunder have a very large fanbase because a lot of Millennials followed them when they were kids because of Durant-Westbrook-Harden and never grew out of it. No way some city in a state should have that kind of fanbase.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for fun I have been looking at the 2024 mock drafts which all pretty much have us being really bad but two have us picking the kid in the top 10. So unless he gets a wink wink he might stay in and come out in 2024. I liked him as our pick in the second round will see what happens and where he falls as in every draft a certain amount of players will be moving up and downs as the draft takes place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't playing in his own first team until not long ago, he's definitely not ready for the NBA,
    It isn't not only a negative point that he didn't start on his own first team, but that's actually a positive one that shows how leaps and bounds he took this year. And I don't care where he started the season, all these college guys or the twins didn't play any (real) pro game this season, contrary to Bilal, I just watched what he showed and I'm stiil waiting what exactly doesn't put him in the same conversation as the twins or Whitmore who didn't show more and actually less for most...

This is a serious question: what in all did the twins show that really puts them higher than a Bilal, besides being mediocre against teens and showing they can't shoot or defend? Answer: pundits hype. Put BIlal the last 6 months in OTE and he would have as much, if not more hype than the twins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bilal’s being insanely overhyped on ST (and probably the only place where he is). I’ve watched full games with Bilal, nothing he’s done warrants the hype right now. Going in, I saw Rupert and Bilal as similar players and Rupert is the better version because his offensive game is more advanced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    …in before cherry picked stats or out of context stats that provide no value whatsoever.

or before, “bro, trust me. I’ve watched 10 mins of his highlights”

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He already said he would be happy in SA, and I actually posted that his whole family hopes he will land there. Stop thinking he’s attracted by big markets, he’s not that kind of kid.
    link?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bilal’s being insanely overhyped on ST (and probably the only place where he is). I’ve watched full games with Bilal, nothing he’s done warrants the hype right now. Going in, I saw Rupert and Bilal as similar players and Rupert is the better version because his offensive game is more advanced.
    Everyone says that Scoot and the Thompsons played against weak compe ion but that league where Bilal played in France doesn't look very strong either.

Thread Information